Disconnect, crash , & poor customer service
686 3 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kpsquared
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3156 ft
United States

Sorry in advance for this lengthy post. I was hoping that my first forum post would be words of excitement about my new Mavic (bought in December), however, I've had nothing by disconnects, random hoovers, and finally a full crash into a gazebo as a result of constant disconnects! I've read so many others who have had this issue.

I was flying my Mavic Pro (using a Note8) above our home to capture images of a recent snow here in Charlotte. (It was beautiful by the way.) I flew it around, within my line of sight, about 350 ft up, and not even a quarter of an acre away. When I brought it in to land it, it hovered about 3ft above the ground but would not go down. Hear a sound, look at the controller and boom it had disconnected. The drone tries to ascend but if it would have, it would have gone right into the edge of a gazebo. Sure enough, that's what happened. It starting flying rapidly forward and up and boom. Destruction. I had only used it for about 20 days, and maybe four flights.

This was not the first time in disconnected. Four days after purchase, it disconnected and reconnected about 6 times in a row while at my parents' home for Christmas. It is a wide-open, rural space. It ended up hovering above their roof for about two or three minutes before it actually connected long enough for me to land it.

Again, it disconnected from my iPhone X when I went to do a firmware update. This instance was about 2 weeks later.

I sent it off to DJI (didn't have Care Refresh on it), and of course, I got it back with an astronomical amount of work that needs to be done. The only thing that I saw damaged was the gimbal. The other parts worked including the motors and core board. the gimbal began smoking after turning it on the day after and gave the alert of "Gimbal Overload" which I've read about as well now.

DJI stated that 1. it had stable GPS connection, but then 2. something was blocking it from landing like a 3rd party accessory. I had nothing there to block it but the ground!!!!!

They just called yesterday and submitted it for a dispute, but that if after this dispute, whatever the invoice people is going to be what it is. I've never heard of this. For all that I know, they could just say that to make me feel like they're actually doing something. Like there is truly hope that they will see the drone kept disconnecting which is what caused it to go into RTH and then hit a building. It should have landed right where it was considering that is where it took off from.

Do any of you know of anything or could possibly provide any help?
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi kpsquared, We`re very sorry for that unpleasant experience with your Mavic. Rest assured that we will be doing our best to get your case sorted as soon as possible. Could you please provide to me your case number, and we will follow up the dispute and forward it to the right department. Thank you.
2018-1-31
Use props
kpsquared
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3156 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-1-31 09:49
Hi kpsquared, We`re very sorry for that unpleasant experience with your Mavic. Rest assured that we will be doing our best to get your case sorted as soon as possible. Could you please provide to me your case number, and we will follow up the dispute and forward it to the right department. Thank you.

I have sent you the case number via PM
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kpsquared Posted at 2018-2-2 22:26
I have sent you the case number via PM

Sorry for the late response, your concern has been escalated to repair team to evaluate again, the update was delayed because of the weekend, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules