Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sharing my experience with repair process
630 20 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

I started a thread ( new guy here with questions ) figured I would start a new one describing my experience with the process start to finish.
I recieved my new mavic on 1/26/28 and flew it a couple of times, nice and easy getting used to it as this is my first ever drone. A day or two later
I noticed my gimbal had stopped working and reached out to DJI custome service, spoke with a nice rep to told me i would need to send it in to
Them and that he would send me a UPS label and shipping would be covered, I received this label with in minutes and off i went to the UPS facility

I sent the drone to them on 1/29/18 in the afternoon, per tracking it was recieved the following day 1/30/18 at 11:36 am today I received via email
That it had been checked in and it would be looked at and they would get back to me with findings, at 1:58 today as well i recieved another email
Stating it had been looked at by a technician and to wait patiently for results, well at 5:56 I received another email teilling me that my unit would
Be coverered under warranty and unit would be sent back to me within 3-6 business days with a new or like new unit ( i am really wanting mine
Back as it is brand new and I’m concerned what someone else may have done with there’s) we will see on this part.

All I can say is WOW !! This has all happened in 2 1/2 days from conversation to mailing back to being covered under warranty...

I COLDNT ASK FOR BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE, THE COMMUNICATIONS IS AWESOME, THE TIME FRAME TO EVALUATE AND
MAKE A DETERMINATION ON REPAIR ( WARRANTY OR NOT ) IS INCREDIBLE !! Now if i get my drone matching my s/n i will be beyond
Satisfied and DJI can look forward to me purchasing more of there product.. already about to jump on the Inspire 2 with a thermal camera...

Also wanted to mention “ MINDY “ who instantly reached out to me to see if she could be of any assistance, she checked in to my case and was 3A33CCA7-2CC5-4371-8CBF-4ECF8DA5A9AF.png
Incredibly quick to get back to me, thank you Mindy.....

Here is a picture of my status, you will see by the dates how quick all of this was......

2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Appreciate your update and positive feedback, we are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great. Hope the package arrive soon. Feel free to contact us if there is any further question.
2018-1-31
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Thank Susan, so far better than good ! If you can help me get my drone back that would be AWESOME,... super excited i might be able to take it with me to Idaho  next week, wasn’t thinking it would happen
But its looking really good at this point !!!
2018-1-31
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Well it just keeps. Getting better -

Update  today at 9:31 am received email stating my drone has  been repaired and that my unit would be shipped in three business  days.
Then at 9:51am I got another email telling me it had been tested and it would now be shipped within two business days.

I can’t ay enough about DJI and there customer service - this whole process started 4days ago ( late Monday ) and already repaired,tested and ready
To ship back to me. Looks like it might make it back in time for my trip!!

Again Thank You DJI for the incredible customer service and keeping me updated !
2018-2-1
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-2-1 08:54
Well it just keeps. Getting better -

Update  today at 9:31 am received email stating my drone has  been repaired and that my unit would be shipped in three business  days.

You will NOT get your drone back.
They repaired yours, but someone else will get it as their refurbished unit, sometime in the future.
You will get someone else's done. The serial number on your aircraft will be different (check the email that tells you it's been shipped) and you can then tell if the replacement's manufacture date is earlier or later than the one you bought, and that it's a refurbished unit.
The unit you receive will not have been tested for the problem you initially reported.
You may be lucky and the unit you receive will be brand new (but not the drone you sent in), but most likely you'll end up like me, and many others, in this thread..
Good luck.
2018-2-1
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Jyunte-thank you for the reply, does this include a covered warranty repair ?  Either way I am
Very impressed with the service I’ve received and as a matter of fact o just received another email
Stating it has shipped back..

Absolutely fantastic process!!
2018-2-1
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Well I just checked and my s/n is different and has “ R “ in it for refurbished... I wouldn’t have thought with my brand new unit sent in for a faulty gimble and being covered under there warranty  I would receive a refurb back in Return, I had planned on Selling this when I moved into my inspire 2, wondering  if this will cause me to have to sell it For less ? I didnt see this in there warranty description.

Still can’t say enough about how awesome this process has been, hopefully  the one I get back is perfect and has no problems later.

2018-2-1
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

I guess another question I have, do I still have my DJI refresh with a refurbished unit, and I should  still have two teaming with this being covered under waranth.
2018-2-1
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-2-1 10:02
I guess another question I have, do I still have my DJI refresh with a refurbished unit, and I should  still have two teaming with this being covered under waranth.

DJI will transfer the Care Refresh to your refurbished unit automatically.

Frankly, I would not (did not!) accept a refurbished aircraft in exchange for my new, but defective Mavic Pro, and neither should you. You have no idea how many flight hours are on that refurb. You have no idea how close to failure any of the old parts may be. You don't know if it was dropped, or got wet, or was taken apart by the previous owner. It was definitely not tested to see if your original problem exists with the refurb aircraft, as it was simply picked of a shelf and sent to you.

Yes, your refurbished Mavic Pro now has two, or more, "careful owners".. you, and at least one other unidentified owner. I doubt you could sell it for as much as you'd get it you were the only owner. Who knowingly buys refurbished aircraft?

I wish you lots of luck with your refurbished Mavic Pro. When I returned mine too get a new aircraft, the factory accidentally put it in line for repair... And they found the gimbal controller board was defective and replaced it. Aren't refurbished units supposed to be in "like new condition"? This one was defective when they sent it to me. Clearly, it wasn't tested very well... Oh, then there's that thing about refurbished aircraft being repaired with parts from other refurbished aircraft... Maybe the gimbal controller board was just so old that it died of old age? The dangers associated with refurbs, I guess. :-)
2018-2-1
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Thanks again for your reply along with the great detailed info.... i didn’t know mine wouldn’t come back to me till after reading some post.. i just thought if it was a malfunction from factory they
Would have repaired and sent mine back....  this is my first drone and learning as i go. Not sure how i would go about getting mine back when the other is in route today.

Is there any way of knowing anything about the unit i will. Recieve ?
2018-2-2
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Well i recieved my new to me Mavic Pro, looks to be in perfect condition, not even a scratch on the landing pads, i had to go thru all the steps
Of setting it back up to the app... had a tough time getting my remote to sync up, called tech support and had a gentleman gett me going in no time
Took out side and gave her a test run, flew perfect....

My over all experience had been awesome, i even called and spoke with a rep about this being refurbished and he said it was not a
Refurb and went over some docs, my 10th digit is a R but he told me it would end in a -R who knows, I’m flying !!

Now if I could get i pad pro 9.7 to work with it i would be all set

Thank You DJi and everyone else for the comment and assistance....
2018-2-2
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-2-2 13:57
Well i recieved my new to me Mavic Pro, looks to be in perfect condition, not even a scratch on the landing pads, i had to go thru all the steps
Of setting it back up to the app... had a tough time getting my remote to sync up, called tech support and had a gentleman gett me going in no time
Took out side and gave her a test run, flew perfect....

It's refurbished.
You have to get to the right person to find one who will admit it. When I spoke with a phone support guy, he said"There is no record of it being refurbished". When I spoke with the supervisor, he admitted it was refurbished and said I should have received a new Mavic Pro. The "R" in the 10th digit is not a random letter, it signifies Refurbished, regardless of what your phone support guy told you.

If it works, great, I'm very happy for you! I hope it stays working great for a long time.
2018-2-2
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, I’ve read about the 10th digit with a “R” meaning refurb.... its my only complaint about this whole process as i just bought this unit at full retail price 3 days before sending it back for a manufacture defect and then getting a refurb back in return. Not sure i can do anything at this point so ill just keep an eye on this one. I have made several flights with it today and have had zero issues, maybe my luck will continue. I did check and find out that this was a 2017 built unit so hopefully someone just had a glitch, time will tell....

Thanks again for the response and the best of luck sent, now if i can just learn how to get a decent vid i will be happy !!
2018-2-2
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-2-2 19:02
Yeah, I’ve read about the 10th digit with a “R” meaning refurb.... its my only complaint about this whole process as i just bought this unit at full retail price 3 days before sending it back for a manufacture defect and then getting a refurb back in return. Not sure i can do anything at this point so ill just keep an eye on this one. I have made several flights with it today and have had zero issues, maybe my luck will continue. I did check and find out that this was a 2017 built unit so hopefully someone just had a glitch, time will tell....

Thanks again for the response and the best of luck sent, now if i can just learn how to get a decent vid i will be happy !!

Shoot 2.7K.
Set video to D-Log.
30fps.
Custom settings of +1, 0, 0.
Set camera to manual mode.
Use ND filters so that you can set the shutter speed to 1/60 second for the lighting conditions you have.
Use the Histogram to monitor the exposure.
Plan your shots.
Color correct in your editing suite.
Repeat.
:-)
Press record, focus, consider switching to manual focus.
2018-2-2
Use props
3VP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 165945 ft
Canada

Awesome! Its been two months since I sent my drone in, nothing done so far. I have sent numerous emails requesting information and who ever reads/responds must need to clean their glasses as NEVER have I received any communication that actually pertains to my requests. It's always been miscommunication and of course, it takes weeks to ever receive any type of response from them so email is brutal.

What a strange organization DJI is. They have my drone and I am stuck trying to figure out the next step. So much for the stupid DJI Refresh program (if their goal is to screw over their customers I have certainly received more than what the program is worth then).
2018-2-2
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-2 23:01
Shoot 2.7K.
Set video to D-Log.
30fps.

Awesome, thanks so much for the info, I have no experience with cameras or there settings so I will do this. I have lots of filters just not sure which ones to use and when.  Looking to get the inspire 2 with the thermal imaging, i have 4 thermal scopes ( ATN THORS ) these are simple in comparison..
2018-2-3
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

3VP Posted at 2018-2-2 23:26
Awesome! Its been two months since I sent my drone in, nothing done so far. I have sent numerous emails requesting information and who ever reads/responds must need to clean their glasses as NEVER have I received any communication that actually pertains to my requests. It's always been miscommunication and of course, it takes weeks to ever receive any type of response from them so email is brutal.

What a strange organization DJI is. They have my drone and I am stuck trying to figure out the next step. So much for the stupid DJI Refresh program (if their goal is to screw over their customers I have certainly received more than what the program is worth then).

Geesh, sorry to read this, i. Would. Pm Mindy on here and see if she will look into it for you. My experience other than not getting my mavic back was incredible, sent in Monday and had it back Friday.

I know they have a facility here in Grapevine Tx that is down the road from me, shipping only took a day there and a day back.....

Sorry your having a tough time, reach out to Mindy I’m sure she can find out what’s going on...
2018-2-3
Use props
3VP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 165945 ft
Canada

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-2-3 08:52
Geesh, sorry to read this, i. Would. Pm Mindy on here and see if she will look into it for you. My experience other than not getting my mavic back was incredible, sent in Monday and had it back Friday.

I know they have a facility here in Grapevine Tx that is down the road from me, shipping only took a day there and a day back.....

"I know they have a facility here in Grapevine Tx"

I believe that is an authorized repair centre then - which if they had one near me, I would have gone that route. Unfortunately, I sent mine to their "official" DJI repair facility. I am thinking that was a mistake on my part, but I didn't have a choice.

Guess I just don't have the same luck as others have had with DJI.
2018-2-3
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-2-3 08:48
Awesome, thanks so much for the info, I have no experience with cameras or there settings so I will do this. I have lots of filters just not sure which ones to use and when.  Looking to get the inspire 2 with the thermal imaging, i have 4 thermal scopes ( ATN THORS ) these are simple in comparison..

Filters? ND filter selection is easy. Turn on the Mavic Pro and aet your camera to manual, 100 ISO for daylight, 30fps frame rate, 2.7K, 1/60 second shutter speed. Point your Mavic in the direction you're going to fly, hold an ND filter in front of the lens and see if the histogram shows a good exposure (graph is between the right and left boundaries, not touching them). Use a stronger ND if the graph is too far too the right, use a weaker ND if it's too far too the left. Turn your Mavic off, support the gimbal, and put the chosen ND on the lens. Go film.
2018-2-3
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.1
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-3 18:59
Filters? ND filter selection is easy. Turn on the Mavic Pro and aet your camera to manual, 100 ISO for daylight, 30fps frame rate, 2.7K, 1/60 second shutter speed. Point your Mavic in the direction you're going to fly, hold an ND filter in front of the lens and see if the histogram shows a good exposure (graph is between the right and left boundaries, not touching them). Use a stronger ND if the graph is too far too the right, use a weaker ND if it's too far too the left. Turn your Mavic off, support the gimbal, and put the chosen ND on the lens. Go film.

I’m am going to give that a try, I’ve got the flying down pretty good but that and working the camera at the same time is tricky.

Thanks again for your help
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

3VP Posted at 2018-2-2 23:26

3VP, we are so sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with us, may I have the case number so that I can check the status and make an update for you? Thank you.
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules