Fly More Combo
3692 23 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CLord03
New

United States

Is it better to get the fly more combo when buying the Mavic Air? Is there a big difference or is it extra batteries.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

yes, get it. There seems to be a shortage on extra batteries also. So the combo kit is your best bet for extra batteries.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would you feel flying for around 50 odd minutes to be better than less than 20 minutes? If so then dig a little deeper and get the combo.
2018-1-31
Use props
fansa6b0fb5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55164 ft
United States

I went with the FM initially, then contacted DJI to cancel. I feel like the regular set is just as good this time around, even has things I did not expect.

For example, extra controller sticks, 1 extra set of props, even prop guards.

I'll buy 2 extra batteries for $150 (discount through BM stores) and get DJI care for the $200. When I bought the FM combo for my mavic I never used anything else except the batteries and the battery hub, however I can live with charging 1 battery at a time.

For me it's not worth it. The best thing about the MA is the portability - I don't need a giant bag to carry it in and all that other extras. Just drone + batteries for me.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa6b0fb5c Posted at 2018-1-31 07:33
I went with the FM initially, then contacted DJI to cancel. I feel like the regular set is just as good this time around, even has things I did not expect.

For example, extra controller sticks, 1 extra set of props, even prop guards.

But the issue is that there are no batteries to add to the one you will get... and it is not a long flight time and when you add up the cost of buying the items separately it projects a big saving. If you only want say two batteries then fair enough but if you intend to buy another 2 then you are better off getting the combo - for the batteries, hub and a proper bag to protect it all on your travels.
2018-1-31
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The Fly More Combo is definitely the better choice. You get  more of a few things, most importantly the extra batteries and the charging hub. In addition you save money.
2018-1-31
Use props
E3M6N3S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121713 ft
United States

Depends on what you need and budget. Compare the difference and decide for yourself.
2018-1-31
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'd just go for standard and an extra battery.
2018-1-31
Use props
fansa6b0fb5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55164 ft
United States

Drone-Mike Posted at 2018-1-31 08:40
I'd just go for standard and an extra battery.

Actually same, i'll just go with 1 battery.

For my Spark I needed 3 total but 21 min isn't too bad so 2 should work fine for MA.

3 for my mavic is overkill. Most of the time I don't even use the third battery or like only 70% of the second.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa6b0fb5c Posted at 2018-1-31 08:42

For my Spark I needed 3 total but 21 min isn't too bad so 2 should work fine for MA.

I only have two for my MPP and that gives me 50 minutes solid flight time with one pit stop but if DJI say max 21 minutes on the Mavic Air you can bet that will be 16 - 18 at best - so three Mavic Air batteries will give roughly the same flight time as two Mavic Platinum batteries.
2018-1-31
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

More batteries mean more time filming before you need to charge. And you could charge one battery while flying with another so you would technically never need to stop flying due to dead batteries. This is theoretical though. As a battery is drained faster than it is charged, but 3- 5 flights before calling it a day or moving to a new location is usually more than sufficient in my experience.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Fly More Combo contains more batteries and accessories, please check more difference here: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air?vid=39101
Appreciate your interest in DJI product.
2018-2-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe if you do the maths on the items you actually want and if you want only one extra battery (which are available now) you make a big saving by buying the standard package and if you only want 2 extra batteries you still make a reasonable saving. Because it was previously cheaper to buy the fly more combo I don't thing people are actually doing the maths on this one.

Particularly as there is stuff in the flymore combo that you honestly don't need and if you did need it you can buy it later and spread the cost.

I was initially disappointed when I could only get the standard combo but when I worked it out it was a far better deal (this is at UK prices)

Dennis UK
2018-2-5
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

"I don't thing people are actually doing the maths on this one."

i did the math.  drone plus 2 batteries, 1 props, bag = 1035
fly more = 999 with lots of extras.
2018-2-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AIister Posted at 2018-2-5 00:19
"I don't thing people are actually doing the maths on this one."

i did the math.  drone plus 2 batteries, 1 props, bag = 1035

This was the maths I did as I did not need or want lots of the stuff:

Drone £769 + 1 battery £69 = £ 838 (I think 1 extra will be fine for me for now)

Drone + 2 batteries = £907 (Cost spread over time)

Fly more combo = £949

I don't want or need all the other stuff (Particularly as the charger is sequential)

2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-2-5 00:32
This was the maths I did as I did not need or want lots of the stuff:

Drone £769 + 1 battery £69 = £ 838 (I think 1 extra will be fine for me for now)

Even when all the other stuff is £141 more expensive and will cost only £42 with the fly more combo? I agree if you only want one or two batteries the combo is not the best option but if you intend to buy another 2 to have 3 anyway then surely saving £99 on the rest of the official accessories is worth it.
2018-2-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 00:39
Even when all the other stuff is £141 more expensive and will cost only £42 with the fly more combo? I agree if you only want one or two batteries the combo is not the best option but if you intend to buy another 2 to have 3 anyway then surely saving £99 on the rest of the official accessories is worth it.

Which of the other accessories do you think are worth having. My Opinions:

1) Who will ever need all those extra props you get 8 total with standard
2) The bag is not at all good in my view and Amazon will soon have far better ones
3) Batteries is a debatable point but I think one - two extra is fine. If you need more better to get later and stagger garantee
4) The combo charger is sequential so the charger you get with the standard is fine (I am happy to manually swap batteries)

Also if you are a bit skint the standard helps spread the cost

I would be interested in you views on the above

Dennis UK
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-2-5 00:48
Which of the other accessories do you think are worth having. My Opinions:

1) Who will ever need all those extra props you get 8 total with standard

Ok
1) Believe me, you can never have enough props - more is always better and 12 (with an added 4 at £16) from the outset is obviously better than 8 - especially if you are new to the hobby and the MA is your first drone. Props last 200 flights providing you don't crash...
2) With the £99 saving on the fly more the bag at £69 is technically free! Designed by DJI to carry everything you need, including the 3 batteries and it looks very stylish. That fact it's free speaks for itself
3) The £17 battery to power bank adaptor is a great accessory - not just to top up the RC and device in the field but to discharge the batteries at home on cancelled flights utilising each charge to recharge house hold devices rather than simply letting them auto discharge and waste all of the energy on your electricity bill...
4) The battery charging hub at £39 is sequential but if you have 3 batteries it is more convenient to simply leave them all to charge rather than having to go back to the charger and reconnect each battery after each single charge. I have the advanced hub with my MPP which actually starts the charge of the next battery when the first hits 85% so is semi simultaneous and reduces the charge time - it is a shame that this advanced charging tech was not built into the MA hub. That said with just an extra £42 you pay for the hub and £3 for the 4 props, bag and adaptor! Bargain! This makes the fly more combo a better option IF you intend to buy 2 additional batteries anyway - which most will. Whilst the standard combo reduces the initial cost it will cost you more in the long run if you intend to purchase these accessories. I'd rather pay £949 than £1,048 over a longer period of time for exactly the same thing...
2018-2-5
Use props
fansd8cc4f88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166289 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansa6b0fb5c Posted at 2018-1-31 08:42

Same here, with the mavic pro I use 2 batteries and leave the third one at home... The Mavic has a better deal though as you also get a car charger
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd8cc4f88 Posted at 2018-2-5 02:00
Same here, with the mavic pro I use 2 batteries and leave the third one at home... The Mavic has a better deal though as you also get a car charger

Same here, standard combo on the MPP as only bought one additional battery as 50 minutes is enough for me at one location.
2018-2-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 01:13
Ok
1) Believe me, you can never have enough props - more is always better and 12 (with an added 4 at £16) from the outset is obviously better than 8 - especially if you are new to the hobby and the MA is your first drone. Props last 200 flights providing you don't crash...
2) With the £99 saving on the fly more the bag at £69 is technically free! Designed by DJI to carry everything you need, including the 3 batteries and it looks very stylish. That fact it's free speaks for itself

Heck

I have 9 Drones (6 of them DJI) and I have over 200 RC aircraft including over 15 Turbine powered jets.

I have never felt the need for that number of spare props.

I think we have both made points that people can use to decide what they buy
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-2-5 02:30
Heck

I have 9 Drones (6 of them DJI) and I have over 200 RC aircraft including over 15 Turbine powered jets.

Indeed, but you asked for my view and I gave you it with a clear rationale why I feel the MA fly more combo is better value (the free extra props being only one reason) and without listing all of my drones LOL Everyone will decide what is best for them and their budget of course - though it is strange how you only have a Spark under your profile...
2018-2-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-5 02:33
Indeed, but you asked for my view and I gave you it with a clear rationale why I feel the MA fly more combo is better value (the free extra props being only one reason) and without listing all of my drones LOL Everyone will decide what is best for them and their budget of course - though it is strange how you only have a Spark under your profile...

No idea how to add the other stuff to my profile
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-2-5 04:42
No idea how to add the other stuff to my profile

It comes up automatically upon registering the drone to your account. May be let a DJI moderator know so that can link your drones to your profile.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules