7835 22 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schuffd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74990 ft
Ireland

Hey,

finally my drone arrived yesterday and i was so into it.

Now i have havent fly drone yet because the DJI app drives me crazy. This is my very first drone and impressions with DJI and something is wrong. So i setup the drone and charged batterys and contrpoller etc. Downloaded the app made the Firmware updates etc and then the issues started.
- the Wifi channel cant be set to 2.4Ghz its always in 5.8 Ghz (which i dont want to use)
- the camera settings are confusing because video camera simple not shown up (reinstall fixed that)
- after the video settings showed up i wanted to adjust the resolution, color etc and then i just have 2 color obtions (normal and D-Cinelike) nothing else
- cant see more settings
- tried to connect the drone via wifi for changeing the Band but error "cant connect to Mavic Air"

all of that should be possible when i saw several youtube revies about tthe drone and fresh out of the box. Especially from the guys who had the drone 2 weeks before release

Can anyone help me with that?

DJI Go App firmware version: 4.2.5
Aircraft firmware version: 01.00.0100
Remote firmware version: 01.00.0000
Mobile device model used (if any): iPhone 7 plus
Mobile device operating system (if any): ios 11.2.5

2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Schuffd, may I know how did you change the channel? Basically, you need to switch to Custom mode, then select the channel, then it will prompt you the WiFi will restart, please refer the screenshot below. If it doesn't work, please kindly provide me with the operating video for a better help.
In video mode, color has 2 options, one is D-Cinelike and the other is Normal, this normal, no worries.
May I know the details about "more settings"? Please provide me with some screenshots for reference.
And for connecting the Mavic Air via WiFi, ensure that you had input the correct password, please try to reset the WiFi by pressing and holding the bottom in the backward for about 9 seconds, release the bottom when you hear the "D-D-D" sound. Then link the WiFi once again. You can see the original password on the side of the aircraft body, in the battery compartment, and on the carrying case.
See if the steps above help. Looking forward to your feedback.
2018-1-31
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

I just tried it at the remote. Set to custom and can change the channel but not the band.
The Mavic won’t shown up at all so I have no chance typing in the password. Qr code scan works but error “unable to join”
Reset doesn’t work. Either I press the wrong button or something is wrong. The only button I see is the one at the battery. Where is that rear button as mentioned in the app (schreenshot?)
CAC6AE05-949A-46C3-BAF4-F4BE7EF88A88.png
420DE4CC-B5E4-46A2-98C5-2249C5FF2AB3.png
2018-1-31
Use props
fansa7e72f85
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm having the exact same issue! My Air won't connect to the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone 6. Both app and phone on latest update. Get the same error messages as you.  Very frustrating!
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansa7e72f85 Posted at 2018-2-1 01:36
I'm having the exact same issue! My Air won't connect to the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone 6. Both app and phone on latest update. Get the same error messages as you.  Very frustrating!

Are you planning on using the remote controller or a phone to fly the mavic ?

2018-2-1
Use props
fansa7e72f85
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Both ideally. It connects ok with the remote, although haven't had a chance to actually fly it yet.
Waiting for DJI support to come back to me. Any ideas would be much appreciated!!?
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Schuffd Posted at 2018-1-31 23:15
I just tried it at the remote. Set to custom and can change the channel but not the band.
The Mavic won’t shown up at all so I have no chance typing in the password. Qr code scan works but error “unable to join”
Reset doesn’t work. Either I press the wrong button or something is wrong. The only button I see is the one at the battery. Where is that rear button as mentioned in the app (schreenshot?)

I believe  are 2 modes of connecting to the MA , are you getting those confused ?

1) Phone to MA via wi-fi - once reset to wi-fi control mode , look for Mavic AIR ssid and connect the phone to this network

2) MA remote controller, connected to the phone via a micro usb cable, in this mode the phone is more of a display and the control connection is via the remote controller, in this mode you don't connect to  the MA aircraft from phone at all, as the remote controller is connected to it
2018-2-1
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

Same for me.

And my intention was to connect just via WiFi first because I am unable to change the ghz from 5.8 to 2.4
And one troubleshoot was WiFi connect just with phone. But it doesn’t work
2018-2-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm having the exact same issue! My Air won't connect to the DJI Go 4 app on my Samsung 7 so will watch this with interest for a resolve
2018-2-1
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

The said is not shown up from the Mavic. WiFi Rest no effect
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansa7e72f85 Posted at 2018-2-1 02:29
Both ideally. It connects ok with the remote, although haven't had a chance to actually fly it yet.
Waiting for DJI support to come back to me. Any ideas would be much appreciated!!?

In the DJI Go 4 app, when using the remote controller (RC) , you should see on the first page of the app a photo of the Mavic Air and in the bottom left hand corner you should see "connected" and in the right hand corner "go fly".

If you don't see connected, after powering up both the RC and the MA, then you need to try linking the RC and the aircraft (AC ) again. You may have inadvertently reset the the MA to fly in wi-fi mode (controlling via the phone itself) and not via the RC.

Follow the video if this is the case, there are 2 ways to link the RC to the AC

2018-2-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Thank you, all working like a dream now (human error)
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

M2Wair Posted at 2018-2-1 03:37
Thank you, all working like a dream now (human error)

What was your human error, just out of interest, so we can be prepared to give the right answer to the next person with the same sort of issues ?
2018-2-1
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

Doesn’t work for me.

I connect the c and everything is fine. But still not able to change the band. Why? And I see that “connected” of course when I use the controller but not when I use the phone.
2018-2-1
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

Even when I reset the controller it’s setup to 5.8 immediate and can’t change it.

Someone told me access the log files etc for troubleshooting. But they are all encrypted or looks more like corrupt is that normal?
2018-2-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

lannes Posted at 2018-2-1 03:46
What was your human error, just out of interest, so we can be prepared to give the right answer to the next person with the same sort of issues ?

I linked the controller prior to firmware upgrade and didn't repeat after firmware upgrade I just assumed "done already" I was like a kid in a sweetshop, rush rush rush.... moral of the story chill and one step at a time.

Everything works like a dream on all birds now, so happy like a pig in #@*& just need the 85mph gusts to stop to enable flying
2018-2-1
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

But if the controller has to be linked again after firmware upgrade  why does it still work and why is there no message like “link controller etc “
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Schuffd Posted at 2018-2-1 02:32
The said is not shown up from the Mavic. WiFi Rest no effect

You need to reset the AC to whatever mode you want to control through.

Both modes are mutually exclusive and the AC needs to set up as one or the other

here is how to set up wifi mode, if you want to set up the remote controller mode follow the video in the previous post (also see the dot points below), you can only change the frequency of the connection between the RC and the AC, you can't do it in wi-fi mode.

2018-2-1
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

lannes Posted at 2018-2-1 04:13
You need to reset the AC to whatever mode you want to control through.

Both modes are mutually exclusive and the AC needs to set up as one or the other

Ok maybe I am just to stupid.
What is ac what’s ma what is rc? Because as I said. Even when I reset the WiFi the said won’t show up.
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Schuffd Posted at 2018-2-1 04:12
But if the controller has to be linked again after firmware upgrade  why does it still work and why is there no message like “link controller etc “

No sure why the RC needs to be relinked after a firmware upgrade, but the wi-fi mode might have been inadvertently set at some point.
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Schuffd Posted at 2018-2-1 04:17
Ok maybe I am just to stupid.
What is ac what’s ma what is rc? Because as I said. Even when I reset the WiFi the said won’t show up.

AC = aircraft, MA = Mavic Air, RC = remote or radio controller
2018-2-1
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

Ok after several attempts it seems to work.

But still cant change the WIFI Band it switches automatically between 2.4 and 5.8 ghz more at 5.8 this is a joke here in ireland
2018-2-2
Use props
fansa7e72f85
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've finally now managed to get connection between MA and the App! I'd realised that the whole time I had been trying to connect, I was inside at home. So I drove to a local park and it connected via Wi-Fi first  time! Was too cold and dark to get any decent flight time, but looking forward to that
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules