Any way to filter out all this Mavic Air talk from the Pro talk?
4040 17 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

I used to come here every day for the past few months to read and discuss Mavic Pro before the Air launched. Despite having it's own section, all the Pro and Air talk in one forum is really annoying and doesn't help either parties who are interested in discussing about their respective drones. Please sort this out better DJI so we can all get and give the help accordingly .
2018-1-30
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

100% agree - new sub forum for *Air
2018-1-30
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-30 07:49

I agree with that
2018-1-30
Use props
fansa95ed05f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1335732 ft
Norway

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-30 07:49

Agree!
The Air topics are flooding the forum.

I admit that I like to read about the Air - but please fix a separate category!
Best for Air-users and all the Mavic Pro users :-)
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I doubt that will happen - there are Phantom 1 pilots posting in the same area as Phantom 4 Pro Plus Obsidian pilots and Inspire 1 X3 pilots in the same place as Inspire 2 X7 and Matrice 200 pilots. This is the Mavic section of the forum and like it or not the Air is defined by DJI as a Mavic. On that basis I think it will be staying here. I guess the answer is to state Mavic Pro or Mavic Air in the title of your post as the others do and if you see 'Mavic Air fly away' or 'Mavic Air is the best ever drone ever made' then you can simply ignore it.
2018-1-30
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-30 08:35
I doubt that will happen - there are Phantom 1 pilots posting in the same area as Phantom 4 Pro Plus Obsidian pilots and Inspire 1 X3 pilots in the same place as Inspire 2 X7 and Matrice 200 pilots. This is the Mavic section of the forum and like it or not the Air is defined by DJI as a Mavic. On that basis I think it will be staying here.

Agreed, but it's as simple as adding a subcategory like the 10 or so they already do to distinguish drones (in all drone forums). Maybe someone just hasn't said it yet so they never thought of it? Idk haha but it'd definitely streamline things much better and people would be getting the proper help they're seeking instead of scorching these forums
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rshah921 Posted at 2018-1-30 08:41
Agreed, but it's as simple as adding a subcategory like the 10 or so they already do to distinguish drones (in all drone forums). Maybe someone just hasn't said it yet so they never thought of it? Idk haha but it'd definitely streamline things much better and people would be getting the proper help they're seeking instead of scorching these forums

I totally agree that it would be better to streamline the forum and categorise by more defined models but it's not the first time this has been raised. Perhaps their view is to split by main category only and learn from each other within a wider category + to entice one another to buy the other one's drone LOL
2018-1-30
Use props
rshah921
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-30 08:49
I totally agree that it would be better to streamline the forum and categorise by more defined models but it's not the first time this has been raised. Perhaps their view is to split by main category only and learn from each other within a wider category + to entice one another to buy the other one's drone LOL

hahaha marketing departmentt is on top of their game
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exactly LOL - it's all marketing and why not - it's a business at the end of the day.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, we suggest choosing the relative topic at the moment. Hope it helps to some extent. topic.png
2018-1-31
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Well Thor, that's all well and good... unless you're a MP owner looking for MP information.  I can filter out subject and look for MA stuff, but I don't think that you can filter out MA stuff looking for MP stuff only.  
2018-1-31
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-1-31 14:46
Well Thor, that's all well and good... unless you're a MP owner looking for MP information.  I can filter out subject and look for MA stuff, but I don't think that you can filter out MA stuff looking for MP stuff only.

Exactly, and that is the essence of the problem now with such different Mavics.
2018-1-31
Use props
FredAstra
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-31 14:57
Exactly, and that is the essence of the problem now with such different Mavics.

I agree 100%
2018-1-31
Use props
RazorKQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16785 ft
United States

I sent a PM to an admin requesting just that but no response as of yet.  Doubt it will happen.  It is a pain.
2018-1-31
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-31 01:17
Hi there, we suggest choosing the relative topic at the moment. Hope it helps to some extent.[view_image]

Yes, but the problem is that not exist a MP topic... I create this thread some days back for the same theme. Thanks in advance!
https://forum.dji.com/thread-131081-1-1.html

2018-1-31
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

As DJI thor mentioned... there is an index.....
zzm.jpg
2018-1-31
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I have whipped up a little piece of Javascript that I can apply to just remove the MA posts.
2018-1-31
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

It's gotten so confusing on the Facebook dji pages (of which I still haven't figured out how I got subscribed to two of them) that I finally opted out if both of them. Total confusion. Everyone was asking questions about "their" drone but not saying what model.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules