2526 22 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Dear DJI Team,
There seems to be very understandable frustration among the Mavic Pro and Platinum users in this forum about the recent flood of threads and posts concerning the Mavic Air (I belong to the latter group ;-). While the excitement about the new Mavic Air is understandable, the support and exchange of information for the well established other Mavic models should not unduly suffer I believe.
Therefore I would like to suggest a redesign of the Mavic forum similar to below modified screenshot. As it is the case for Mavic Air already, a subforum and relating tags for Mavic Pro and Platinum could be created either together or seperately. That should be subject to a vote by Pro/Platinum users. The rest is self-explanatory on below picture I believe.
Proposal DJI Forum for all Mavics.JPG
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job , I’m not to sure if we need a separate one for Platinum as it is basically the same as Pro in almost everything except different motors and battery.
But yes great suggestions.
2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 17:09
Good job , I’m not to sure if we need a separate one for Platinum as it is basically the same as Pro in almost everything except different motors and battery.

Thank you :-)
2018-1-30
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Nah, should fold out like the "more" section, air & pro subchoices.
Should be easier to realize too.
2018-1-30
Use props
BigBird2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, A very good sugestion.
2018-1-30
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Ditto. Hard to find the Pro threads here anymore with all the new Air threads. Should seperate them out.
2018-1-30
Use props
Filip3rd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39390 ft
Iran

It’s pretty logical and I agree. Thanks for being the front-man on this.
2018-1-30
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Yes, I agree. Some days back I suggest some similar https://forum.dji.com/thread-131081-1-1.html
I like a Mavic Pro topic!
2018-1-30
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Won't happen. It didn't happen for the different Phantoms so there's no reason it will happen now
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your suggestion, I would forward to the relative team and see if they will take it into consideration.
2018-1-30
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-30 19:07
Won't happen. It didn't happen for the different Phantoms so there's no reason it will happen now

ummm what???

also I agree. tired of having to search through all the same exact Air threads to find anything for the Pro
2018-1-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for this!
2018-1-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-30 19:21
Thank you for your suggestion, I would forward to the relative team and see if they will take it into consideration.

Thank you very much Thor!
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-30 17:09
Good job , I’m not to sure if we need a separate one for Platinum as it is basically the same as Pro in almost everything except different motors and battery.

Same battery and motors LOL - just upgraded FOC ESC's but that makes a big difference.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Like the idea of sub sections too
2018-1-31
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>

I think this is a good summary from Wachtberger about why some reoganization is beneficial. However, I am not completely sure the suggested modifications would have the desired effect. Many threads for both models will be categorized under "Hardware Support" or "Accessories", and these type of subjects are the ones that will have the most benefit from being separated, since the Pro and the Air have virtually nothing in common physically (except the camera). Physically the Air is just as different from the M Pro as the Spark is different from the M Pro.
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JensIR Posted at 2018-1-31 03:08
I think this is a good summary from Wachtberger about why some reoganization is beneficial. However, I am not completely sure the suggested modifications would have the desired effect. Many threads for both models will be categorized under "Hardware Support" or "Accessories", and these type of subjects are the ones that will have the most benefit from being separated, since the Pro and the Air have virtually nothing in common physically (except the camera). Physically the Air is just as different from the M Pro as the Spark is different from the M Pro.

Hardware they both use props, IMU , compass, ESC’s, magnetometers, gyros, cpu, sensors, gps, brushless motors, X copters, FET, RC, batteries, Accelerometers, PMU, VPS, Barometers, datalinks, 3axis gimbal, etc etc.

As you will see from above both aircraft have much in common, almost all of above do the same job in all dji drones, so much can be learned from both sets of users, just like happens over on the phantom forum where it is shared by almost 10 different aircraft.

I believe that we should share this forum and I believe that sub sections where needed should be implemented.
I also believe that discussion and general and video/photo would be a great place to share knowledge and camaraderie between Mavic owners.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i agree - thanks for heading this up - an improved structure would be better for everyone with no losers
2018-2-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 11:59
Hardware they both use props, IMU , compass, ESC’s, magnetometers, gyros, cpu, sensors, gps, brushless motors, X copters, FET, RC, batteries, Accelerometers, PMU, VPS, Barometers, datalinks, 3axis gimbal, etc etc.

As you will see from above both aircraft have much in common, almost all of above do the same job in all dji drones, so much can be learned from both sets of users, just like happens over on the phantom forum where it is shared by almost 10 different aircraft.
Fully agree with you!
"Knowledge can only grow when it is shared"
2018-2-1
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I already dropped out of the Facebook forums because it was overflowing my feed.  And everything was Air posts.  I have NO idea how I got into either of those forums.  I sure didn't ask..
2018-2-1
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 11:59

As you will see from above both aircraft have much in common, almost all of above do the same job in all dji drones, so much can be learned from both sets of users, just like happens over on the phantom forum where it is shared by almost 10 different aircraft.

Then we seem to disagree, even if I do understand your point, in particular about sharing of common information. But as for hardware, they are just about as different as the Mavic Pro is from the Spark, so most hardware issues would be specific to one or the other and mostly not relevant for the owner of the other type.
Anyway, this is all a minor thing, it is probably a waste of time arguing over this. I can live with the current way, no problem at all if that is the way it will be.  
2018-2-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JensIR Posted at 2018-2-2 03:12
Then we seem to disagree, even if I do understand your point, in particular about sharing of common information. But as for hardware, they are just about as different as the Mavic Pro is from the Spark, so most hardware issues would be specific to one or the other and mostly not relevant for the owner of the other type.
Anyway, this is all a minor thing, it is probably a waste of time arguing over this. I can live with the current way, no problem at all if that is the way it will be.

Yes the hardware is different but works the same, ie IMU compass, so questions regarding these will not likely be about the size of them, I think you will see already in this column that many Mavic users are already giving Help and advice to new users this is what my point is about, I do agree that hardware for each aircraft can be put in separate columns as well as gimbal and Camera, so we are closer together than we think we are.
Good luck.
2018-2-2
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great idea.  I have both but would like to access the forums separately.
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules