Unwanted DJI advertising in my video and pic gallery
2024 11 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1b686f94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467648 ft
Canada

They keep stuffing their advertising in there. Now they are stuffing my gallery with video. Has gotten so bad that i could not record drone footage cause my memory was full of their crap. How do you stop this?
I have asked them for help but they wont.
Total invasion.
2018-1-30
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

it happens everytime you update the app. just delete it after each update and youll be fine
2018-1-30
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-30 17:33
it happens everytime you update the app. just delete it after each update and youll be fine

I still get all that everytime I use the App. Maybe if I sign out of DJI in the App could stop it !!
2018-1-30
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-1-30 17:38
I still get all that everytime I use the App. Maybe if I sign out of DJI in the App could stop it !!

odd on my androids I only get it after an app update. delete it and its gone untill the next time
2018-1-30
Use props
fans1b686f94
lvl.2
Canada

I guess we have only one option Litchi
2018-1-30
Use props
fans1b686f94
lvl.2
Canada

It's not like any of us need to be told about the Spark or Air.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi  there, just to verify, do you mean that the advertisement fulfills in your local album or it pops up on the DJI GO 4 app when you go to the editor? In my app, it only pops up when I launch the app, so I would like to have the details and see if I can help. Sorry for the disturbing.
2018-1-30
Use props
fans1b686f94
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-30 18:46
Hi  there, just to verify, do you mean that the advertisement fulfills in your local album or it pops up on the DJI GO 4 app when you go to the editor? In my app, it only pops up when I launch the app, so I would like to have the details and see if I can help. Sorry for the disturbing.

It actually puts DJI advertising pics and video in my photo albums and video files on my phone. A huge invasion of privacy. Violation of my storage privacy. Been doing it for the past year but with the introduction of the Air, it has gotten way worse.  I found at least 20 pics and videos that were not there yesterday. Could not record video from my flight today because the phone memore was full of advertising.  Can't imagine the mobile bandwidth this is costing me as well.  Will have to pony up the $30 for Litchi.
2018-1-30
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Put a fake file called .nomedia in the album apparently stops it?
From another thread:
On Android, DJI App is not configured properly as it has to have ".nomedia" file in each folder of the app that contain pictures otherwise Android adds those images to the user Gallery app.
2018-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another reason to use iOS
2018-1-30
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

"Dear dji.

If you want to advertise in my video and pic gallery (that I own) the rate is $10 US per advertisement.
By placing such advertisements onto my device dji agree that this is a fair and reasonable request and agree to these terms".

When I bought a new car a few years ago the dealer asked why I was about to peel his dealer sticker off the rear windows?
I said, if you want to advertise on my vehicle it shall cost you $10 per week. He knocked another $400 off the list price if I left the sticker on.

* hex *
2018-1-30
Use props
Quantum_Star
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9150 ft

Argentina

I agree, I'm really annoyed by this as well. Very Spammy, and something I feel only a second-rate Chinese company would do. Come on DJi, you're better than this.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules