5400 35 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SSFRIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone had this problem i try to take the pano picture and it will take one picture and then time out
it dose it on all 4 of them i did get it to work one time on the 9 shot pano but never worked again.
I just got this 11 days ago and have got about 1 1/2 hrs flying on it. Great little drone.
Ive done the firmware udates 3 time the controller said it has the lates firmware.
Any advice on how to fix this.

Thanks for your time
2018-1-30
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

it may be due to wind, it may be due to not being able locking the camera shutter. was it against the light? was it windy? it happened to me when it was a bit windy outside..
2018-1-30
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-30 11:12
it may be due to wind, it may be due to not being able locking the camera shutter. was it against the light? was it windy? it happened to me when it was a bit windy outside..

not windy 3mph wind, The Spark was very steady and the sun was behind it. What was funny was it worked one time on the 9 pic. pano and would not on the 3 pic pano. what do you mean about locking
the camera shutter?
Thanks for the reply
2018-1-30
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

How about your micro SD card?  Is it a fast card with enough free space on it? Just guessing at this.
2018-1-30
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Romania

when starting taking the pano, Spark is locking the camera shutter speed. and takes all the 9 frames using the same shutter speed. were there any error messages popping up? maybe the flight logs will reveal some details?
2018-1-30
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-30 11:36
when starting taking the pano, Spark is locking the camera shutter speed. and takes all the 9 frames using the same shutter speed. were there any error messages popping up? maybe the flight logs will reveal some details?

i only would get a massage saying pano stopped do to timed out
2018-1-30
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Same exact error i have encountered since they rolled out tiny planet/sphere mode, but i am using ap ver 4.1.15 so could it be related to that? (i'm only using it because i get no video lag with otg)...but it reminded me, same thing happens when i try to make a pano or sphere, i always get the "timed out" error..i will see if i can record my screen while i try it to show exactly, but it's the same as what this guy says is happening to him.
2018-1-30
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Romania

i do not think is related to the app or its features. i noticed this a couple of times as well. but in my opinion is related to the fact that camera cannot lock the shutter speed, or its windy and Spark cannot stand still. but it was working in 99% of the cases.
2018-1-30
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-30 11:35
How about your micro SD card?  Is it a fast card with enough free space on it? Just guessing at this.

I think so it is a Sandisk ultra 64gb XC I  A 1   CIR. 10 in the middle and a U with a 1 in it
not quite the right way to describe a micro SD card. LOL but that's what i see. Card is all most new just very
little on it.
Thanks for your reply

2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-30 12:20
I think so it is a Sandisk ultra 64gb XC I  A 1   CIR. 10 in the middle and a U with a 1 in it
not quite the right way to describe a micro SD card. LOL but that's what i see. Card is all most new just very
little on it.

Sir, where did you fly your spark when you shoot the pano? Please provide a sreenshot with the error message. Please tell me the version of you app and the firmware of your drone. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-30
Use props
Roman NMSK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3353261 ft
Ukraine

If you use the remote control, make sure that the sport mode is turned off before shooting the panorama
2018-1-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

I doubt it is a SD card issue.
The 3x3 Pano, was it taken with a down angle (-°) of the cam?
Because all other Panos are starting on horizontal/upper level
And  taking pictures from on the top angles of the gimbal (+°) was on the one of my sparks often a  'timeout'
Try to do 3x3 again, try them downwards, half, horizontal, upper angle
Working all or non?
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-31 05:27
I doubt it is a SD card issue.
The 3x3 Pano, was it taken with a down angle (-°) of the cam?
Because all other Panos are starting on horizontal/upper level

I will give it a try thanks for the reply, Are you saying to point the camera to the ground
and start the Pano there?
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Roman NMSK Posted at 2018-1-31 05:13
If you use the remote control, make sure that the sport mode is turned off before shooting the panorama

Thanks but it was off
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-30 20:29
Sir, where did you fly your spark when you shoot the pano? Please provide a sreenshot with the error message. Please tell me the version of you app and the firmware of your drone. Thanks for your support.

The APP is 4.2.4 and the firmware on the drone is 01.00.0900 and the controller is 01.00.0400
I don't have a screen shot but it said Pano canceled timed out. It take one picture then time's out.
it was shot in a large open feild.
Thanks  
2018-1-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-31 07:47
I will give it a try thanks for the reply, Are you saying to point the camera to the ground
and start the Pano there?

Yes and no!
The 3x3 Pano is (afaik) the only one that does it down, half down, even up a bit.
Every angle YOU wanna have the camera take the 3x3 picture Pano
All other Panos moving the cam automaticly for the first shot up to minimum horizontally, the 360 starts even in the upper (+ °) cam position.
(Which I find totally unnecessary, btw! Starting in horizontal position would let the auto exposure work much better, let people choose the angle would even work better, again. Come on, it is a Sphere! Can't be so difficult to tell the app, instead from top to -85 ..., start where people wanna start, jump to the top, and go on downwards, do the start picture again, .....)
But the 3x3 is still a Pano. And I think that the upper gimbal positions have somwething to do with it.

Oh: And look at the marker for the position of the cam. Many timeouts, the gimbal tried to get up, so the last two dots (blue, I think) did flicker and followed by 'timeout'
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-31 08:13
Yes and no!
The 3x3 Pano is (afaik) the only one that does it down, half down, even up a bit.
Every angle YOU wanna have the camera take the 3x3 picture Pano

I was seeing the blue dot it would start about 3 from the top and then when i push the start it would
go to the top and stop and the about 3 seconds later i would get the timed out. The one time it did
work the blue dot moved up and down a few times, I'm guesting 3 times because it was a 9 picture
Pano
2018-1-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

What I meant was jumping from the top dot to the one below, to try to get to the top position, but probably could not get/stay there
Whatever reason, it wasn't windy!
Of course, if it works, the dots are showing the position of the cam from top to bottom.
And after thinking it over, isn't only the middle dot blue?
All dots in +/- angles are white?
2018-1-31
Use props
rkwilson72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 892 ft
United States

warubikku Posted at 2018-1-30 12:07
Same exact error i have encountered since they rolled out tiny planet/sphere mode, but i am using ap ver 4.1.15 so could it be related to that? (i'm only using it because i get no video lag with otg)...but it reminded me, same thing happens when i try to make a pano or sphere, i always get the "timed out" error..i will see if i can record my screen while i try it to show exactly, but it's the same as what this guy says is happening to him.

I have 4.1.15 installed on my P2XL and was able to complete the sphere pano of my neighborhood, which was my first pano with my Spark, didn't know how to stitch, so I googled how (but I should also looked at the screen) and it completed the stitch.
Since I don't have any Windows or Macs in the house, I uploaded the sphere picture to Google photos and it completed the sphere for me.
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-31 09:19
What I meant was jumping from the top dot to the one below, to try to get to the top position, but probably could not get/stay there
Whatever reason, it wasn't windy!
Of course, if it works, the dots are showing the position of the cam from top to bottom.

Yes one blue and the rest are white and the blue is the one that moves. It just moves up to the top
dot and stay's there then times out. No not windy at all
2018-1-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-31 09:53
Yes one blue and the rest are white and the blue is the one that moves. It just moves up to the top
dot and stay's there then times out. No not windy at all

I probably need to look at that.
Hey, another reason to fly, 2morrow ;-)
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-31 10:08
I probably need to look at that.
Hey, another reason to fly, 2morrow ;-)

going out this afternoon this is the video of the flight i tried the Pano

2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just would like to thank you all for your help with this problem i found out it was the camera filters causing the problem i removed the filter
and it worked just fine, Still don't know if it is the filters i have or you just cant use filters when doing Pano mode. I always get polar Pro
but this time i went cheap if any one use filters on the Pano mode please let me know.
Thanks Again for all the help
2018-1-31
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Romania

glad you solved it!
in my opinion, when pano is not working, it's about apperture and shutter speed. the camera cannot "lock" due to light. the filters should help and not be a pain. but yeah, Spark is not perfect
i am pretty sure it works with the filter as well.
2018-1-31
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

is pano possible? I have been having problems
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-31 15:41
is pano possible? I have been having problems

I was having problems with i stopping and timing out and i found out it was the filters that
i was using. If you have a filter on take it off and see if it will work. you may have something different.
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-31 15:26
glad you solved it!
in my opinion, when pano is not working, it's about apperture and shutter speed. the camera cannot "lock" due to light. the filters should help and not be a pain. but yeah, Spark is not perfect
i am pretty sure it works with the filter as well.

Thanks again, i need to try it with the polar Pro filters
2018-1-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Does the polar pro blocked the upper position mechanically?
I have not used filters, when I experienced my timeouts.
But will check, if position to the sun may have a reason for it
Only I did just yesterday some test panos with a lot of light, clear sky, no problems at all
In auto mode and, of course, with manual settings, for seeing the ground also.

2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-31 17:09
Does the polar pro blocked the upper position mechanically?
I have not used filters, when I experienced my timeouts.
But will check, if position to the sun may have a reason for it

I tried it again today i did all 4 two times and it said time out every time the i
remove the filter just to see what would happen and it worked every time then
put filter back on and tried and it did not work again. It has to be the filters i got
some cheap filters so that may be my problem.
2018-1-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-31 18:04
I tried it again today i did all 4 two times and it said time out every time the i
put filter back on and tried and it did not work again. It has to be the filters i got

Can you shine a bit light in here?
What filter do you have, please?
Picture possible?

Have you tried it manually, Spark off, to move the gimbal up/down with/without filter?
Is there a difference in movin up with/without your filters?
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-31 18:40
Can you shine a bit light in here?
What filter do you have, please?
Picture possible?

This is the one's i got from Amazon
no picture yet it's to big of a file it said

Powerextra
[UPGRADE] Powerextra 4-Pack DJI Spark HD Lens Filters Kits (UV + CPL + ND8 + ND16 Filter) (Pass Gimbal Calibration)
2018-1-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

By the looks, they remember at some I have seen in a video.
And I think, if you would test that, you'll find out that the filter hits the drone, in case the gimbal moves to the top position.
Good for you, easy solution.
2018-1-31
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-31 22:09
By the looks, they remember at some I have seen in a video.
And I think, if you would test that, you'll find out that the filter hits the drone, in case the gimbal moves to the top position.
Good for you, easy solution.

Thanks for your help
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-1-31 18:04
put filter back on and tried and it did not work again. It has to be the filters i got

Thanks for your update and feedback. If you have other problems, please tell us.
2018-2-6
Use props
Neuve0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76073 ft
Mexico

I've been getting the same messages, and indeed I have a Sunnylife UV filter on. Will try this tomorrow without the filter attached.
Will notify if this works.
2018-12-17
Use props
Kalashmat
lvl.1
Russia

HIgh wind velocity or slow SD card,i think.
2018-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules