Beware new dji p2 care plan
1500 35 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ac2e489
lvl.1
United States

Inheirted a dji phantom 2 v+ from my father who brought it a week before he started to fall ill. The box was never opened (plastic stickers still sealing the box). Upon opening the battery in drone was completely unresponsive. I charged the spare battery he had bought as that one was responsive. I then did all the firmware updates. Result-- camera gives a black screen, gimble doesn't respond correctly to wheel on remote and main battery won't do anything. Contacted dji. Was referred to p2 care plan. Did the survey monkey, started a case and dji sent a pre paid shipping label. Sent it in and called on Friday. I received and offer for a new phantom 3se or start an investigation to determine a voucher value. I called today and they said they couldn't honor the p2 care plan that originated from the class action lawsuit in Pennsylvania. They said in this case it would be sent to higher up support and they would contact me in 24 -48 hours. This is a brand new out of the box -never been flown drone that they are saying they won't stand behind. I'll keep you posted as to how upper support responds....
2018-1-30
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

OMG, good luck, sounds like your in for a big fight
2018-1-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Subscribed.
2018-1-30
Use props
fans7ac2e489
lvl.1
United States

Its a couple years old. I inherited it from my father. He fell ill a week after ordering it. He never even got to check it out. Sat unopened until he passed. I unboxed it last week. It was bought in grand rapids, MI. But still not working out of the box. Dji has it. They know it has never flown and not a single discharge on the battery. Far as I'm concerned its junk out of the box.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sir, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product and customer service, may I have the case number so that I can check more details for better support? Thank you very much.
2018-1-30
Use props
fans7ac2e489
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure what you can do to help me at this point. I was told this morning that it would be reviewed at a higher support level and they would get back to me in 24-48 hours. Then I got a phone call this evening to tell me the same thing. Thought that was odd. But anyway the case is CAS-1419611-B6L2B8. I appreciate any help you might be able to offer.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7ac2e489 Posted at 2018-1-30 19:44
I'm not sure what you can do to help me at this point. I was told this morning that it would be reviewed at a higher support level and they would get back to me in 24-48 hours. Then I got a phone call this evening to tell me the same thing. Thought that was odd. But anyway the case is CAS-1419611-B6L2B8. I appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Thanks for the quick update, if our support team has promised a call back from higher support level, they will keep the promise, I will also keep following up the case, hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2018-1-30
Use props
fans7ac2e489
lvl.1
United States

Good news....Jake from DJI called this evening and offered to replace my ailing phantom 2 v+ with a phamtom 3 se(wasnt sure if it was new or refurbished) at no charge. It will ship out today or tomorrow. Very happy with the outcome. Can't wait to fly it.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans7ac2e489 Posted at 2018-1-31 15:39
Good news....Jake from DJI called this evening and offered to replace my ailing phantom 2 v+ with a phamtom 3 se(wasnt sure if it was new or refurbished) at no charge. It will ship out today or tomorrow. Very happy with the outcome. Can't wait to fly it.

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's glad to hear this. Hope you get the package shortly. Feel free to contact us if there is any further question.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans7ac2e489
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.
2018-2-1
Use props
fans7ac2e489
lvl.1
United States

I was contacted again this morning by Carmela to make sure i didnt have any more questions. Turns out they are sending me a brand new phantom 3se as a replacement for the ailing phantom 2 v+ that I can add a dji care refresh plan to. It's like hitting a reset button and starting over with a new drone. Very impressed with the level of care I received!!
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans7ac2e489 Posted at 2018-2-1 08:34
I was contacted again this morning by Carmela to make sure i didnt have any more questions. Turns out they are sending me a brand new phantom 3se as a replacement for the ailing phantom 2 v+ that I can add a dji care refresh plan to. It's like hitting a reset button and starting over with a new drone. Very impressed with the level of care I received!!

Thank you for your update. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2018-2-2
Use props
fansf6d82079
lvl.1
United States

I too am having an issue with DJI and the P2 care plan. Both of my P2's sat for about a year and of course have the notorious image transmission problem. Both worked perfectly before storage. Both do not show video now. I did the survey, sent them in with the prepaid labels, and now DJI is sending me an invoice to repair both. I've been going back and forth with the DJI rep, but I'm getting nowhere. I've spoken to an attorney that is a family friend and he suggested that I take action, especially where the image transmission is a known problem. Any other suggestions?
2018-8-22
Use props
fans7ac2e489
lvl.1

They should be giving you a new p3se. The problem comes from the wifi board. It has two sides. One for transmitting control and one for video. The video side has an on board battery that once it dies all function and programming for sending video is loss. There has all ready been a class action lawsuit over the p2's. The p2 care plan was a result of that.
2018-8-22
Use props
fansf6d82079
lvl.1
United States

Right. I've done tons of homework on this and have educated myself quite a bit. DJI is refusing to acknowledge this. Where can I find documentation about this to show my rep? They are making it seem like I'm the only person with the issue.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf6d82079 Posted at 2018-8-22 06:23
I too am having an issue with DJI and the P2 care plan. Both of my P2's sat for about a year and of course have the notorious image transmission problem. Both worked perfectly before storage. Both do not show video now. I did the survey, sent them in with the prepaid labels, and now DJI is sending me an invoice to repair both. I've been going back and forth with the DJI rep, but I'm getting nowhere. I've spoken to an attorney that is a family friend and he suggested that I take action, especially where the image transmission is a known problem. Any other suggestions?

Hi there, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, may I have the case number for more details so that we could provide better support? Thank you.
2018-8-23
Use props
djmt99
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-23 00:41
Hi there, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, may I have the case number for more details so that we could provide better support? Thank you.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't logged in before? I'm the one that you replied to. I actually have two IDENTICAL P2's with IDENTICAL problems. Both have separate case numbers. They are:

CAS-2040284-S9W4Z4

CAS-2042405-G1K6K0
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djmt99 Posted at 2018-8-28 09:15
Sorry, I guess I wasn't logged in before? I'm the one that you replied to. I actually have two IDENTICAL P2's with IDENTICAL problems. Both have separate case numbers. They are:

CAS-2040284-S9W4Z4

Hi djmt99, thanks for getting back, upon checking the case details, both these two Phantom 2 vision plus have been out of the warranty period, therefore, you will need to pay for the repair, per the case log, may I know if you would like to use the Care Plan if it is available?
2018-8-28
Use props
djmt99
lvl.1
United States

Of course it's out of warranty. Isn't that what the P2 Care Plan is all about? Fixing the defective problem of a Phantom sitting for extended period of time, after warranty?

Why should I be paying for a repair that is needed because of a DJI flaw? I'm not the only one with this problem. And it's no coincidence that BOTH of my P2's sat and have the *same* *exact* *problem*. This is the issue that has been the topic of many threads here in this forum.
2018-8-29
Use props
djmt99
lvl.1
United States

Also, the Phantom 2 was released in 2013. The P2 Care Plan was established a year ago (Sept 2017), 4 years after the release.
2018-8-29
Use props
djmt99
lvl.1
United States

As a  matter of fact, even the gentleman who started this thread had a P2 that was a few years old, and his unit was replaced through the P2 Care Plan. So warranty is obviously not an issue here.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djmt99 Posted at 2018-8-29 06:41
As a  matter of fact, even the gentleman who started this thread had a P2 that was a few years old, and his unit was replaced through the P2 Care Plan. So warranty is obviously not an issue here.

Hi djmt99, sorry for the troubles. May I have more details of your operation before the issue appears? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-8-30
Use props
djmt99
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-30 04:21
Hi djmt99, sorry for the troubles. May I have more details of your operation before the issue appears? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

There was no operation before the issue, that's the problem. Just like every other P2 with the same symptoms, these two P2's sat, unused, for an extended period of time. For a more specific time frame, I stored the P2's after I received my P4, so it was for well over a year.

The P2's flew and operated fine prior to that.

I'm very disappointed and confused with DJI. Why offer a Care Plan for a known problem, the same exact problem that I and many others have had, if you're not going to honor it? This is a clear case of the image transmission issue that everyone has had. You guys have both of my P2's and you can see that they are in perfect condition. Everything is original. They have never been damaged. Why are you making me jump through hoops to get it fixed or replaced through the careplan?
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djmt99 Posted at 2018-8-30 06:23
There was no operation before the issue, that's the problem. Just like every other P2 with the same symptoms, these two P2's sat, unused, for an extended period of time. For a more specific time frame, I stored the P2's after I received my P4, so it was for well over a year.

The P2's flew and operated fine prior to that.

Hi there, we understand your concern, but our management has made the final decision, you will still need to pay for these two cases, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-8-31
Use props
djmt99
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-31 04:36
Hi there, we understand your concern, but our management has made the final decision, you will still need to pay for these two cases, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please explain how my case is different than the hundreds of others.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djmt99 Posted at 2018-8-31 06:23

Every case will be investigated and evaluated by the designated team. As Mindy mentioned, it is the final decision, hope for your understanding.
2018-9-1
Use props
djmt99
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-1 01:03
Every case will be investigated and evaluated by the designated team. As Mindy mentioned, it is the final decision, hope for your understanding.

I'd still like an explanation as to how my case is different? Why is DJI avoiding the question??
2018-9-4
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

djmt99 Posted at 2018-8-31 06:23

As far as I know, not every case was caused by the update, DJI has their judgment.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djmt99 Posted at 2018-9-4 06:31
I'd still like an explanation as to how my case is different? Why is DJI avoiding the question??

As mentioned above, all info you offered has been reviewed by the team and we're sorry that it is not eligible for the care plan.
2018-9-4
Use props
AJolly
lvl.1

Canada

I just sent my phantom to repair center. My case number is CAS-2763623-M1X2S9 (under P2 care plan)
Is there any specific timeline to get an answer from DJI
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AJolly Posted at 3-6 14:25
I just sent my phantom to repair center. My case number is CAS-2763623-M1X2S9 (under P2 care plan)
Is there any specific timeline to get an answer from DJI

Hi AJolly, upon checking the case, the drone has arrived in the facility but is waiting to be checked in the system, we will send you email notification of each step, appreciate your patience.
2019-3-6
Use props
AJolly
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks for you quick reply Mindy
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AJolly Posted at 3-7 08:44
Thanks for you quick reply Mindy

You are welcome, please keep me updated if you have further concern.
2019-3-7
Use props
AJolly
lvl.1

Canada

Hello Mindy..please check your PM
2019-3-7
Use props
AJolly
lvl.1

Canada

Just wondering if i will be provided with an option of upgrade/voucher/repair..
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AJolly Posted at 3-7 23:29
Just wondering if i will be provided with an option of upgrade/voucher/repair..

I have replied your PM, please check, thank you.
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules