Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
This forum is no longer for mavic pro/platinum owners...
2204 17 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PetLabarak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65512 ft
Canada

Before the arrival of mavic air, I came here every day to take information about my bird....

All I see is discussion about another model that the title of this forum...

Come on DJI.
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

I don't think they will make a different forum for the air. Eventually, it will calm down anyways.

There are a lot of different Phantoms and there are 2 inspires. Just because they share the same name they share the same forum.
2018-1-30
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

It would help if people stopped posting the same threads.....
2018-1-30
Use props
Steeevo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

Im in the same boat its boring with all the magic air stuff. I'm going to check out magic pilots forum now.
2018-1-30
Use props
I am Sparkacus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94626 ft
United Kingdom

When us new Air owners have questions it would be a real shame not to be able to get some great advice from those who already fly much more capable birds than the Spark (which I have come from) we’re all just trying to better ourselves and as MiniPalourde said ‘it will calm down’.
2018-1-30
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Tend to agree, the mav air is a different bird like the spark.

New forum area for it needed.

Winds me up as well, I want one.
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Where did you think Mavic Pro Guys came to discuss when it was being released if you don’t know, it was in the middle of phantom forum, but it took awhile until it got its own page, give it some time I’m sure those looking after this website will sort it out, just be patient .
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2018-1-30 10:09
Tend to agree, the mav air is a different bird like the spark.

New forum area for it needed.

I think winding up people is the real problem, phantom forum works really well with just one discussion column for each phantom, all other subjects share columns like video/photo, Camera, general, hardware etc, and it works really well much more experience and knowledge to learn from.
2018-1-30
Use props
JensIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I support the proposal that the Mavic Air should have its own top-level forum, hopefully DJI is working on this. The Mavic Air is a completely different drone from the Mavic Pro in almost all respects (except the name) and  they seem to have very little in common except for some of the software/firmware functionality. It is just as different as the Mavic Pro is from the Spark.
Personally I am sure both the Mavic Air owners and the Mavic Pro owners will benefit from this. If I ever decide to get a Mavic Air I can always visit both forums, just like I do with the Mavic Pro and the Spark today.
As for the "universal" subjects, such as video tech and methods, etc I already visit the other forums to review these type of posts from time to time to learn.
Another option is to reorganize the total forum in to "universal" sub-forums  (for showcasing videos and discussing photo and video editing etc) and "model-specific" sub-forums for subjects specific to each model.
2018-1-30
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

When you click the top navigation for the DJI model that you want, notice that there is also a list of filters just beneath it.  There is a filter for Mavic Air, if you only want that.  You can also choose "videos and photos" if you only want to see those and not general discussion items.  There currently is no selection for Mavic Pro, but give it some time.
2018-1-30
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

These forums have a tendency to die done 1 year after the release of a new product, for example,although there are tens of thousands of inspire 1 all versions out their a full day can go by without a single post...
2018-1-30
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry but this is silly.  How many model Phantoms are there? We don't have, nor do we need, a separate area for each model within a series.  We can handle the Air & Pro in a single Mavic forum.  The Air is new so its a hot topic.  When a Mavic Pro 2 is released it too will become the talk of the town.
2018-1-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Totally agree. Most of the Mavic Air answer are speculation. Most people haven’t received theirs. But I understand the need for knowledge.
2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Kindly see my proposal here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132455-1-1.html
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, at the moment, if you only need to read the relative news about Mavic Air, you can select the designated topic. Hope it helps. air.png
2018-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That makes sense right. New product... Lot of attention.
2018-1-31
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-31 00:39
Hi there, at the moment, if you only need to read the relative news about Mavic Air, you can select the designated topic. Hope it helps.[view_image]

And if I just want news about MP or MPP what do I use?
2018-1-31
Use props
JensIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-31 00:39
Hi there, at the moment, if you only need to read the relative news about Mavic Air, you can select the designated topic. Hope it helps.[view_image]

In my opinion it does not really help that much, since it depends on how posters assign "topic". And some of the "topics" available will apply to both the Pro and the Air. For example, under "Hardware Support" and also "Accessories" you will end up with threads about both the Pro and the Air. And these types of threads are the ones where it would be most beneficial to separate the two types, since they have no physical similaritites at all (except for using the same camera).
For other topics, such as for example showcasing videos and photos it is not important at all, it could even be a common forum including also other models. But that would require a major reorganization of the forum, which probably would not happen.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules