Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Remote Controller Constantly Beeping
53318 34 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fattback
lvl.1

United States

I am new to drones. Trying to set up the drone and as soon as I turned on the remote it doesnt stop beeping.
Drone off or on remote is beeping
Phone on and connected or not remote is beeping
I did firmware update for both the drone and the remote.

Any help would be greatly appriciated

2018-1-31
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds faulty :-( the only time it should be beeping when not in flight is if you are linking it to the aircraft or you have left it on, and it beeps to ask to be turned off.
2018-1-31
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds faulty :-( the only time it should be beeping when not in flight is if you are linking it to the aircraft or you have left it on, and it beeps to ask to be turned off.
2018-1-31
Use props
Fattback
lvl.1

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-1-31 14:23
Sounds faulty :-( the only time it should be beeping when not in flight is if you are linking it to the aircraft or you have left it on, and it beeps to ask to be turned off.

Yea I think your right. Downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and reinstalled firmware. Drone its self downloaded and installed just fine. The controller kept connecting and disconnecting from the program. Never aloud me to reinstall it.
2018-1-31
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe you left the turn signal on... ;-)
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Basically, there will be some occasions that an RC makes a sound: 1. Low battery; 2. RC sticks are not in the central position; 3. Firmware upgrade failed; 4. Leave the RC in idle itself after powering on.
For your case, please first ensure that the RC has enough power, try to calibrate the RC. If the DJI Assistant 2 is not able to refresh the RC firmware, please try to connect the RC to the app, try to press and hold the upper right icon on the first page of the app for about 9 seconds, then there will be a window for firmware refresh.
Please try the steps above and see if it works. Keep us updated if the issue persists, a video of this case and a screenshot of the firmware info (General Setting--About). Appreciate it.
2018-2-1
Use props
Fattback
lvl.1

United States

Could never get the beeping to stop. Ended up returning the Air for a replacement. Hope to be flying by next weekend
2018-2-3
Use props
Tnt916
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 02:18
Basically, there will be some occasions that an RC makes a sound: 1. Low battery; 2. RC sticks are not in the central position; 3. Firmware upgrade failed; 4. Leave the RC in idle itself after powering on.
For your case, please first ensure that the RC has enough power, try to calibrate the RC. If the DJI Assistant 2 is not able to refresh the RC firmware, please try to connect the RC to the app, try to press and hold the upper right icon on the first page of the app for about 9 seconds, then there will be a window for firmware refresh.
Please try the steps above and see if it works. Keep us updated if the issue persists, a video of this case and a screenshot of the firmware info (General Setting--About). Appreciate it.

I'm having the same issue with AIR controller. Constantly beeping. only way to stop the beeping is to hit reset ( top RT and Top Lt)....

The DJI 4 App keeps saying i have a controller firmware to udpate 01.00.0100.....
I follow the steps to update.... about 72-74% the control starts beeping. when that happens i do the reset( topRT/LT button) to stop the beep. the app continues. AND completes at 100%.
but later the mainscreen states i need to update my firmware.... WTH....

super frustrated, first timer... and it's not going well

contacted DJI online support- they just told me to reinstall the app. Getting the same results.
2018-2-6
Use props
Kyle Stones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

this is the beeping im having, is yours the same? i saw someone else who had beeping but it was different
2018-2-8
Use props
Kyle Stones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

Kyle Stones Posted at 2018-2-8 07:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9hBjAW3xcY

Did a controller calibration and it stopped. Still cannot link to iPhone with the RC, Can’t connect to iPhone with usb. Usb is only working with my iPad. Not ideal but it works for now. Hopefully a patch will come out or something
2018-2-8
Use props
tanitotoro
Captain
Flight distance : 478796 ft
United States

Kyle Stones Posted at 2018-2-8 15:08
Did a controller calibration and it stopped. Still cannot link to iPhone with the RC, Can’t connect to iPhone with usb. Usb is only working with my iPad. Not ideal but it works for now. Hopefully a patch will come out or something

I think I have similar problem here;

https://forum.dji.com/thread-133690-1-1.html

Still can't find solution.  Drone is useless since I can't connect.  I am trying to return it to DJI which is sooooooooooo slow  at returning email.  1email reply per day!!!! I might as well write a physical letter and mail it.  
2018-2-8
Use props
Sarunas
New
Flight distance : 1076 ft
Spain

Kyle Stones Posted at 2018-2-8 07:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9hBjAW3xcY

I'm having the same beeping, mine is because the left stick broke down. When I try to calibrate the RC, that stick is always in left + up position (like the picture) and I cannot do anything. I contacted DJI and they asked to send it over for repair.
This happened during flight, the drone started turning left and going up like crazy, good thing that it landed with 0 percent battery after a lot of stress.

2018-3-1
Use props
Datadogie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

2018-3-1
Use props
Sarunas
New
Flight distance : 1076 ft
Spain

Datadogie Posted at 2018-3-1 11:41
https://youtu.be/DZ4-qCxL5dk

Thanks but not the same beeping though...
2018-3-1
Use props
stevemaller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1628665 ft
United States

happened to me just now
calibrated with DJI GO 4 app and all is good
2018-4-30
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122159 ft
United Kingdom

Calibrated and it fixed it for me
2018-5-1
Use props
Pipetek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54577 ft
Czechia

Basically, there will be some occasions that an RC makes a sound: 1. Low battery; 2. RC sticks are not in the central position; 3. Firmware upgrade failed; 4. Leave the RC in idle itself after powering on.
For your case, please first ensure that the RC has enough power, try to calibrate the RC. If the DJI Assistant 2 is not able to refresh the RC firmware, please try to connect the RC to the app, try to press and hold the upper right icon on the first page of the app for about 9 seconds, then there will be a window for firmware refresh.

Yes, i got the same problem with beeping and calibration of RC helped! Tnx….it was crazy to listen that sick tone all the time :-)
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Pipetek Posted at 2018-10-12 13:58
Yes, i got the same problem with beeping and calibration of RC helped! Tnx….it was crazy to listen that sick tone all the time :-)

Pipetek, great to know that it is working for you. Happy flying.
2018-10-12
Use props
JerryS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222897 ft
Maldives

reset the firmware of rc
2018-10-12
Use props
Milamayer
New
Flight distance : 135272 ft
United States

Fattback Posted at 2018-2-3 18:51
Could never get the beeping to stop. Ended up returning the Air for a replacement. Hope to be flying by next weekend

did they return it to you or send a new one? how long it took? mine is the same
2019-1-1
Use props
christopherMikal
New
Flight distance : 1591 ft
United States

Am I to assume there is no updated firmware or patch  for this constant beep, besides returning to DJI to charge.?
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI DJI IS GOOD
lvl.1

France

Calibrate works but sometimes it restarts after several days without using the controller...
2019-8-27
Use props
FxMagnusson
New

Sweden

Pipetek Posted at 2018-10-12 13:58

Worked for me as well! Was going crazy of listening to the beeps...
2019-8-28
Use props
Philippe GG
New

France

FxMagnusson Posted at 8-28 06:54
Worked for me as well! Was going crazy of listening to the beeps...

Remote controller calibration worked for me too ! No more BEEP.
Thanks !
2019-10-19
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

Mine was hardware issue. Have to change both controller sticks. Was charged around USD100 for parts and labor from an authorized DJI dealer. Is this prize point acceptable?
2019-10-21
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer

Singapore

Sarunas Posted at 2018-3-1 10:21
I'm having the same beeping, mine is because the left stick broke down. When I try to calibrate the RC, that stick is always in left + up position (like the picture) and I cannot do anything. I contacted DJI and they asked to send it over for repair.
This happened during flight, the drone started turning left and going up like crazy, good thing that it landed with 0 percent battery after a lot of stress.

How much they charged you for the repair?
2019-10-21
Use props
x2202
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12769 ft
France

Much simpler: before turning on the remote control, move the joystics in all directions. The electrical contacts are thus more reliable. I have no problem since I do this operation. For the more handymen, it is possible to disassemble the remote control and put a product that lubricates the electrical contacts.

Cost of the operation in both cases: no
2019-10-21
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer

Malaysia

x2202 Posted at 10-21 10:03
Much simpler: before turning on the remote control, move the joystics in all directions. The electrical contacts are thus more reliable. I have no problem since I do this operation. For the more handymen, it is possible to disassemble the remote control and put a product that lubricates the electrical contacts.

Cost of the operation in both cases: no

Thanks mate for the advise.
2019-10-21
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer

Malaysia

Just got back my RC and drone is back to air. My RC was hardware issue and got both the faulty sticks replaced.
C1DE00A6-2E24-4980-B8A9-B8ED7F08D82B.jpeg
5734608B-1814-4EAD-AABA-579A91B7AB0C.jpeg
2019-10-23
Use props
k213h1
New

Brazil

Cepheroh Posted at 10-23 18:14
Just got back my RC and drone is back to air. My RC was hardware issue and got both the faulty sticks replaced.

Hello, where did you buy these parts? Thanks
2019-12-21
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer

Malaysia

k213h1 Posted at 12-21 07:46
Hello, where did you buy these parts? Thanks

Hi,
I sent it to one of third party DJI authorised dealer and service centre in Malaysia.Cost to change both sticks brand new with labor charge around USD 95. Hope this info helps you.

Cheers.
2019-12-22
Use props
Kruuskamp
New

Netherlands

Pls reply which app do you mean, fly app or assistant
2020-2-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kruuskamp Posted at 2-7 03:16
Pls reply which app do you mean, fly app or assistant

Hi there, may I know the drone and the specific issue you have? The app here refers to the DJI GO 4 on the mobile device.
2020-2-8
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds faulty :-( the only time it should be beeping when not in flight is if you are linking it to the aircraft or you have left it on, and it beeps to ask to be turned off.  Maybe if you calibrate it.
2020-2-8
Use props
andyharmer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 532959 ft
United Kingdom

I was at the point of binning my remote control as I couldn't fly the drone with it...I saw a horrendous video which tells you to dismantle your RC arghhhh...and then I found this video, and the application worked first time  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elBheVXtS8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_elBheVXtS8
2021-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules