12Next >
4429 42 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294859 ft
United States

Has anytime had any success with a warranty claim?  With my Mavic Pro above my house, all the controls quit working and the Return Home button would not work.  DJI claims it was the wind and will not help at all. The drone is lost.  
2018-1-30
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

DJI strikes again!
2018-1-30
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Quite a lot of detail missing here. They must have said more than you indicated.
2018-1-30
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-1-30 07:29
Quite a lot of detail missing here. They must have said more than you indicated.

lol. My experience would say different. I have been asking for help on the boards for months with very little response from DJI. Whatever response they do give, it's either a video that doesn't pertain to what is being asked, or a generic question to which you answer then DJI is never to be heard from again.

What makes you think otherwise?
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

DJI does not warranties your drone if you lost it.
Can you post your flight log on PhantomHelp if you know how?  We'd like to look into your flight.
2018-1-30
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-30 07:35
lol. My experience would say different. I have been asking for help on the boards for months with very little response from DJI. Whatever response they do give, it's either a video that doesn't pertain to what is being asked, or a generic question to which you answer then DJI is never to be heard from again.

I know you seem to be on a crusade but they always respond with a cursory analysis, even if it's only to say that they don't know what happened.  Did the pilot ignore high wind or interference warnings? Did he issue conflicting commands? I've never seen where the response was merely "it was the wind"!
2018-1-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If you believe that the loss wasn't your fault then upload the flight log (TXT file from your mobile device) to PhantomHelp using these instructions and post a link to it here.
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 07:49
DJI does not warranties your drone if you lost it. Can you post your flight log on PhantomHelp if you know how?  We'd like to look into your flight.

Dji will give warranty for all aircraft whether lost or found if there is a malfunction, only care refresh requires finding drone.
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My first P4P back in Nov '16 had a broken IMU (unable to calibrate) straight out of the box. Returned under warranty and replaced with a brand new one that was perfect. They paid for the shipping to and from the Netherlands to London, I had a dedicated case handler who kept me informed and replied to my emails almost daily and they didn't charge me a penny. Thats the only time I have ever had to return a drone to DJI as never crashed one.  
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 11:29
Dji will give warranty for all aircraft whether lost or found if there is a malfunction, only care refresh requires finding drone.

Wow I didn't know that. They say that but in practice they never replace faulty drones that were lost..

In my experience every single time that happens they "cannot confirm that there was a malfunction because the drone was not found". Basically they're lying about their warranty...
2018-1-30
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 11:54
Wow I didn't know that. They say that but in practice they never replace faulty drones that were lost..

In my experience every single time that happens they "cannot confirm that there was a malfunction because the drone was not found". Basically they're lying about their warranty...

Well, you gotta have some evidence the drone malfunctioned other than the pilots word.
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 11:54

Not sure what you mean by lying about their warranty, but I have seen many cases where warranty on the basis of log from app.
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-1-30 12:02
Well, you gotta have some evidence the drone malfunctioned other than the pilots word.

They have the flight logs. If you don't consider flight logs to be evidence then you should not say that lost faulty units will be replaced.
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 12:08
Not sure what you mean by lying about their warranty, but I have seen many cases where warranty on the basis of log from app.

When the drone is lost, they say that the drone cannot be replaced. Basically, they want you to send your drone to them if you want a free replacement or reparation. They won't send a new drone to you if you don't send the faulty one that crashed.
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 12:14
When the drone is lost, they say that the drone cannot be replaced. Basically, they want you to send your drone to them if you want a free replacement or reparation. They won't send a new drone to you if you don't send the faulty one that crashed.

That’s wrong and only applies to dji Care refresh, your warranty covers all malfunctions of the drone and you don’t need to retrieve it to get a replacement.
You can check this out in your warranty.
Don’t  be confused with the difference between warranty and  dji Care refresh they are totally separate guarantees .
2018-1-30
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 12:14
When the drone is lost, they say that the drone cannot be replaced. Basically, they want you to send your drone to them if you want a free replacement or reparation. They won't send a new drone to you if you don't send the faulty one that crashed.

That's the risk that comes with the hobby!
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 12:21
That’s wrong and only applies to dji Care refresh, your warranty covers all malfunctions of the drone and you don’t need to retrieve it to get a replacement.
You can check this out in your warranty.
Don’t  be confused with the difference between warranty and  dji Care refresh they are totally separate guarantees .

Hmm looks like I'm gonna need to read about DJI warranty.  You're right I'm probably confusing it with Care Refresh.
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 12:24
Hmm looks like I'm gonna need to read about DJI warranty.  You're right I'm probably confusing it with Care Refresh.

Here’s just one recent example there are plenty more.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-131353-1-1.html
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 12:28
Here’s just one recent example there are plenty more.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-131353-1-1.html

Do you know how long the warranty lasts for the Mavic?
2018-1-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 12:36
Do you know how long the warranty lasts for the Mavic?

One year for the aircraft itself; six months for the battery.
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-30 12:44
One year for the aircraft itself; six months for the battery.

Alright thanks for the information
2018-1-30
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

Ok, gostrdr, and, others, let me give you some detail, and you tell me what you think!!!!

There was no issue over strong wind.  The Drone was almost directly above my house. I was watching it.  The controls quit working and I put the drone in “Go Home” mode, the drone only had to land.

image1.png

Directly aboce me, it had a Motor Current error - again in GoHome mode and ABOVE MY HOUSE.

image2.png

At the “High Wind” warning, the drone was above my house and in GoHome mode, and with plenty of battery power.  It only had to come down.  I was not so windy that the Mavic could not land.  As you will see, it flew off because it would not accept controls.

image3.png

At 2:57, when it was not responding to any controls in GoHome mode, it had another Motor Current error.  It was not only in my line of sight, but above my house.

Afterwards, while still in GoHome mode, you can see the drone pass over my house, in GoHome mode.

image1.png

Once the drone has (1) PASSED OVER MY HOUSE, (2) not responded to controls (3) not responded to ReturnHome function, I took it out of GoHome mode, only to put it back in a few seconds later, hoping something would reset.  It still would not respond.

image4.pngimage7.pngimage5.png

Again, DJI’s position that the drone did not return because if wind is not correct at all- as it just appears an excuse not to honor its commitments to me.  At all times in question, the drone was right above my home and in clear eyesight.  The wind had nothing to do with the loss.  The drone was carried away from above my home not from the high wind, but because neither the controles or the GoHome feature would work.  To repeat, all of this was right above my home.  On another note - it was not windy.

DJI should honor its commitment to me.  This is very disappointing as I am a huge DJI fan, having bought both the Spark and the DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo.  I have also proudly posted videos using the drone - even taking pictures of the drone all fixed up and sharing them.

Here is what DJI said:

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-1434222-C2R5N5, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft was piloted under Sport mode, and it could not respond to the pilot's control perfectly due to the strong wind. There was 63% battery left when the aircraft took-off;
2. At flight time 02'07'', H=92 m, D=133 m, the aircraft was hovering without pilot input but tilted 14.8 degrees forward and tilted 7.1 degrees to the left due to the wind;
3. At flight time 02'09'', H=92 m, D=133 m, the pilot triggered one-tap return-to-home with remote, and the aircraft started to ascend as the pre-set RTH altitude was 200 meters. The aircraft could not RTH against the strong wind;
4. At flight time 06'50'', H=290 m, D=976 m, battery capacity: 17%, the aircraft entered landing mode due to the Critically Low battery;
5. At flight time 07'41'', H=144 m, D=1146 m, the flight record ended when the aircraft was landing. The aircraft would land in improper place at the end.

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by improper flight environment.  Please do not fly in high-wind condition.

If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another aircraft, we can try to especially apply for a 15% off discount for Mavic Pro Platinum without charger and remote.
Please kindly inform us below:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Here is what happened:

2018-1-30
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

Can you upload your flight log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

We can see exactly what the mavic was doing.
2018-1-30
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

ibuyufo Posted at 2018-1-30 20:50
Can you upload your flight log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

We can see exactly what the mavic was doing.

I can see the flight plan on my MacBook - I need a little instruction on the upleadeing.  Thank you!!!
2018-1-30
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

fans05872eb3 Posted at 2018-1-30 20:58
I can see the flight plan on my MacBook - I need a little instruction on the upleadeing.  Thank you!!!

Sorry for spelling errors - typing on a tablet!!
2018-1-30
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
United States

Try this.  I'm assuming you have an iOS device.

2018-1-30
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know how to upload a flight log from an iPad or an iPhone?
2018-1-30
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

fans05872eb3 Posted at 2018-1-30 21:17
Does anyone know how to upload a flight log from an iPad or an iPhone?

Use the link in post #23. this is how Upload ,TXT log file Apple.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans05872eb3 Posted at 2018-1-30 20:45
Ok, gostrdr, and, others, let me give you some detail, and you tell me what you think!!!!

There was no issue over strong wind.  The Drone was almost directly above my house. I was watching it.  The controls quit working and I put the drone in “Go Home” mode, the drone only had to land.

I am really sorry for your lost, I know it is frustrated. According to the record you provided, please refer to the screenshot of the flight record below: 1. The aircraft hovering without pilot input but tilted 14.8 degrees forward and titled 7.1 degrees to the left due to the wind, which indicated that the aircraft was influenced by strong winds.
data ana1.png
2. The pilot triggered one-tap return-to-home with remote, and the return height is 200 meters. The higher the height, the higher the wind, and the aircraft could not RTH due to the wind. RTH was triggered and cancelled by the pilot several times afterwards.
data ana 3.png
3. Then the aircraft entered landing mode due to the Critically Low battery warning.
data ana 2.png
4. The flight record ended when aircraft landing. Then aircraft would land in improper place at the end.
data ana4.png
This is a pilot error, we had provided you with the most reasonable offer. Though this is really painful, hope you can learn from it and move on.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-31 02:57
I am really sorry for your lost, I know it is frustrated. According to the record you provided, please refer to the screenshot of the flight record below: 1. The aircraft hovering without pilot input but tilted 14.8 degrees forward and titled 7.1 degrees to the left due to the wind, which indicated that the aircraft was influenced by strong winds.
[view_image]
2. The pilot triggered one-tap return-to-home with remote, and the return height is 200 meters. The higher the height, the higher the wind, and the aircraft could not RTH due to the wind. RTH was triggered and cancelled by the pilot several times afterwards.

Again, you guys don’t get it.  It was not windy and the controls would not work.  Why don’t you explain why the controls would not work - the drone was aboce my house.  
2018-1-31
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-31 02:57
[view_image]
2. The pilot triggered one-tap return-to-home with remote, and the return height is 200 meters. The higher the height, the higher the wind, and the aircraft could not RTH due to the wind. RTH was triggered and cancelled by the pilot several times afterwards.

Either you guys completely misunderstand or there is a language barrier here.
First, it was not windy.

Second, the controls would not work, meaning I could not land it myself

Third, controls not working, I pressed the RTH button.  Still nothing.

Fourth,  I watched the drone fly DIRECTLY ABOVE MY HOUSE and I had no control.  This is not wind.

Fifth, something was wrong with the drone as it also showed a Motor Current Error - more than once.

Sixth, even the High Wind alert, which came on when I had no control, merely  says “Fly with caution and ensure the aircraft remains within your line of sight.”  IT WAS!!  I just could not control it.  IT WAS ABOVE MY HOUSE and you have the flight records on that, but let me help:

If it very simple.  The drone was above my house and the controls and the RTH would not work.  The rest of the flight is the drone just drifting off.  

4B84F856-140C-412B-B1F7-00B00E03D05A.jpeg
53BCF80C-69D6-4139-8081-A47C4282EB0F.jpeg
2018-1-31
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

DJI

The pictures YOU posted show a Fly Away with no control above my house.  The rest of the flight, with the drone flying East, is just it flying off.   It like you are saying a drone that can run 40 mph, but could not land whe it was above my yard.

Again, very simple, the controls stopped workings.

2018-1-31
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-1-30 12:02

Hey ghostrdr, what do you think here? How much more info can i provide?
2018-1-31
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
United States

It looks like to me at the beginning your mavic pro was holding against the wind with the tilt at 92.2 meters.  Then a RTH was initiated.  This sent the mavic up to almost 1000 feet above based on the 290.7 meters height in one of the photos.  As the mavic was ascending, strong winds took the mavic for a ride up until the battery went low and it started landing.  You have not uploaded your data yet so it's hard to say whether you moved the controls or not and all that there is to go on is what DJI says happened.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

If you can tell me how to upload from an iPhone or a MacBook Pro, I would really appreciate it!

But it is not the wind - again this drone was above my house and I had no control over it whatsoever.  Wind or no wind, I could have just brought it sow into my yard.  
2018-1-31
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
United States

Look at post #23, 26, and 28 to upload your flight log.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

I looks like they are uploading from a computer - not an iPhone or an IPad.  I can’t find how to do without a regular computer.  Hmmmmm
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans05872eb3 Posted at 2018-1-31 06:12
Either you guys completely misunderstand or there is a language barrier here.
First, it was not windy.

Sir, please check the first screenshot in Thor's message: In 02:07, the drone is tilted without sticks input, which has proved that there are strong winds at that time. That's the reason why you feel the drone is hard to control. The wind will be stronger in higher altitude.  
After that, RTH is triggered and cancelled for several times. This is not matched with your description. Regarding the Motor Current Error, does the issue appear in Simulator Mode only? If yes, the drone can be used normally.

All the above are concluded based on the flight records you offered, and I'm sincerely sorry to tell you that this is not a warranty case. If you have more data, feel free to send to us, we'll forward to our engineers for further review, thanks!
2018-1-31
Use props
fans05872eb3
lvl.1
United States

At 2:07 the drone tilted - big deal.  It did not have “sticks imput” because it was not accepting any controls.  Yes,  I put it in and out of RTH several times - which is exactly what you would do if your controles were not working - trying to get the drone to respond.  My description has not changed. This is a simple fly away - that is it.

Back to the wind.  The screen says to keep in line of sight and fly with caution.  This is exactly what I did.  Again, it was over my house.  It was not windy.  Again, if it was above my house and drifting a 13 mph, then drifted slower and slower.  You can look at the speeds, the drift was even slower.  The Mavic Pro had the power to fly either straight down, or back to my house under these circumstances, it is just the controls would not work.  

Again, this is a simple fly away - and even your records show there were no controller inputs.  
2018-2-1
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Please tell me, just because I'm really interested... How fast was the wind at 654.7 feet above your takeoff position? That's the height of your drone in the screen shot, above, where you say it was flying at 13mph. It would seem that it was driftng at 13mph, while trying to stay in one place. In other words, the wind was 13mph faster than the fastest speed your Mavic could fly at!. You keep telling us that there was no wind. Again, I ask you how you knew the wind speed at 654.7 feet above your takeoff position? Were you simultaneously flying a kite or something?
2018-2-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules