2244 39 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

First drone flew crooked, 2nd drone the camera stopped moving, 3rd drone had a sensor go bad, 4th drone has a USB cover that doesn't stay closed.

Anything for all my time and investment? Not a effing thing. I'll be lucky to get a refund and start over.

I own 4 of your products DJI!!! WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!??!?
2018-1-31
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

That is bad luck x 4. Must be very frustrating.
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-31 08:39
That is bad luck x 4. Must be very frustrating.

You have no clue. The thing that sucks the worst..spending all the precious time with support, spending all that precious time packaging it up and driving it to the UPS store. And the worst part.. I pre-ordered this and spend $1400.00 way back when.. still don't have a working drone.

The ONLY thing I get from DJI is a really lousy "sorry" and that is it. Absolutely nothing else.

Anyways.. I'm just mad and frustrated beyond belief.  Thanks for listening.
2018-1-31
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-31 08:52
You have no clue. The thing that sucks the worst..spending all the precious time with support, spending all that precious time packaging it up and driving it to the UPS store. And the worst part.. I pre-ordered this and spend $1400.00 way back when.. still don't have a working drone.

The ONLY thing I get from DJI is a really lousy "sorry" and that is it. Absolutely nothing else.

I have a feeling that they are in WAY over their heads, but who really knows beside DJI.
2018-1-31
Use props
videoguy
lvl.3
United States

This is your second thread on the same subject, quit bellyaching to the forum and deal with it. You won't get it fixed here.
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

videoguy Posted at 2018-1-31 12:52
This is your second thread on the same subject, quit bellyaching to the forum and deal with it. You won't get it fixed here.

Actually this is a new drone.. just got it.
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

videoguy Posted at 2018-1-31 12:52
This is your second thread on the same subject, quit bellyaching to the forum and deal with it. You won't get it fixed here.

So far not being vocal has gotten me 4 months of waiting. Sorry you don't like my talking about it.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-31 12:54
So far not being vocal has gotten me 4 months of waiting. Sorry you don't like my talking about it.

Ignore him - it'll happen to him one day and I'll be waiting
2018-1-31
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same thing happen with the p4 Pro, 3 lemons in a row, after 112 days of f#$@ing around I received a refund..
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-31 13:01
Ignore him - it'll happen to him one day and I'll be waiting

Thank you! I'm just bummed and well beyond bummed
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-1-31 13:03
I had the same thing happen with the p4 Pro, 3 lemons in a row, after 112 days of f#$@ing around I received a refund..

I think about doing that here. TBH I just really want a working platinum
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-31 13:05
I think about doing that here. TBH I just really want a working platinum

ALWAYS buy in person from an official dealer - I can not stress that enough. Get a refund and buy one over the counter - ensure where you buy it has a top exchange policy. Apple do a no questions asked 14 day return for full refund or immediate replacement...  
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-31 13:09
ALWAYS buy in person from an official dealer - I can not stress that enough. Get a refund and buy one over the counter - ensure where you buy it has a top exchange policy. Apple do a no questions asked 14 day return for full refund or immediate replacement...

Yeah I would've if I could've. This was pre-ordered. I'll see what they do about the warranty .. they were going to extend it or refund it.. if refund I'll buy it from Best Buy next time.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-31 13:56
Yeah I would've if I could've. This was pre-ordered. I'll see what they do about the warranty .. they were going to extend it or refund it.. if refund I'll buy it from Best Buy next time.

Normally I would say go for the replacement as malfunctions do happen but mate - FOUR DOA's... Totally unacceptable! I'm shocked - I returned 2 Mavic's (an original and Alpine) to Apple as defective units. I then bought the Platinum from another official DJI dealer in London and it's been flawless from day 1 - can't rate the drone enough. Once you get a Mavic that has no problems it's best to keep it for good and treat it like gold dust. I wish you luck.
2018-1-31
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Actually this is a new drone.. just got it.

Forget that idiot from up there DJI sells crap and there customer service is crap
2018-1-31
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.  Squeaky wheel my friend, works.  Hope  you get satisfaction soon.
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-31 14:06
Normally I would say go for the replacement as malfunctions do happen but mate - FOUR DOA's... Totally unacceptable! I'm shocked - I returned 2 Mavic's (an original and Alpine) to Apple as defective units. I then bought the Platinum from another official DJI dealer in London and it's been flawless from day 1 - can't rate the drone enough. Once you get a Mavic that has no problems it's best to keep it for good and treat it like gold dust. I wish you luck.

"Once you get a Mavic that has no problems it's best to keep it for good and treat it like gold dust. I wish you luck. "

I couldn't agree more!!! I LOVE my Spark.. I want to LOVE my Platinum at least that much.  Thanks for the support!
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thudd Posted at 2018-1-31 14:25
Evil prospers when good men do nothing.  Squeaky wheel my friend, works.  Hope  you get satisfaction soon.

Thanks, man!! It's appreciated.. again.. I'm just beyond bummed atm. I have 2 weeks before I have to go back to the hospital and I won't be able to walk again for months.. I missed out on the holiday stuff I wanted to do.. now my window is closing again.. anyways.. thanks.. I'm just bummed
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-1-31 14:38
"Once you get a Mavic that has no problems it's best to keep it for good and treat it like gold dust. I wish you luck. "

I couldn't agree more!!! I LOVE my Spark.. I want to LOVE my Platinum at least that much.  Thanks for the support!

It will happen mate - hold in there.
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I:surprised nobody from Dji has come to give me the “we’re sorry” rap..as meaningless as that’s been in the past.
2018-1-31
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Keeping this bumped until it's resolved.
2018-2-1
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-1 00:35
Keeping this bumped until it's resolved.

If DJI sold cars...

"We're sorry you had such a bad time with your week-old 2018 DJI Corolla. Please send it in for repair and wait patiently. We'll soon send you a refurbished 1983 model Corolla. Thank you for waiting patiently."
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-1 00:43
If DJI sold cars...

"We're sorry you had such a bad time with your week-old 2018 DJI Corolla. Please send it in for repair and wait patiently. We'll soon send you a refurbished 1983 model Corolla. Thank you for waiting patiently."

Same damn thing happened to me.. 4x now And I pre-ordered.. I expected a new drone!!
2018-2-1
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-1 00:49
Same damn thing happened to me.. 4x now  And I pre-ordered.. I expected a new drone!!

Hope justice will prevail.
2018-2-1
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-1 05:02
Hope justice will prevail.

At this point .. I'm not holding my breath. I have to now wait forever and a day until they get back to me to let me know if they will refund me or give me a NEW drone with a NEW warranty.  At this point.. I'm leaning towards the refund and I'll just buy it from a store I can return to when there is problems. I don't want it taken out on me any more.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Iverson, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing, the case has been escalated, please kindly wait for the relative team to contact you.
2018-2-1
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

This shouldn't be a surprise. Just wait till your drone disconnects from the controller at 5ft away, flys away from RTH and into a bunch of trees. You'll be gifted with multiple emails saying its your fault with a bunch of BS reasoning like "your antennas positioning was bad" at 5 FEET AWAY FROM THE DRONE. These guys are worse than used car salesmen. Just look at their app review. 2.7 star app for a $1000 drone. How is that even acceptable.

Not to mention, DJI sales splash screen? Automatically downloading Mavic Air how to videos on your phone when you DON'T EVEN HAVE A MAVIC AIR. Nothing says they care about their app or users like dozens of complaints on app reliablity, but that SALES SPLASH SCREEN works 5/5! DJI immediately reminds me of the Xi home cameras you could get on Amazon for $40 each. Garbage app, with ads and shady service. THe only difference is at least you get what you pay for with those Xi cameras, for $1000 you're not getting anywhere close to what your money should be giving you.
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 22:52
Iverson, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing, the case has been escalated, please kindly wait for the relative team to contact you.

DJI strikes again, and again, and again, and again.

DJI is tearing up the fails.

It takes 4 returns and now it's just being escalated. Great shame here.
2018-2-2
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

If DJI didn't hide all complaints in the subthread called "service" then there would be alot more fair and open criticism. Which is why we now have to share our stories of DJI's failures on different platforms:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/com ... _rth_rc_disconnect/
2018-2-2
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-2 06:28
DJI strikes again, and again, and again, and again.

DJI is tearing up the fails.

Yeah .. been waiting all week to get a response from their "escalation" team. It might be sometime next week it's looking like. I mean it's already been 5 days and I haven't even been able to mail it back yet. Yeah.. I'm bummed. Thing that really sucks is that I know they won't make it right with me. I'll be lucky to just get a refund and have all the accessories I have be wasted along with the countless hours and days of my time.
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

DJI has no honor.
2018-2-3
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

Unless you're a popular youtuber, DJI has no interest in compensating it's customers for their shoddy products.
2018-2-5
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Robstunner Posted at 2018-2-5 07:55
Unless you're a popular youtuber, DJI has no interest in compensating it's customers for their shoddy products.

It's been 8 days since this has been "escalated" I was supposed to receive a phone call either Friday or Monday.  Guess DJI forgot about me, again. <sigh> And yeah.. I'm just some schmuck who owns 4 products.. sadly not worth enough
2018-2-5
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-5 22:49
It's been 8 days since this has been "escalated" I was supposed to receive a phone call either Friday or Monday.  Guess DJI forgot about me, again.  And yeah.. I'm just some schmuck who owns 4 products.. sadly not worth enough

I found that a BBB complaint will get answered the same day.
2018-2-6
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just giving an update here. I received an email last Thursday the Feb. 1st saying that I would be getting a call from a representative within 48 hours. I understand this doesn't include weekends and holidays. It's now Feb 6th and still haven't heard a thing.  And this is escalated status?  I'm just getting more and more depressed as the days go on ;(
2018-2-6
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-2-6 12:44
Just giving an update here. I received an email last Thursday the Feb. 1st saying that I would be getting a call from a representative within 48 hours. I understand this doesn't include weekends and holidays. It's now Feb 6th and still haven't heard a thing.  And this is escalated status?  I'm just getting more and more depressed as the days go on ;(

You have to constantly keep contact with them. Try emailing support@dji.com I sent an email and it went through, it didnt bounce back. He's the big guy at DJI America. Doubt it will do anything, but making that guy aware of their garbage customer service makes it worth it to me.
2018-2-7
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

And this is the reason why I buy from Best Buy. My first MP I had I had a gimbal problem. Instead of wasting my time trying to figure it all out I just box it up and took it right back and exchanged it for another one. No questions asked. Here is the other problem. If you do have a problem you send it back to DJI chances are you will wind up getting a refurbished one. When you purchased a new one. So you might as well have bought a used one.
2018-2-7
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-7 08:03
And this is the reason why I buy from Best Buy. My first MP I had I had a gimbal problem. Instead of wasting my time trying to figure it all out I just box it up and took it right back and exchanged it for another one. No questions asked. Here is the other problem. If you do have a problem you send it back to DJI chances are you will wind up getting a refurbished one. When you purchased a new one. So you might as well have bought a used one.

I preordered mine. I would have from Best Buy if I could have. Now that Best Buy is selling them.. I'd like to get a refund from DJI and re-purchase it from Best Buy.

I'm totally with you on this one.. it would have made my life millions of time easier and stress free. Big mistake on my part that I will NEVER make again.
2018-2-7
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Robstunner Posted at 2018-2-7 07:00
You have to constantly keep contact with them. Try emailing          I sent an email and it went through, it didnt bounce back. He's the big guy at DJI America. Doubt it will do anything, but making that guy aware of their garbage customer service makes it worth it to me.

at this point I will. If anything just because I feel like everything is an automated response and nobody really cares to get me decent customer service in a timely fashion. Especially for a $1400.00 product.
2018-2-7
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
United States

There's no doubt about that. It's your run of the mill level 1 customer support person that just replies with copy/paste predetermined statements.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules