Cendence beep-beep-beep-beep-beep ... SOLVED!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

In the name of Buddha, can anyone tell me how to kill this beepping???!!! All of the sudden - during linking procedure - Cendence started to beep endlessly, reporting System Error ... Interestingly enough, linking with Matrice 200 ended with success, the bird appears fully controllable,  but error message and beeping remains. Moreover, Cendence reports NO CONNECTION warning on it's small LCD and beeps immediately after powering up. Connection with what, since the bird is not powered yet?! Once this happen, NO CONNECTION warning changes to System Error warning, while beeping is driving everybody around crazy ...

EDIT: after 3 days of frantic attempts the problem was revealed and solved once I replaced CrystalSky monitor with my beloved and venerable iPad Air2 ... Apparently Android version of Go 4 app wasn't aware of Cendence's smart battery malfunctioning ...

2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Matthew, did you try to calibrate the Cendence in RC Settings to see if the beeping sound will disappear? No Connection means the Cendence didn't connect to the aircraft, this is normal.
2018-1-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-31 02:52
Hi Matthew, did you try to calibrate the Cendence in RC Settings to see if the beeping sound will disappear? No Connection means the Cendence didn't connect to the aircraft, this is normal.

No, Mindy, please read my post again: Cendence IS CONNECTED to the aircraft (M200) and the aircraft is FULLY CONTROLLABLE. The warning NO CONNECTION is appearing on small LCD screen of Cendence immediately after powering the RC and before powering the aircraft ... And this is not normal.
Edit: problem solved, please see my post.
2018-1-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew

I read your post and the only thing I could suggest is to calibrate the remote. The Beeping is sometimes caused by one of the sticks off center,....  
So, make sure you move both pitch and yaw dials too. The App will not give you any feedback on the yaw dial but you need to do it too.

Also, spin your focus knob, (not sure this really helps) but I have heard it needs to be calibrated too

Edit:  Also, try rebinding the remote to the aircraft....

All the best

Rich
2018-1-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew
More thoughts on this issue. Try refreshing the FW on the Cendence.  without the aircraft connected. use this video as reference
Rich
2018-1-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-31 14:55
Matthew

I read your post and the only thing I could suggest is to calibrate the remote. The Beeping is sometimes caused by one of the sticks off center,....  

Rich, problem solved! Please see the vid in my edited post ...

Once again the Android OS (CrystalSky) proved to be of substandard value for this application. Go 4 app didn't revealed communication issues between Cendence and it's faulty smart battery, while Apple version did.

Once again we have proved our value as a DJI guinea pigs ...

Cheers, Brother Rich ...
2018-1-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-31 20:58
Rich, problem solved! Please see the vid in my edited post ...

Once again the Android OS (CrystalSky) proved to be of substandard value for this application. Go 4 app didn't revealed communication issues between Cendence and it's faulty smart battery, while Apple version did.

Thank you for following up with the answer and your findings. This is was totally unexpected... I am assuming this was a brand new Cendence battery.  Happy you were able to figure this one out.  Didn't see this one coming at all.

Lots of differences between Android and Apple software

Enjoy your new Matrice

Rich
2018-1-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-31 21:20
Thank you for following up with the answer and your findings. This is was totally unexpected... I am assuming this was a brand new Cendence battery.  Happy you were able to figure this one out.  Didn't see this one coming at all.

Lots of differences between Android and Apple software

Ha ha ha, there's nothing to enjoy with my Matrice, aside staring at her ... no boner though ... The bird is grounded due to evident compass error, waiting for FW update "coming soon" ... How typical ...
2018-1-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-31 21:32
Ha ha ha, there's nothing to enjoy with my Matrice, aside staring at her ... no boner though  ... The bird is grounded due to evident compass error, waiting for FW update "coming soon" ... How typical ...

Matthew
Sorry to hear this.... I had no idea you were experiencing some problems. Never had that happen before

Keep us posted and hope you get this sorted out very soon
Rich
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-31 12:01
No, Mindy, please read my post again: Cendence IS CONNECTED to the aircraft (M200) and the aircraft is FULLY CONTROLLABLE. The warning NO CONNECTION is appearing on small LCD screen of Cendence immediately after powering the RC and before powering the aircraft ... And this is not normal.
Edit: problem solved, please see my post.

Sorry for my misunderstanding, that was a good finding and glad to know the issue got sorted out, for the corrupted battery, please contact our support to start a ticket and send in for further assistance, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-2-2
Use props
djaunay.hotmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189072 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy (ALL) - my employer has several M201 units. Someone took the condense controller home and paired with I2 before there was a chance to bind with M210. I have followed procedure to bind with no success as the (I think) controller enters camera settings for the I2 despite the fact I have the m210 on. There seems little information on how to bind multiple aircraft with the cendence despite having the ability unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Any assistance is much appreciated.
2018-2-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

djaunay.hotmail Posted at 2018-2-16 16:43
DJI Mindy (ALL) - my employer has several M201 units. Someone took the condense controller home and paired with I2 before there was a chance to bind with M210. I have followed procedure to bind with no success as the (I think) controller enters camera settings for the I2 despite the fact I have the m210 on. There seems little information on how to bind multiple aircraft with the cendence despite having the ability unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Any assistance is much appreciated.

You can not link a single RC with multiple aircrafts simultaneously. Cendence - as for now - can be linked either with Inspire 2 or M200 series crafts only. At this moment your Cendence will try to connect with Inspire 2 because it's set to do just that. Let it keep trying, power Matrice up, go to camera view (blank of course) and from there link the Cendence with Matrice. Once you perform confirmed linking, reboot the system and Matrice image should pop-up automatically with Go Fly invitation.
2018-2-16
Use props
iFly0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194370 ft

Hi there,

I just experience the exact same horrendous BEEPING on my brand new Cendence and brand new Crystalsky Ultrabright (that I had to return immediately after buying because the upper righthand quarter of the display was dark) in combination with brand new Inspire 2.
Exact same system error on display RC but fully able to connect to Inpsire and that terrible beeping.

Searched the whole Cendence manual but no reference to any beeping altoghether. This really is below par #$%^&*!

After reading this thread replaced the battery with one from the Crystalsky and the problem seems to have gone. Changing back to the battery that came with the Cendence and all hell broke loose again.

So far DJI scored  -/- 2

Regards from yet another guinnea pig
2018-3-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

iFly0 Posted at 2018-3-30 04:00
Hi there,

I just experience the exact same horrendous BEEPING on my brand new Cendence and brand new Crystalsky Ultrabright (that I had to return immediately after buying because the upper righthand quarter of the display was dark) in combination with brand new Inspire 2.

Well, at least your problem is solved! My finding didn't get wasted, that's what we're here for ...
2018-3-30
Use props
fans55ecd497
lvl.1
Flight distance : 743317 ft
United States

I just updated the firmware that was released on 4/18/18 last Thursday night (4/19/18) on inspire 2, cendence, crystal sky, standard controller and iPad and had a number of issues.  First were many messages about incompatible versions, despite installing the exact versions that were asked for (aside from a number of failed updates).  The standard controller, which I had set up as the slave (with ipad) for dual op continued to fail all update attempts until I decided to call it master controller, re pair with inspire, then after the update switch back to slave mode again and that seemed to please the status aware controller and the update finally took.  Over the next week though I kept on getting incompatible version messages, kept updating, and all the while also running into the beep beep beep... problem about 50% of the time on startup.  My startup order: 1. power on cendence/crystal sky combo via the one button on the cendence. 2. Choose dji go start once option (I have Litchi installed on the cendence as well).  Let the controller/app check compatibility, then 3. Power on the inspire 2.

But, again, half the time I get the constant beeping error right at power up (which is now my clue to restart everything) and the message about not being connected, and if it makes it through to powering up the inspire, because sometimes the beeping stops, I most of the time have the “abnormal” message in the status window, so I start over.  
2018-4-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

fans55ecd497 Posted at 2018-4-25 11:20
I just updated the firmware that was released on 4/18/18 last Thursday night (4/19/18) on inspire 2, cendence, crystal sky, standard controller and iPad and had a number of issues.  First were many messages about incompatible versions, despite installing the exact versions that were asked for (aside from a number of failed updates).  The standard controller, which I had set up as the slave (with ipad) for dual op continued to fail all update attempts until I decided to call it master controller, re pair with inspire, then after the update switch back to slave mode again and that seemed to please the status aware controller and the update finally took.  Over the next week though I kept on getting incompatible version messages, kept updating, and all the while also running into the beep beep beep... problem about 50% of the time on startup.  My startup order: 1. power on cendence/crystal sky combo via the one button on the cendence. 2. Choose dji go start once option (I have Litchi installed on the cendence as well).  Let the controller/app check compatibility, then 3. Power on the inspire 2.

But, again, half the time I get the constant beeping error right at power up (which is now my clue to restart everything) and the message about not being connected, and if it makes it through to powering up the inspire, because sometimes the beeping stops, I most of the time have the “abnormal” message in the status window, so I start over.

Did you updated all drone batteries FW as well? That's is one of the reasons for compatibility warnings. If so, do it with Assistant program for every set of neglected batts. With Cendence beeping ... try to swap batteries to see if the error issue is persistent. And yes, sometimes the connection is not estalished, requiring another attempt ...
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules