Newbee: Remote beeps
863 10 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdobis47
lvl.1
United States

I just got my P4P, watched all the tutorials, but my remote starts beeping at me when I start the motors. What am I missing? TIA
2018-1-31
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

make sure switchs s1 s2 are up
2018-1-31
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Controller Non-Stop Beeping Fix and Recommendation

2018-1-31
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Step 1: The fix is to turn it off and on until the battery looses more juice. Also try pressing the C1 and the C2 button one after the other after turning controller, than Phantom 4, than press C1, C2, than repeating step.

Step 2: Turn the Phantom 4 and controller on..Also make sure that the usb cable is plugged into tablet from controller. If it says disconnected still select Phantom 4. Keep turning off and and on controller untill you see the option "Enter Device".  The problem ended up being the controller needed to be calibrated. After it finally connected I calibrated it and it worked.
2018-1-31
Use props
cdobis47
lvl.1
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-31 10:17
make sure switchs s1 s2 are up

I don't have an S1 or S2
2018-1-31
Use props
cdobis47
lvl.1
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-31 10:20
Step 1: The fix is to turn it off and on until the battery looses more juice. Also try pressing the C1 and the C2 button one after the other after turning controller, than Phantom 4, than press C1, C2, than repeating step.

Step 2: Turn the Phantom 4 and controller on..Also make sure that the usb cable is plugged into tablet from controller. If it says disconnected still select Phantom 4. Keep turning off and and on controller untill you see the option "Enter Device".  The problem ended up being the controller needed to be calibrated. After it finally connected I calibrated it and it worked.

Ok, will give it a try. Thanks.
2018-1-31
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

ohhh ... i see
2018-1-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's beeping at you when you start the motors then there's a good chance that the Obstacle Avoidance has detected something close to aircraft.

You could test the theory by switching off obstacle avoidance in DJI Go 4 in 'Visual Navigations Settings' menu.
2018-1-31
Use props
cdobis47
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-31 12:52
If it's beeping at you when you start the motors then there's a good chance that the Obstacle Avoidance has detected something close to aircraft.

You could test the theory by switching off obstacle avoidance in DJI Go 4 in 'Visual Navigations Settings' menu.

Ok, thanks, I'll check that.
2018-1-31
Use props
cdobis47
lvl.1
United States

cdobis47 Posted at 2018-1-31 14:07
Ok, thanks, I'll check that.

That's what it was. Obstacle avoidance. I'm glad it is there but I didn't know that it was so sensitive. Now that I know, I can get more distance between my P4P and the obstacles.  One of the obstacles was the ground under the drone. It doesn't like going too low either.
Learning something new everyday. Thank you for the forum. It helps a lot.
2018-2-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cdobis47 Posted at 2018-2-1 08:21
That's what it was. Obstacle avoidance. I'm glad it is there but I didn't know that it was so sensitive. Now that I know, I can get more distance between my P4P and the obstacles.  One of the obstacles was the ground under the drone. It doesn't like going too low either.
Learning something new everyday. Thank you for the forum. It helps a lot.

That's good news, there should also be an Obstacle avoidance 'radar' type screen on the DJI Go 4 display which shows distance and direction of obstacle, to the left, right, or straight ahead.

Another to look out for is that it may get triggered when flying directly towards a low Sun. I think internal reflections in the sensor lenses spook it a bit and can result in aircraft stopping or moving slowly at times.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules