An accessory suggestion
653 5 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

with the Osmo 2 likely just around the corner, I’m not sure how interested DJI is in pursuing more accessories for the Osmo 1 series, but there is an accessory that would be useful and I doubt it would take much engineering.

DJI has said, many times, that the reason the regular Osmo series does not have active track is due to processing limitation, but what if an external processor could be added?  Something like the Osmo Pro Adapter, it would mount onto the handle and the Osmo camera would mount on top of that, it’s sole purpose would be to handle the processing for active track.  I would be interested in buying one if the price was around $100 or so.

The only reason the Osmo Mobile can do it is because the smartphone does the processing, this would essentially take the place of the cellphone processor without the latency problem of WiFi.
2018-1-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is not an accessory....
That is a whole new product.
Very unlikely to happen.
Just wait for Osmo 2....
2018-1-31
Use props
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-31 02:30
That is not an accessory....
That is a whole new product.
Very unlikely to happen.

Not a new product, all it would do is unlock one (very useful) feature, it’s useless without an Osmo handle, therefor it is an Osmo accessory.
2018-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

9245 Posted at 2018-1-31 11:30
Not a new product, all it would do is unlock one (very useful) feature, it’s useless without an Osmo handle, therefor it is an Osmo accessory.

I get your point.
Still I give you about 0% chance it will happen.
Too expensive to make and sell.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, your idea will be forwarded, thanks for your support.
2018-2-4
Use props
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-4 22:22
Sir, please note that the gimbal of osmo mobile 2 can not be disassembled. Your idea will be forwarded, thanks for your support.

I think you (horribly) misread that post.

My idea was for an adaptor for the regular Osmo Handle that would fit between the camera and the handle, kind of like the Osmo Pro adaptor, and act as an extra processor which would enable the use of active track.  The regular Osmo series is superior to the Osmo Mobile (both versions) in every way EXCEPT active track, this would fix that.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules