Dji Go 4 4.2.4 Android issues
2862 10 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans13bcaa83
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Firstly thanks for all users for existing posts as they have been more useful than anything provided by DJI material in my troubleshooting as a new user, much appreciated. I’m a new Spark owner and have got to grips with operation of the drone and app but am frustrated by how inconsistent the Go 4 App is between different devices and operating systems. It’s clear that DJI treat a android users as second rate customers (wish I’d know that before my purchase) what with updates always going to IOS first....and usually with better functionality (the infamous OTG etc) but I’m seeking some help with two issues:

1 - I mainly use a spare sim free Xperia Z5 as my mobile device and always fly with the phone connected by WiFi to the RC (gesture mode is just too glitchy). I’ve noticed since the latest app update that my device no longer audibly notifies me of the home point being set as it used to. If I set it via aircraft location the green lights flash quickly so I guess it’s done but I have little confidence as no home point marker appears on the flight progress bar. If I set by RC location a message appears that  GPS signal is insufficient on my mobile device. This is despite a) system tests on my mobile confirming that gps is working just fine (working fine with google/OS maps) and b) the Spark and RC displaying upwards of 10 satellites. When using my iPad Pro (WiFi only, not cellular) the home point audio notifications work just fine and home point appears clearly in the flight progress bar and map despite it too having no sim capability. What’s going on here?

2 - Offline maps seem to have disappeared from the latest version of the Go 4 app 4.2.4 so when flying with my Xperia Z5 not only do I have no confirmation for aircraft home point or ability to set RC home point but even if i did, I have no maps to use as visual reference. The phone has relavant maps downloaded for offline use with Google maps but the app doesn’t want to access them and the entire option in the menu has disappeared.

I’d be tempted to downgrade to an earlier app version but we all know that doing so (and later suffering any fault whatsoever) would be met by DJI saying that not having the latest versions was to blame thereby voiding any warranty or replacement claim under Care Refresh.

If DJI do want to throw their hat in the ring on this one it would be welcome but reading through most threads I won’t be surprised if this just becomes another thread with noting but questions from users below...
Regards,
John.
2018-1-31
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So I am not alone after downloading the Go 4 App for new mavic air and updating Go 4 for Phantom 3 se and Inspire 1 pro's..... No GPS, weak or no wifi signal all as stated by the OP

Net result all aircraft grounded, no confidence in flying

Over to you DJI

2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the APP issue. For the Xperia Z5, it has not been fully tested and I'm afraid that the performance can not be ensured, please kindly understand. I'll attach the recommended list for your reference.
Regarding the offline map, it has been removed in the current app. Our engineers are working on this and will add it in the newer version. At this moment, I'd suggest to zoom in and zoom out to cache the map.
Recommended Mobile Device.png
2018-1-31
Use props
fans13bcaa83
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RE: Dji Go 4 4.2.4 Android issues

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-31 19:33
Hi there, I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the APP issue. For the Xperia Z5, it has not been fully tested and I'm afraid that the performance can not be ensured, please kindly understand. I'll attach the recommended list for your reference.
Regarding the offline map, it has been removed in the current app. Our engineers are working on this and will add it in the newer version. At this moment, I'd suggest to zoom in and zoom out to cache the map.

Hi DJI Susan,

Thanks for replying, at least I have a point of contact and begun a dialogue with DJI on this. Can I ask why in the supported devices list it is stated that an android software version of a certain level is required if in reality a customer can have far beyond that capability in a mainstream brand of device such as Sony yet DJI seem content to then concede that it actually doesn’t matter? On the one hand you’re advertising a required specification and suggesting that anything above that will be sufficient but on the other you are  stating that in order to fly DJI products a customer must purchase not just the drone but also a new mobile device from your ‘tested’ list. Sony isn’t the only mainstream brand missing from your list either so I find it incredulous that an apparently market leading manufacturer such as DJI does not bother to test its products compatibility and suitability with other mainstream manufacturers! Interesting also that even users with approved devices are having issues.

Regards your suggestion with zooming in and out on the cach  map, please expand. I do not have any map displayed within the DJI Go 4 app, no menu option to rectify this and therefore have nothing to zoom in or out of. What do you mean?

M2Wair you are certainly not alone on this. I’m amazed that a company with such a position in the market pays such little attention to compatibility and testing. They’re treading dangerously close to misleading customers at point of sale and I hope they ‘kindly understand’ that we expect to receive the functionality that we’ve paid for.

Regards,

John.
2018-1-31
Use props
SparkArg
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-31 19:33
Regarding the offline map, it has been removed in the current app. Our engineers are working on this and will add it in the newer version. At this moment, I'd suggest to zoom in and zoom out to cache the map.

Hi susan   ANd  our Huawei 9lite ??? Android 6.0 Marshmallow bajo EMUI 4.1   We can use whitout problems ? Thanks Oski
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans13bcaa83 Posted at 2018-1-31 20:13
Hi DJI Susan,

Thanks for replying, at least I have a point of contact and begun a dialogue with DJI on this. Can I ask why in the supported devices list it is stated that an android software version of a certain level is required if in reality a customer can have far beyond that capability in a mainstream brand of device such as Sony yet DJI seem content to then concede that it actually doesn’t matter? On the one hand you’re advertising a required specification and suggesting that anything above that will be sufficient but on the other you are  stating that in order to fly DJI products a customer must purchase not just the drone but also a new mobile device from your ‘tested’ list. Sony isn’t the only mainstream brand missing from your list either so I find it incredulous that an apparently market leading manufacturer such as DJI does not bother to test its products compatibility and suitability with other mainstream manufacturers! Interesting also that even users with approved devices are having issues.

John, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. As I mentioned, the stability cannot be ensured for the mobile devices which are not on the recommended list. Our engineers are still working on this and more mobile devices will be added as the testing continues.

For the map, after entering devices, please click the map on the left bottom corner and enter the map page. Make sure the mobile device is connected to the Internet, then zoom in and zoom out to cache the place where you want to go.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SparkArg Posted at 2018-2-1 05:55
Hi susan   ANd  our Huawei 9lite ??? Android 6.0 Marshmallow bajo EMUI 4.1   We can use whitout problems ? Thanks Oski

Please check my reply in 6# for reference, thanks!
2018-2-5
Use props
fans13bcaa83
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 01:43
John, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. As I mentioned, the stability cannot be ensured for the mobile devices which are not on the recommended list. Our engineers are still working on this and more mobile devices will be added as the testing continues.

For the map, after entering devices, please click the map on the left bottom corner and enter the map page. Make sure the mobile device is connected to the Internet, then zoom in and zoom out to cache the place where you want to go.

Thanks for that DJI Susan.

A quick update for everyone else. Having updated to DJI Go 4 version 4.2.6 today things seem to be back to normal regards home point setting. Now it works on the Xperia Z5 wether using the RC or aircraft as home point initiator and the audible notification is back along with the home point marker on the map (which now suddenly works too thankfully).  Hopefully that will all show clearly on the flight progress bar now as well but not flying weather today.....
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans13bcaa83 Posted at 2018-2-8 03:48
Thanks for that DJI Susan.

A quick update for everyone else. Having updated to DJI Go 4 version 4.2.6 today things seem to be back to normal regards home point setting. Now it works on the Xperia Z5 wether using the RC or aircraft as home point initiator and the audible notification is back along with the home point marker on the map (which now suddenly works too thankfully).  Hopefully that will all show clearly on the flight progress bar now as well but not flying weather today.....

Good to hear, and hope your phone can work with DJI GO 4 smoothly.
2018-2-8
Use props
Arkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39626 ft

Belgium

Hello all!

Offline maps are working perfectly... The only thing is that it seems that DJI Go changed sources of the maps. Now, it uses Google Maps.

It means that you just have to go in Google Map and set the areas you want to keep offline.
It will be used automatically by DJI Go 4 ;-)

I'm very surprised that DJI employees don't seem to know that...

Have fun!
2018-2-17
Use props
El Nino Perdido
lvl.1
United States

HELP!

I'm having problems geting the MA video on the tablet. The App works fine otherwise and I do have video if I put my phone on. the controller.

Thanks in avance.

El Nino Perdido

2019-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules