Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to connect DJI goggle RE with Mavic Air
12Next >
10229 44 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TAE iRich
lvl.1
Thailand

How to connect DJI goggle RE with Mavic Air.

I'm connect with USB OTG

It's said connect but no screen show in Goggle.

2018-1-31
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi TAE iRich
2018-1-31
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi TAE iRich

I take it your referring to the USB cable from the controller to the Goggles. Several of us RE Goggle users are experiencing the same problem. Hopefully DJi will address this soon.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-132285-1-1.html

Regards

Alan M
2018-1-31
Use props
TAE iRich
lvl.1
Thailand

Thank You Alam M.
2018-1-31
Use props
Stan Pak
lvl.1
United States

I have bought Goggles (white) with Mavic Air and it was initially not working for me at all. I have updated all firmware in all devices to the newest and still nothing.
However, when afterwards I turned off all and turned on again (all devices were entirely off) and I connected goggles using USB cable but I did not connect the phone and it WORKED just finee!
2018-1-31
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I can get the goggle to work. I use the USB OTG cable to the small USB where the controller would connect. But... I want to have the phone active with the DJI Goggles. Can this be achieved DJI?

Can I use the USB port on the bottom of the controller to send video to my DJI Goggles? I have tried with a standard USB and it does not work. Do I need a special cable (one I can use with bottom USB port on controller?) I am used to being able to remove the DJI Goggles and use my iPhone to control. This is how the Mavic works. If we cannot make this happen I recommend renaming the Mavic Air to the Spark Pro. Please at least let me use the port on the bottom of the controller.

2018-1-31
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Please respond DJI. thanks.
2018-2-1
Use props
er97ic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8691 ft
United States

Same. This is a compatibility issue. DJI please confirm.
2018-2-1
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17615 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have same problem not the re goggles , the white ones,, no video feed back to screen
2018-2-2
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

same with me except my goggles are the white ones all brand new today
2018-2-2
Use props
Craigory722
lvl.1
United States

SparkCoffey Posted at 2018-1-31 20:01
I can get the goggle to work. I use the USB OTG cable to the small USB where the controller would connect. But... I want to have the phone active with the DJI Goggles. Can this be achieved DJI?

Can I use the USB port on the bottom of the controller to send video to my DJI Goggles? I have tried with a standard USB and it does not work. Do I need a special cable (one I can use with bottom USB port on controller?) I am used to being able to remove the DJI Goggles and use my iPhone to control. This is how the Mavic works. If we cannot make this happen I recommend renaming the Mavic Air to the Spark Pro. Please at least let me use the port on the bottom of the controller.

Im curious if this is possible as well.
2018-2-2
Use props
fans2accdc4d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’m in the same boat. I brought as a bundle MA and white goggles. Can not get to work at all.
And if it’s true you can’t use a phone as well, how can they advertise giving the goggles to a friend while you fly off the phone
2018-2-3
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans2accdc4d Posted at 2018-2-3 04:19
I’m in the same boat. I brought as a bundle MA and white goggles. Can not get to work at all.
And if it’s true you can’t use a phone as well, how can they advertise giving the goggles to a friend while you fly off the phone

I bought the same thing you did,, MA fly more and white goggles,, no video feed ,, they work with my mavic but not with the MA ,, cord or no cord,,so far feeling misled,  you can see there is a problem with this setup and were not alone in this
2018-2-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

DJI strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-2-3
Use props
Craigory722
lvl.1
United States

It seems that in order to be able to see through your phone AND the goggles, it'd have to connect wirelessly like the Mavic Pro. To my knowledge, when you plug something into the controller it's going to send it's video feed through that no matter what. This doesn't make sense though because there are two ports on the controller which should allow for dual output. Right?

Anyway, I'm about to return my bundle and just order the fly-more combo. Having the goggles be your only screen is dangerous and not fun. What a shame.
2018-2-3
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Craigory722 Posted at 2018-2-3 07:57
It seems that in order to be able to see through your phone AND the goggles, it'd have to connect wirelessly like the Mavic Pro. To my knowledge, when you plug something into the controller it's going to send it's video feed through that no matter what. This doesn't make sense though because there are two ports on the controller which should allow for dual output. Right?

Anyway, I'm about to return my bundle and just order the fly-more combo. Having the goggles be your only screen is dangerous and not fun. What a shame.

Thats the way it works with the mavic, video to ipad iphone etc with the cable hooked up and to the goggles wirelessly at the same time ,, but the air doesnt send video to the goggles with the ipad hooked up or without , tried many different ways,, so far no word as to why , thinking of trying to return the whole lot if i can,, 2 days old and flew the ma once and wasnt real impressed with the video anyway and now the goggle thing,,
2018-2-3
Use props
Craigory722
lvl.1
United States

Dan T Posted at 2018-2-3 08:44
Thats the way it works with the mavic, video to ipad iphone etc with the cable hooked up and to the goggles wirelessly at the same time ,, but the air doesnt send video to the goggles with the ipad hooked up or without , tried many different ways,, so far no word as to why , thinking of trying to return the whole lot if i can,, 2 days old and flew the ma once and wasnt real impressed with the video anyway and now the goggle thing,,

Mine works with the goggles after I updated everything and plugged the goggles to the remote controller without a phone or tablet plugged in. Maybe I got lucky but who knows, still not thrilled.
2018-2-3
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Craigory722 Posted at 2018-2-3 12:28
Mine works with the goggles after I updated everything and plugged the goggles to the remote controller without a phone or tablet plugged in. Maybe I got lucky but who knows, still not thrilled.

did you update the goggles too? if you did how did you do it ,, I updated the ma and controller but when i go to dji assistant it sees the goggles but doesnt show any firmware for them  at all  just says no firmware available,,  retry ,  click retry and nothing  changes ,,over and over and same screen
2018-2-3
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17100 ft
United States

Since I have nothing else to do . . .

Still no help for the RE googles. No video.
2018-2-3
Use props
Craigory722
lvl.1
United States

Dan T Posted at 2018-2-3 15:30
did you update the goggles too? if you did how did you do it ,, I updated the ma and controller but when i go to dji assistant it sees the goggles but doesnt show any firmware for them  at all  just says no firmware available,,  retry ,  click retry and nothing  changes ,,over and over and same screen

Yes, I updated the goggles (white ones) by connecting them to my computer and using the DJI Assistant 2 App to upgrade to the most recent firmware.

I didn't have any issues with the update coming up after I turned on the goggles while connected to the computer. Hope your problem gets solved.
2018-2-4
Use props
CtheProducer
lvl.1
United States

Issue here with getting the MA and white goggles ordered in the bundle to work. Going to try the hard wire to remote route to at least get the devices talking, then go from there.
2018-2-4
Use props
fans2accdc4d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well Jessops think you can lol
3291A2AD-CE32-400D-9C63-CC3BF8A3DF56.png
2018-2-4
Use props
fans2accdc4d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

And I brought this bundle
3A0E1188-9424-488A-AAAE-F5440A4D4F50.png
2018-2-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At the end of the day the Mavic Pro (and platinum) were designed alongside the DJI Goggles to compliment each other and are the best combination to work with.

The primary point of the goggles is to give a clear unhindered FPV image, which they do well on all the aircraft. But the Occusync link of the Goggles to the Mavic Pro (and platinum) frees the Goggles from the hardwired link, also offering more flexibility  being able to use two sets of goggles and controllers simultaneously. Being able to control the Goggle functions using the Mavic Pro RC.

What I'm trying to say is that perhaps the fully integrated functionality of the Mavic Pro (and Platinum) is perhaps what some expect when pairing the Goggles to other aircraft. And whilst this is true to a certain degree with the P4, for others it is the FPV view only without the functional control they may have expected.
2018-2-4
Use props
Ozziebattler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI need to respond to this and let everyone know what the hell is going on. I have the RE goggles cant connect.......needs to be sorted!!
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry for the late response, DJI Goggles RE doesn't support Mavic Air currently,  compatible firmware for the Goggles RE will be released in the near future, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2018-2-4
Use props
fans2accdc4d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What about the white goggles?
2018-2-5
Use props
lpollis
lvl.1
United States

Yes, what about the white googles. I've ordered the bundle with the Mavic Air Fly More + Goggles and I would also like to know.
BTW, is there a way to "follow" this thread? i.e. be notified when there is a new post?
2018-2-5
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-4 23:23
Hi all, sorry for the late response, DJI Goggles RE doesn't support Mavic Air currently,  compatible firmware for the Goggles RE will be released in the near future, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

What about the white goggles...??? If yes then can you advise the best way for connection? Thanks Mindy
2018-2-5
Use props
fans4659617e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dan T Posted at 2018-2-3 08:44
Thats the way it works with the mavic, video to ipad iphone etc with the cable hooked up and to the goggles wirelessly at the same time ,, but the air doesnt send video to the goggles with the ipad hooked up or without , tried many different ways,, so far no word as to why , thinking of trying to return the whole lot if i can,, 2 days old and flew the ma once and wasnt real impressed with the video anyway and now the goggle thing,,

I had the same issue until I updated the Goggle firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 software.  The Goggles have to be on 1.04.0200, otherwise you will get telemetry but no video from the Mavic Air.

Tutorial on how to get it working is .
2018-2-6
Use props
Mo Abuelgasim
New
United Kingdom

Hhhhheeeeeey!!! Sup guys! I just connected my Mavic Air to my white googles... you need to update all firmware and then connect the controller DIRECTLY to the googles using the usb (the micro usb on the goggles to the usb plug at the bottom o fteh controller once the green light is on on the controller. It does NOT work if you have your phone connected to the controller, which imho... is a load of crap!

You cannot have as easy access to the landing buttons etc on the goggles.. it is just not the same and frankly it is a bit dangerous to use it that way even if you have a spotter.

Unless we have a decent response I am going to return the goggles and just stick to the drone, it does not make sense to have the goggles if you lose so much control.

i feel misled by the advertising!
2018-2-6
Use props
DroneAcademy.Com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mo Abuelgasim Posted at 2018-2-6 15:52
Hhhhheeeeeey!!! Sup guys! I just connected my Mavic Air to my white googles... you need to update all firmware and then connect the controller DIRECTLY to the googles using the usb (the micro usb on the goggles to the usb plug at the bottom o fteh controller once the green light is on on the controller. It does NOT work if you have your phone connected to the controller, which imho... is a load of crap!

You cannot have as easy access to the landing buttons etc on the goggles.. it is just not the same and frankly it is a bit dangerous to use it that way even if you have a spotter.

I don't generally take off or land with the goggles down.  I will take off with the controller/phone, fly to where I'm shooting, and then disconnect the phone, plug in the goggles and flip them down.  Then when I'm done, I'll fly home, flip up the goggles, unplug them, and plug the phone back in for the landing.

All that being said, these goggles are definitely designed for the Mavic Pro and work much better with them than with the Air.
2018-2-6
Use props
DroneAcademy.Com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-2-5 14:35
What about the white goggles...??? If yes then can you advise the best way for connection? Thanks Mindy

To get them to work, you have to be on the most recent goggle firmware (1.40.0200).  Otherwise, you will get flight telemetry data but no video.  You can see how to update the firmware and connect the goggles here.
2018-2-6
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans4659617e Posted at 2018-2-6 13:00
I had the same issue until I updated the Goggle firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 software.  The Goggles have to be on 1.04.0200, otherwise you will get telemetry but no video from the Mavic Air.

Tutorial on how to get it working is https://youtu.be/WzUMIVybfG8.

Nice tutorial...question, it looks like you don’t have to use Go4 with the goggles?
2018-2-6
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17100 ft
United States

I see they have just released DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2 today (2/7/18).  Can anyone report as to whether or not this has helped with the Goggle RE video feed problem on the MA?  The release notes just say it fixes update problems.  Just keeping my fingers crossed--won't be able to try to see if anything changed until late tonight.
2018-2-7
Use props
DroneAcademy.Com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-2-6 20:07
Nice tutorial...question, it looks like you don’t have to use Go4 with the goggles?

Nope.  In fact, you cannot use the app at the same time as the goggles (with the Mavic Air...the Pro is a different story.)  The controller can only output to one device at a time, so if you have the goggles plugged in, the phone won't work and vice versa.
2018-2-7
Use props
DroneAcademy.Com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TonyJ Posted at 2018-2-7 11:12
I see they have just released DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2 today (2/7/18).  Can anyone report as to whether or not this has helped with the Goggle RE video feed problem on the MA?  The release notes just say it fixes update problems.  Just keeping my fingers crossed--won't be able to try to see if anything changed until late tonight.

Is this just the Assitant software, or did they release a Firmware update for the RE as well?  If it's just the Assistant, I can't imagine it will help any.  
2018-2-7
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneAcademy.Com Posted at 2018-2-7 17:31
Nope.  In fact, you cannot use the app at the same time as the goggles (with the Mavic Air...the Pro is a different story.)  The controller can only output to one device at a time, so if you have the goggles plugged in, the phone won't work and vice versa.

Ok...with the pro and without the Go app you get limited to about 60 feet in distance...you have any range issues with the controller and goggles without the app? Thanks
2018-2-8
Use props
TAE iRich
lvl.1
Thailand

Working now ^^

just update latest firmware

https://forum.dji.com/thread-134249-1-1.html
2018-2-9
Use props
DroneAcademy.Com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-2-8 23:19
Ok...with the pro and without the Go app you get limited to about 60 feet in distance...you have any range issues with the controller and goggles without the app? Thanks

Yeah, the later firmware introduced a 'feature' that locks you into beginner mode if you don't have the Go app running.  If you launch with just the goggles and no app, your AC is locked into beginner mode and restricted to 50m.  
To bypass that restriction, I don't generally take off or land with the goggles down.  I will take off with the controller/phone, fly to where I'm shooting, and then disconnect the phone, plug in the goggles and flip them down.  Then when I'm done, I'll fly home, flip up the goggles, unplug them, and plug the phone back in for the landing.  You could, however, switch to goggles immediately after take off and get the same benefit.

2018-2-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules