DJI Care Refresh - NOT Honored!
1342 14 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Aders
lvl.1

United States

So I purchased my Mavic Pro and DJI care refresh together on the same day in NYC. I logged the code in the app and was good to go (or so I thought)...

Now that I need to use my DJI care refresh, DJI is saying that my care refresh was never 'bound to my drone'. I have since moved across the country from NYC to LA and don't have the blue card anymore with the 16 digit number.

No support from the retailer or DJI - basically told me I'm f'd.

To add insult to injury, the drone actually flew itself into a tree to cause this whole issue in the first place when it was returning to the original waypoint on its own!

When you buy health/car/home/etc insurance - you don't lose coverage if you lose your card.... So why is the policy I purchased with my drone not honored?!

Seems like a GOTCHA from DJI
2018-1-30
Use props
Aaron Aders
lvl.1

United States

2018-1-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch. One question where you using the go4 app.
2018-1-30
Use props
Aaron Aders
lvl.1

United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-30 13:52
Ouch. One question where you using the go4 app.

I registered with the original DJI Go App but it was so buggy I never really used it
2018-1-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Aaron Aders Posted at 2018-1-30 14:11
I registered with the original DJI Go App but it was so buggy I never really used it

In that case you won't have a flight log on your mobile device that DJI will look at to determine if the crash was caused by a product defect; otherwise you might have been able to get a warranty replacement regardless of your Care Refresh situation. What app, if any, were you using to fly? If it was Litchi then you can retrieve and upload to PhantomHelp the flight log from your mobile device using these instructions, though it won't contain as much information as the log from the Go app would.

Depending upon which version of the firmware you were using it may be possible to extract a different log off the Mavic itself. If you'd like to try then take a look at these instructions for retrieving the DAT file for the flag from the Mavic. If you're able to then you'll need to upload it to DropBox (or a similar service) and provide a link to it in this thread, after which someone can look at it and tell you what caused the crash. The correct file should have a date and time that correspond to when the flight occurred and will be at least tens of megabytes in size, though if you aren't sure which file is the correct one then just include all the latest ones.
2018-1-30
Use props
Aaron Aders
lvl.1

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-30 14:23
In that case you won't have a flight log on your mobile device that DJI will look at to determine if the crash was caused by a product defect; otherwise you might have been able to get a warranty replacement regardless of your Care Refresh situation. What app, if any, were you using to fly? If it was Litchi then you can retrieve and upload to PhantomHelp the flight log from your mobile device using these instructions, though it won't contain as much information as the log from the Go app would.

Depending upon which version of the firmware you were using it may be possible to extract a different log off the Mavic itself. If you'd like to try then take a look at these instructions for retrieving the DAT file for the flag from the Mavic. If you're able to then you'll need to upload it to DropBox (or a similar service) and provide a link to it in this thread, after which someone can look at it and tell you what caused the crash. The correct file should have a date and time that correspond to when the flight occurred and will be at least tens of megabytes in size, though if you aren't sure which file is the correct one then just include all the latest ones.

at the moment I was using the Go 4 app - I also uploaded the data to their servers.

So here was the situation - I was running waypoints and got to the last one. Then I clicked to restart the waypoints and the drone started flying back to the original waypoint and flew straight into a tree. It was weird - actually flew into it pretty slowly, but alas it flew itself into a tree.

Not sure if this qualifies as RTH but thats what happened.
2018-1-30
Use props
Aaron Aders
lvl.1

United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-30 13:52
Ouch. One question where you using the go4 app.

at the moment I was using the Go 4 app - I also uploaded the data to their servers.

So here was the situation - I was running waypoints and got to the last one. Then I clicked to restart the waypoints and the drone started flying back to the original waypoint and flew straight into a tree. It was weird - actually flew into it pretty slowly, but alas it flew itself into a tree.

Not sure if this qualifies as RTH but thats what happened. Do you know if this would be covered?
2018-1-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Aaron Aders Posted at 2018-1-30 14:53

In that case why don't you upload the log to PhantomHelp using the instructions I linked to in my previous post and provide a link to it here? If the log shows that you weren't at fault in the crash then it may help DJI to reconsider your case.
2018-1-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aaron Aders Posted at 2018-1-30 15:50

So here was the situation - I was running waypoints and got to the last one. Then I clicked to restart the waypoints and the drone started flying back to the original waypoint and flew straight into a tree. It was weird - actually flew into it pretty slowly, but alas it flew itself into a tree.

As Droneflying suggested, hard to give an solid opinion without seeing the flight log.
2018-1-30
Use props
Aaron Aders
lvl.1

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-30 15:51
In that case why don't you upload the log to PhantomHelp using the instructions I linked to in my previous post and provide a link to it here? If the log shows that you weren't at fault in the crash then it may help DJI to reconsider your case.

ok awesome thanks! I'll follow your instructions and see what happens
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Aaron, if what you purchased is DJI Care Refresh activation card, you will need to activate and bind it to your aircraft in our website instead of APP: http://store.dji.com/dji_care_infos/active
Your seller should have instructed you how to use the card when you purchased it, did they?
If you believe the accident was not caused by pilot error and the drone is in warranty period, we will have data analysis team to help to find out the reason and we will provide warranty service if the accident was caused by product itself. You can post the case number here, we will help to follow up the case. Thanks.
2018-1-30
Use props
Aaron Aders
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 19:01
Hi Aaron, if what you purchased is DJI Care Refresh activation card, you will need to activate and bind it to your aircraft in our website instead of APP: http://store.dji.com/dji_care_infos/active
Your seller should have instructed you how to use the card when you purchased it, did they?
If you believe the accident was not caused by pilot error and the drone is in warranty period, we will have data analysis team to help to find out the reason and we will provide warranty service if the accident was caused by product itself. You can post the case number here, we will help to follow up the case. Thanks.

please can you look into this? My case id is CAS-1363590-Q3S0R3

as I mentioned above, the drone flew itself straight into a tree when it was returning to the starting waypoint. Please look at the data.

Will you let me know here?
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aaron Aders Posted at 2018-1-30 22:10
please can you look into this? My case id is CAS-1363590-Q3S0R3

as I mentioned above, the drone flew itself straight into a tree when it was returning to the starting waypoint. Please look at the data.

Thanks for the case number, I checked the case, you didn't request data analysis when the case was created and the invoice was sent to you directly after damage assessment, and you have already paid for the invoice. If you still would like the data analysis, I will inform the related team to arrange it for you.
2018-1-30
Use props
Aaron Aders
lvl.1

United States

Yes I would like data analysis and a reimbursement for my repair fees.

What do you need from me?
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aaron Aders Posted at 2018-1-30 23:20
Yes I would like data analysis and a reimbursement for my repair fees.

What do you need from me?

I have forwarded your request to local team for data analysis, we will have someone to contact you if any more info is needed, it may take several business days, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules