15962 20 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love my P4P, but it is loud and draws too much attention. I was impressed with the sound level of a Spark, pretty quiet (relatively speaking). How does the Spark and Mavic Air sound levels compare.Is the Mavic Air much louder?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

2018-1-31
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

all loud.  air is pretty much the same as the mavic pro, slightly less loud.
DJI-Mavic-Air-Review-2018-Noise-Level-Comparison.png
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Rich, we don't have the relative info at the moment, thank you for the attention.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AIister Posted at 2018-1-31 22:17
[view_image]all loud.  air is pretty much the same as the mavic pro, slightly less loud.

That looks like a very accurate bar graph
2018-1-31
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-31 23:48
That looks like a very accurate bar graph

Mhhh.. it got the header "DJI Drone Flight Time Comparison" and the dB scale is marked as "Flight time per battery in mins"

So I would be cautious about the accuracy of the data
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Based on my experience of owning 4 out of those 5 drones I think it is a very accurate reflection of each drones noise level. From what I’ve seen on YT the Air fits in around that mark too.
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Interesting to see entry level one is actually second best noise-wise. And it can be clearly seen that Mavic Platinum was designed to be the most discreet.
Eagerly awaiting Spark 2 Platinum.
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 02:02
Interesting to see entry level one is actually second best noise-wise. And it can be clearly seen that Mavic Platinum was designed to be the most discreet.
Eagerly awaiting Spark 2 Platinum.

I'm waiting for the day when a drone has a 0 dBa
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

A CW Posted at 2018-2-1 03:43
I'm waiting for the day when a drone has a 0 dBa

That would mean maglev kind of things in a vacuum as sound is basically change in air pressure and multirotors have nasty feature of being able to fly only in fluids. ;) So no point of getting your Spark or MA on your trip to the moon.
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 03:54
That would mean maglev kind of things in a vacuum as sound is basically change in air pressure and multirotors have nasty feature of being able to fly only in fluids. ;) So no point of getting your Spark or MA on your trip to the moon.

Hahaha - I guess so. Would be amazing though.
2018-2-1
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

Dirk52 Posted at 2018-2-1 01:37
Mhhh.. it got the header "DJI Drone Flight Time Comparison" and the dB scale is marked as "Flight time per battery in mins"

So I would be cautious about the accuracy of the data

easily confused huh?  did you read the bottom of the graph?  the relevant information is there...
2018-2-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

AIister Posted at 2018-2-1 04:41
easily confused huh?  did you read the bottom of the graph?  the relevant information is there...

Nope thats a terribly simplistic bar graph that’s labeled wrong.  That’s just lazy and sad.  If we can’t bother to title it properly, how can we be sure the data is even accurate.
2018-2-1
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-1 05:25
Nope that a terribly simplistic bar graph that’s labeled wrong.  That’s just lazy and sad.  If we can’t bother to title it properly, how can we be sure the data is even accurate.

This is exact what I mean. If someone is to dumb or lazy to change the label, I would not trust the informations in it.
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirk52 Posted at 2018-2-1 08:08
This is exact what I mean. If someone is to dumb or lazy to change the label, I would not trust the informations in it.

He made an error on the label but the bars are a fairly good example of what to expect. Calling him 'dumb' is a bit uncalled for...
2018-2-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-1 05:25
Nope that a terribly simplistic bar graph that’s labeled wrong.  That’s just lazy and sad.  If we can’t bother to title it properly, how can we be sure the data is even accurate.

it's a pretty decent article and fair comparison between all 4 to be honest, but looks like he just forgot to change the slide title

http://www.capetowntours.photogr ... arison-review-2018/
2018-2-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

haven't seen this amount of good detailed information in any other reviews/write-ups..  the guy is definitely not dumb, and he's put in a lot of effort into compiling that article so not a lazy one either   i think we should forgive him for that oversight
2018-2-1
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

Wow that capetowntours is by far the most well done article about that. Guess from nerds for nerds ... and not for user with the usual 30 sec youtube attention span. (*hides*)
Thanks for the share.
2018-2-1
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

it's loud maybe therer will be diffrent props later, mav plat wins
2018-2-1
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2-1 08:12
He made an error on the label but the bars are a fairly good example of what to expect. Calling him 'dumb' is a bit uncalled for...

I agree. The article this was taken from is EXTREMELY well researched and documented. They just screwed up on the graph description. But when you just pull the graph out of context you have no idea how much research this guy did. Just the he screwed up his graph big time. Glad I found this article though. Lots of great info here.
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 11-9 17:24
I agree. The article this was taken from is EXTREMELY well researched and documented. They just screwed up on the graph description. But when you just pull the graph out of context you have no idea how much research this guy did. Just the he screwed up his graph big time. Glad I found this article though. Lots of great info here.

It a great article for sure mate.
2018-11-10
Use props
mumtazkhan9
lvl.1

Pakistan

Good post found here.
2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules