Cannot activate refurbished Mavic Pro
1296 6 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zauberhd
lvl.1

United States

Hi there,

Yesterday I received a refurbished Mavic Pro bought through the DJI store. The drone looks perfect, but I cannot activate it.

I have followed all of the instructions in the activation video multiple times, but my problem is that the DJI Go app (the newer version for 4 onwards) doesn't pop up with the activation prompt.

I have tried:

• Samsung Note 8 using the supplied cable
  • Samsung Note 8 using my own USB cable
  • iPad mini using supplied cable
  • iPad mini using own USB cable
  • iPhone 6 using supplied cable
  • iPhone 6 using own USB cable
  • I always disconnect supplied cable before using my own USB as I read that they are shared ports
  • I have downloaded the DJI assistant and upgraded to the latest firmware for the drone
  • Reinstall DJI Go (4 onwards) app multiple times

Despite all of that, I still cannot activate it. When I open the app, I see 'Disconnected' in the bottom left hand side (on all devices) and 'enter device' on the right hand side.

This is weird because the controller is definitely connecting to the drone - it shows what mode the drone is in and I can see the numbers change if I pick the drone up and move it.

It seems this drone just will not allow me to activate it and I am quite frustrated after spending a number of hours trying over and over again.

Please help!

2018-1-30
Use props
zauberhd
lvl.1

United States

Cannot activate refurbished mavic pro despite trying everything

Hi there,

Yesterday I received a refurbished Mavic Pro bought through the DJI store. The drone looks perfect, but I cannot activate it.

I have followed all of the instructions in the activation video multiple times, but my problem is that the DJI Go app (the newer version for 4 onwards) doesn't pop up with the activation prompt.

I have tried:

• Samsung Note 8 using the supplied cable
  • Samsung Note 8 using my own USB cable
  • iPad mini using supplied cable
  • iPad mini using own USB cable
  • iPhone 6 using supplied cable
  • iPhone 6 using own USB cable
  • I always disconnect supplied cable before using my own USB as I read that they are shared ports
  • I have downloaded the DJI assistant and upgraded to the latest firmware for the drone
  • Reinstall DJI Go (4 onwards) app multiple times

Despite all of that, I still cannot activate it. When I open the app, I see 'Disconnected' in the bottom left hand side (on all devices) and 'enter device' on the right hand side.

This is weird because the controller is definitely connecting to the drone - it shows what mode the drone is in and I can see the numbers change if I pick the drone up and move it.

It seems this drone just will not allow me to activate it and I am quite frustrated after spending a number of hours trying over and over again.

Please help!

2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, could you send us the aircraft SN and the warning page? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-1-31
Use props
zauberhd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-31 18:34
Hey there, could you send us the aircraft SN and the warning page? We'd like to check the exact status.

I will send as a personal message.

Thank you
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

zauberhd Posted at 2018-2-1 12:37
I will send as a personal message.

Thank you

I've received your message in PM, thanks! Per the SN, confirm that the drone has not been activated. May I know which port do you connect the RC? The side one or the bottom? Please change to another port if applicable. Make sure only one port is plugged at one time.  
2018-2-1
Use props
zauberhd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 19:55
I've received your message in PM, thanks! Per the SN, confirm that the drone has not been activated. May I know which port do you connect the RC? The side one or the bottom? Please change to another port if applicable. Make sure only one port is plugged at one time.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for confirming that the drone is not activated.

However, in my original post I clearly stated that I had connected the drone using 3 different devices and using both ports each time and I have ensured only one port is connected.

No matter what device I use (iPad, iPhone, Note s8) or what port I use (side port or USB port) the activation prompt does not appear.

I am using the DJI Go 4 app and I have tried everything.
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

zauberhd Posted at 2018-2-2 03:46
Hi Susan,

Thanks for confirming that the drone is not activated.

If so, after reviewing your thread, I think you might need to send the drone in. Please contact our support to start a case. Sorry for the difficulties and inconvenience: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules