Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air controller charge
12Next >
15701 45 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marekmk7
lvl.3
New Zealand

Hi, 5 hours on charge and only two flashing light on the controler. take it off charge and still only two lights on, but not flashing. what is going on? help apreciated please.
2018-1-31
Use props
Goatherdervt
Flight distance : 386178 ft
United States

It's not charging. Try the update before the charge or find a different cord.
2018-1-31
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.3
New Zealand

hi,  thank you for input. cord change tried, not resolved. also can't do the update because when I try tells me that the remote has less than 50% battery left
2018-1-31
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.3
New Zealand

11 bleeps in a row and now stoped, still on charge, info
2018-1-31
Use props
PS013
Captain
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

How did you connect it ?

You need to use the connector on the side. There is a small adapter that is included in the bag with the extra remote sticks, or use a MicroUSB cable
2018-1-31
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.3
New Zealand

first 6 hr with a mac usb plug and now using the adapter supplied in the box, and the usb on the charging brick
2018-1-31
Use props
PS013
Captain
United States

marekmk7 Posted at 2018-1-31 16:34
first 6 hr with a mac usb plug and now using the adapter supplied in the box, and the usb on the charging brick

I think that the 11 beeps you heard was the power off because of empty battery.
If nothing is blinking, that would indicate that there is no juice coming in ... you may have got a bad one
2018-1-31
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.3
New Zealand

now 3 lights blinking, lol
2018-1-31
Use props
PS013
Captain
United States

marekmk7 Posted at 2018-1-31 16:48

That is a good sign
2018-1-31
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.3
New Zealand

thank you for help.......one question different topic please..........can i not set the return to home altitude on the Air. does obstical avoidance make this unnecessary?  (as long as its enabled
2018-1-31
Use props
dari_017
First Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

marekmk7 Posted at 2018-1-31 16:48

Also make sure you are connecting the RC with it's supplied cable directly into one of the 2 USB located on the power brick that came with your Air for faster charge, the USB on your Mac will take ages.
2018-1-31
Use props
PS013
Captain
United States

marekmk7 Posted at 2018-1-31 18:31
thank you for help.......one question different topic please..........can i not set the return to home altitude on the Air. does obstical avoidance make this unnecessary?  (as long as its enabled

Didn’t try that yet ... mine arrived at 11:30 this morning ....and I was at work ;)
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

thank you for help.......one question different topic please..........can i not set the return to home altitude on the Air. does obstical avoidance make this unnecessary?  (as long as its enabled

Hi, so the RC charging issue is now resolved, right? That's good to hear. For charging the RC, a normal USB cable combining into the charger adapter and plugging into the power will work.
And for the RTH altitude, you need to change it when the drone, RC and app are connected. Please make sure that you have connected them normally. If it doesn't help, please provide me with an operating video, the version of the app and the mobile device you are using, you can upload the video to Dropbox and paste the link here, I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-2-1
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.3
New Zealand

thank you, appreciated
2018-2-1
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

The obstacles avoidance doesn't work in these situations:
low light/reflective surface (glass)/thin object (wires)
So make sure that the RTH height is set above any obstacles around the Air.
Remember: RTH obstacles avoidance is just a failsafe
2018-2-1
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Remember: RTH obstacles avoidance is just a failsafe
2018-2-1
Use props
fanscd332b4a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269865 ft
United States

Mine was plugged in all night and still only 2 lights. it wont fully charge.. WHY???
2018-2-1
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.3
New Zealand

no idea. same on mine. after hours on charge unplugged it for 5 min, changed all the leads and charger, plugged in back in, after a few min 11 long bleeps and 3 hours later fully charged and working. this is very odd................
2018-2-1
Use props
fans45368d72
Flight distance : 787464 ft
United States

New  Mavic Air. I was able to update firmware without any issue did a quick flight. Now the next day I’m having some issues with the  controller. It was turning on and linked just fine. Now it will not turn on. There is no  response from the  controller, no lights, nothing. It was on the charger last night and this morning the controller is not working. I put it back on charger, and the lights showing it was charging and 45 seconds later it stoped charging. Then I tried unplugging everything and tried the controller again and no lights or anything showed on the controller. I then charged it again and it showed lights moving like it was charging for 7 seconds. I tried again and now for the last 10  attempts it charges for 4 seconds and then the lights go out and nothing shows on the controller.

Any suggestions or advice?
2018-2-3
Use props
fans45368d72
Flight distance : 787464 ft
United States

fanscd332b4a Posted at 2018-2-1 09:12
Mine was plugged in all night and still only 2 lights. it wont fully charge.. WHY???

Mine too, any luck??
2018-2-4
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

Make sure you charge using the micro USB port on the side of the controller.
2018-2-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-2-1 02:01

You may be in beginner mode, you can only change it outside of this mode. RTH Is worth reading up on as it’s function changes depending on circumstances.

It works different to other DJI drones. It’s a fail safe and has limitations. So many ‘lost drone’ posts involve RTH!
2018-2-4
Use props
AdamL88
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans45368d72 Posted at 2018-2-3 11:43
New  Mavic Air. I was able to update firmware without any issue did a quick flight. Now the next day I’m having some issues with the  controller. It was turning on and linked just fine. Now it will not turn on. There is no  response from the  controller, no lights, nothing. It was on the charger last night and this morning the controller is not working. I put it back on charger, and the lights showing it was charging and 45 seconds later it stoped charging. Then I tried unplugging everything and tried the controller again and no lights or anything showed on the controller. I then charged it again and it showed lights moving like it was charging for 7 seconds. I tried again and now for the last 10  attempts it charges for 4 seconds and then the lights go out and nothing shows on the controller.

Any suggestions or advice?

This is exactly what is happening to mine. New from box I fully charged it, updated firmware, all was fine. The next day I went to turn on the controller and nothing, totally dead, no battery status lights either and nothing happens when it’s plugged in to charge either.
2018-2-4
Use props
FYUzTCcS9BgS
lvl.1
Hong Kong

AdamL88 Posted at 2018-2-4 10:44
This is exactly what is happening to mine. New from box I fully charged it, updated firmware, all was fine. The next day I went to turn on the controller and nothing, totally dead, no battery status lights either and nothing happens when it’s plugged in to charge either.

I have exactly the same issue. Updated firmware and the charge stopped working and the charging port won't recognize my iPhone too. I can use the USB port on the controller however to connect to my iPhone.

Any solutions?
2018-2-9
Use props
j4ck4l
New
Hungary

And mine too!!!!
2018-2-10
Use props
2FF
lvl.1
Latvia

My remote not charging too! DJI great as always, first was Mavic pro with lens condensation from inside from the day one, now this. Not mentioning drunk horizon. Can something be just bought and work from the box or i am asking to much?
2018-4-8
Use props
fans5171aa82
New

Indonesia

Hey Guys, is travelling and have left my Mavic Air RC adapter at home! anyone know where I can order one from? I can’t seem to locate one on the DJI site.
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_M30SCxma8iue
New

United States

fans5171aa82 Posted at 2018-6-26 16:30
Hey Guys, is travelling and have left my Mavic Air RC adapter at home!  anyone know where I can order one from? I can’t seem to locate one on the DJI site.

amazon, but I still cant get it to charge
2018-8-16
Use props
djiuser_M30SCxma8iue
New

United States

I have mine connected I got a new cable from amazon because I lost the adaptor have it connected to the dji power source and it is still not charging my controller, might I have a bad controller??
2018-8-16
Use props
Sclaud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5761 ft
Spain

Reading this thread I consider myself lucky: it happend to me almost the same - using original provided cable connected to original charger on one of those 2 USB ports - my RC does not charge.
But if I push one (short) time the power on button from RC - it start to charge and it show me the progress.
What can I say : I would expect to start charging RC in the moment when I plug in the charging cable - not to be needed to push ON on the button from RC - but i consider myself lucky if it works like that either
2018-8-19
Use props
Zam44
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60958 ft
Malaysia

Just my thoughts are you guys using the the little adapter which comes together with the cables? I have had no issues with charging. Perhaps it is because you aren’t using the adapter. Just thought I’d mention this.
2018-8-19
Use props
Sclaud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5761 ft
Spain

I think you can not use original cable without that adapter because it will not fit into the RC.
2018-8-19
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Zam44 Posted at 2018-8-19 09:19
Just my thoughts are you guys using the the little adapter which comes together with the cables? I have had no issues with charging. Perhaps it is because you aren’t using the adapter. Just thought I’d mention this.

There is no problem with adapter. I am charging mine  with standard micro usb cable from any relevant power source without any hassle.
2018-8-19
Use props
djiuser_OGmM90pFfmpy
New
Flight distance : 2500 ft
United States

BlueSkies99 Posted at 2-4 07:45

The port on the side of my controller is not a micro usb.  It is a rectanguler port. The micro usb has curved edges.  I have no adapter that fits the controller port.  I did receive the adapter that comes with the combo but does not fit the port in the controller.  Anyone else have this issue?
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_OGmM90pFfmpy
New
United States

The port on the side of my controller is not a micro usb.  It is a rectanguler port. The micro usb has curved edges.  I have no adapter that fits the controller port.  I did receive the adapter that comes with the combo but does not fit the port in the controller.  Anyone else have this issue?
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_OGmM90pFfmpy
New
United States

2018-12-16
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

No such problem. I have it since day one and its charging normally using micro USB.
2018-12-16
Use props
fans7c58b5f8
New

Czechia

Any solution guys ? It just happened to me as well. Only 2 LED lights and RC cannot be charged more than 50%. Perfectly same scenario as stated above in the thread.
2019-4-5
Use props
Anthony8858
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

Well. My 3 month old Mavic Air remote simply died mid flight.. Battery dead.. Wont charge, no lights .. nothing..
Sent to DJI, they promptly repaired under warranty...
You may want to contact DJI and get it looked at. I suspect there are quite a few battery issues with MA remotes.
Google it
2019-4-5
Use props
raven swe
Captain
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

it is a micro usb but not with curved edges like you would expect, dji thing, the small adaptor plug will fit but you must have the dji logo on the adaptor facing up
2019-4-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules