Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile and iPhone 8 Plus
3752 10 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans67c1b923
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have been using my Osmo Mobile happily with an iphone 7 but have just bought an iphone 8 plus and can't get it to connect. Support tell me it is not compatible?? But I've seen loads of threads on here with people saying they are using the iphone 8 plus without issue - can anyone help?

2018-1-30
Use props
fans67c1b923
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Problem solved - iPhone 8 plus now working fine, turns out the Osmo Mobile was picking up Bluetooth on my old phone so that why the new one wouldn't connect - d'oh. Not impressed with Marjorie in online chat though, went round in circles and then said the engineers had not yet tested iPhone 8 plus with the app.
2018-1-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ah, good thing you found that out.
I had exactly the same, but was too late for your q
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know the issue got sorted out, we apologize for the unpleasant experience by our support, iPhone 8 is compatible with Osmo Mobile, please note to turn off other Bluetooth when you connect to Osmo Mobile. If there is any other problem, please keep us updated, thank you.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans67c1b923
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-31 03:48
Glad to know the issue got sorted out, we apologize for the unpleasant experience by our support, iPhone 8 is compatible with Osmo Mobile, please note to turn off other Bluetooth when you connect to Osmo Mobile. If there is any other problem, please keep us updated, thank you.

Thanks - another quick question. Doesn't seem possible to balance the iPhone 8+ before switching on, even with the arm fully extended  - feels ok when engaged with the app but will it cause an issue when used for an extended period (e.g. overheating?) Or is there a counterweight available to balance it?
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans67c1b923 Posted at 2018-2-1 01:21
Thanks - another quick question. Doesn't seem possible to balance the iPhone 8+ before switching on, even with the arm fully extended  - feels ok when engaged with the app but will it cause an issue when used for an extended period (e.g. overheating?) Or is there a counterweight available to balance it?

May I have a short video about the balancing process for further support? Thank you.
2018-2-3
Use props
fans67c1b923
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 00:07
May I have a short video about the balancing process for further support? Thank you.

Hi - have uploaded a video here
Advice appreciated.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans67c1b923 Posted at 2018-2-3 07:16
Hi - have uploaded a video here https://vimeo.com/254109623
Advice appreciated.

Thanks for the video, have you tried to calibrate the gimbal? It could be balanced before switching on actually.
2018-2-5
Use props
fans67c1b923
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes have calibrated the gimbal BUT, as per the video, there doesn't seem to be any way to balance the phone before the device is switched on (as I could with an iphone7 for example). It all works ok but is it an issue in terms of battery use or overheating when used for an extended period??
2018-2-7
Use props
nwatchman
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 21:29
Thanks for the video, have you tried to calibrate the gimbal? It could be balanced before switching on actually.

I have the same question. I cannot balance the iphone 8 plus on the device to save my life. It just continually falls to the left.
2019-8-15
Use props
Udo13
First Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

For about 2 years I use my YI4k Plus with the Osmo Mobile.  For balance, I glued a small iron disk to the right of the Osmo Mobile.  I also use it with the iPhone 8 Plus and now also with the 11 Pro Max.

555CB0BF-78A1-4FF3-95BC-082A9ED8D505.jpeg
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules