761 1 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
web_parrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to see DJI Support add a Notification-to-Customers feature for releases (changes) in product Firmware and Software.

When we purchase and register our equipment (drones, selfie sticks, chargers, batteries) we provide email addresses and product ID's (SN's).  It would be of great benefit to me DJI would send me a notice when ANY update, change, or compatability alert was released or discovered.  

This became of interest when, on January 24th there was a DJI Support notice on this forum that 'alerted' us to to an incompatibility problem with a recent iOS update.  It was very specific to certain drone models.  If I was not online checking the Forum I wouldn't have known about the problem(s), the consequences (for this problem) would have been considerable.  

DJI HAS my information about what I've purchased, and they seem very willing to send me marketing promotional emails announcing new product.  Perhaps marketing could share that information with Support on a prospective basis!

Ideally this would be "automatic" when we register.  Alternatively we could use our Account Profile to verify the warranty info and add other critical details about which monitor hardware and Operating System(s) we are using.  [ I.E., My account would list the S/N, etc. and I could add relevant details after registration ] DJI could then take responsibility to notify/alert us to changes that will affect our individualized equipment.

Before the "snarky" comments begin rolling in, please consider the advantages of this option, and add your support to the concept, at a minimum :-)  Having spent a lot of time on the forums I'm well aware that Support has taken a lot of abuse from customers....  The more DJI sees support for the concept, the more likely they will see it as something THEY can support and benefit from.   

2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We appreciate your valuable suggestion, usually for the important announcement, we will also push notification in the DJI Go APP, but we will also forward your suggestion to management department for consideration, thanks for your attention.
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules