Video Playback in Windows
10467 4 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

I"ve been using VLC media player to play my Spark videos but now when I use it to play a 4k video from my Mavic Air it turns all green and distorted. It plays fine in Windows Media Player, but I'm not really a fan of that player. I tried playing with the VLC settings but nothing really helped. What player do you guys use? Or do you have a VLC setting that works for you?
2018-1-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mark. I use VLC for playing audio, but I've had a similar lack of success with 4k video so don't use it for that. If you have Win 10 then the standard Film&TV player works well with 4K - that's what I use. Windows Media Player is legacy now.
2018-1-30
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Open up VLC media player. click on tools up the top and then preferences then Input/codecs then up the top you will see hardware acclerated decoding..make sure that is disabled. Then scroll down to x264 preset and tuning selection ..open up the dropdown box and at the bottom click on placebo and then down the bottom click SAVE and you should be all good..Open up your 4k video again with VLC and see how it goes.!!
2018-1-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-1-30 17:34
Open up VLC media player. click on tools up the top and then preferences then Input/codecs then up the top you will see hardware acclerated decoding..make sure that is disabled. Then scroll down to x264 preset and tuning selection ..open up the dropdown box and at the bottom click on placebo and then down the bottom click SAVE and you should be all good..Open up your 4k video again with VLC and see how it goes.!!

Hey, thanks. Tried that and it worked! Now I have two apps which can playback 4K - decisions, decisions...
2018-1-30
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-1-30 17:34
Open up VLC media player. click on tools up the top and then preferences then Input/codecs then up the top you will see hardware acclerated decoding..make sure that is disabled. Then scroll down to x264 preset and tuning selection ..open up the dropdown box and at the bottom click on placebo and then down the bottom click SAVE and you should be all good..Open up your 4k video again with VLC and see how it goes.!!

Hi Dingo,

Wow that worked nicely, thank you so much!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules