Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying in Canada?
1218 6 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peselito
lvl.3
United States

Hey there.

I am going to Canada this year, more specific to the Niagara Falls, and wanted to know if anyone is familiar with the drone regulations up there? I do not necessarily need to fly at the NF (I think it is not allowed anyways), but am cudious about the general laws for drones. Registration, license etc.

I would be glad about some tips ans info.

regards,
peselito
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, you can enter our website and check the local regulations. Here is the link for your reference: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-30
Use props
BeastMaster_101
First Officer
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

All you need to know for drones less than 1kg is:
-Not fly it above 90 meters
-Have a 30 meter distance from people, vehicles, building
-dont go more than 500 meters away from yourself
-have VLOS
-CAN NOT cross borders
-be further than 5.5km from airports
-have your contact info on the unit (name, phone #, address) altho you dont have address and I never put my address on my spark, just name and phone #
-dont fly at night or in clouds

What I would recommend you do is ask if Niagara falls is a "NO FLY ZONE" just in case.
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilav ... safely-legally.html

Cheers!

EDIT:
okay, throw everything I said to the garbage. Here is what I got from Niagara Parks's own website
https://www.niagaraparks.com/media-room/uav-drone-use-in-niagara-parks/

I would ask for permission and see if I can fly
2018-1-30
Use props
sSkyPilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hi, I can help ya with that... I live about 15 miles from the Falls. Very high rated site to get drone footage. Don't try it! Park patrol and feds will be all over you. Don't ask me how. The area is also a major border crossing. It's also illegal to fly a drone in this state park area. As is true anywhere up or down  the Niagara river from Buffalo to Youngstown. All historically rich sites that draw us droner's. Best chance is very remote, no one around, not near anything..... fast recon flight, up/down....thats it. Be Carefull.... they'll take your toy for sure and fine ya.  Peace.
2018-1-30
Use props
sSkyPilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Also, There's many spots to stop along the road from NF to Niagara-on the-Lake Ont. Ca for a quick up/down video of the river and the U.S, side. The really main attraction for me is Fort Niagara, where the Niagara river empties into lake Ontario... Ive been thinking of a fishing boat charter to take out to me out and get those shots...
2018-1-30
Use props
Shade220
lvl.4
Canada

sSkyPilot Posted at 2018-1-30 20:04
Hi, I can help ya with that... I live about 15 miles from the Falls. Very high rated site to get drone footage. Don't try it! Park patrol and feds will be all over you. Don't ask me how. The area is also a major border crossing. It's also illegal to fly a drone in this state park area. As is true anywhere up or down  the Niagara river from Buffalo to Youngstown. All historically rich sites that draw us droner's. Best chance is very remote, no one around, not near anything..... fast recon flight, up/down....thats it. Be Carefull.... they'll take your toy for sure and fine ya.  Peace.

Would agree with this.  Don't do it.  Niagara Falls area is an always busy tourist attraction, border crossing area, and there are  helicopters flying around with tourists.  The cops will appear like magic.

For drone flying generally, you want to be discreet, away from buildings and people.  There are other parks away from the border along the Niagara escarpment with water falls and sights to see.  Don't know the rules, but would better chance it in these parks.

https://www.day-trips.ca/content/websters-falls

Would want to be aware of winds and updrafts anywhere along the escarpment.
2018-1-31
Use props
peselito
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for all the replies. I will stay on the ground and shoot some cinematic footage with my handheld gimbal instead ;)

regards,
peselito
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules