FPV Camera Resolution and Latency
1115 5 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

I am having issues with my FPV camera on the Inspire 2. First doesn't seem to be able to stabilize on the roll axis. Which is strange because the FPV camera definitely has a 2-axis gimbal mechanism(but still only compensates for the pitch angle, the camera view is always level with the aircraft not level with the ground like the main camera). But my latest issue is a shocking lack of resolution combined with what seems to be latency issues as well. The resolution is worse that a 1980's era security camera(very pixelated). Additionally, when you move the aircraft, say yawing from left to right, the main camera seems to react(i.e the picture moving) quicker than the FPv camera. Shouldn't it be the opposite(the FPV camera having less latency than the main cinema camera)?

2018-1-31
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
United States

I see 48 people have viewed this. Nobody wants to chime in? Now 77. Nobody? Nothing? Come on. Somebody has to have something on this issue.
2018-2-3
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
United States

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-2-3 18:33
I see 48 people have viewed this. Nobody wants to chime in? Now 77. Nobody? Nothing? Come on. Somebody has to have something on this issue.

ANYONE?????
2018-3-16
Use props
UP Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

i have the same problem, when i tilt the aircraft to the side the fpv camera is completely slanted and the picture quality is always terrible. I think this is normal for the fpv camera, it sucks.
2018-3-16
Use props
UP Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

i haven’t noticed the latency, but i’ll check my aircraft for it next flight
2018-3-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Not that I care much since I always keep main camera in FPV mode (just my style), controlling tilt with left wheel and panning with drone yaw. Therefore this miserable new addition is more an annoyance than help to me.

2 person filming is when this little poor extra eye can be helpful, although I'm still not really convinced. The pilot sees what's on the course of flight and what's the craft's tilt (when flying sideways or compensating for side wind during hover), while the camera man can concentrate on framing. The quality of FPV view in this case, however, may be a matter of discussion indeed.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules