What is going on?
2165 30 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yakboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13100 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so as well as my Spark RC unlinking from the drone last week and I can't link whatever method I try (I have tried all methods on the forum believe me), have contacted DJI support but still no response after 4 days, but now the DJI GO App (android v4.2.4) now thinks I have a Mavic air so I can't even fly off the phone. What is going on? and are these 2 events related?
2018-2-1
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

Have you readed the manual? Download it from dji and see how you should link it back again.
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If you read my post you will see I have tried all methods, 3 second press, 9 second press of both, some of the weird and wonderful combinations suggested on you tube but the controller just beeps angrily at me and flashes red and as you have red now DJI GO thinks I have a mavic air. I am going to do a 6 second press and see if this will get the go app to recognise the spark but the controller issue remains the same
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Right so switching the spark to phone wifi then shifts the go app to recognise my equipment as a spark but not when in RC mode (3 second press)
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

OK things are getting weirder, the app cannot find my firmware version (should be the latest) so I plugged the spark into DJI assistant and it can't find the firmware version either!! I have tried with all 3 of my batteries and all say the same. Should I restore to factory defaults and try reloading the latest firmware in?
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Right, just to add to the ongoing saga of woe, the spark does not now seem to be giving out a wifi signal for DJI go to connect too (this has all happened in the last 10 minutes!!)
2018-2-1
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

I'd say you'd be best taking everything back to scratch and reload the firmware.
Forget the WiFi connections between your phone to the 5park & RC, then uninstall/reinstall the app (remember to sync your flight records before uninstalling).
When the app is reinstalled, follow the onscreen instructions to pair the devices again.
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the advice giving it a go now
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Reset to factory defaults in assistant. Deinstalled Go 4 and reinstalled. The RC is giving out a wifi signal, the spark is not ( 6 second press 2 beeps) I think this may be something to do with the sparks wifi output/ receiver so I'll see if DJI are interested in replying this time !!
2018-2-1
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Now reset the 5parks WiFi by holding the power button for 9 seconds (3 beeps).
You should now be able to pair the RC & AC.
Press the power button on the 5park for 3 seconds (1 beep), then on the remote, press & hold the Flight pause - Function - Customise buttons simultaneously.  If pairing is succesful, the LED on the remote will turn green.
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Same scenario I'm afraid. Spark's Wi-Fi returned after a 9 second press, as well as the RC wifi. Sparks wifi then disappeared. Did the linking procedure as directed by the app and it thinks it's connected but the remote is still beeping and the light is flashing red and green at the same time. It lets me go fly (and says firmware is up to date) but I suspect if I try it will be the same that I can use the controls on the screen but not the physical controls. Then did a 6 second 2 beep press to try and link to the phone and again the sparks wifi fails to show up. So something is not right somewhere as it's certainly not behaving as it should do.

I appreciate your efforts though
2018-2-1
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Last time this kept happening it was down to the latest Apple IOS update and the Go App. Caused the exact same issue. Would connect and then 10-15 seconds into flight would disco again and again. Took a short while to get to the bottom of it but got sorted. Noticed yesterday that another new IOS UD was waiting on my iPad. No longer have any DJI drones so won't affect me. Hope it's not another DJI/Apple battle.......
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply but I am on android but only started to happen after mavic air announced and I assume dji go updated
2018-2-1
Use props
Herbert Gantert
New

Germany

Phantom4 pro
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

? what ?
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What device are you using?
(mobile)
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-1 07:16
What device are you using?
(mobile)

Samsung S7. Upgraded to this phone after my old android phone could not cope with the DJI Go app and was laggy with loss of transmission. I have so far been impressed with the S7.
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yakboy Posted at 2018-2-1 07:47
Samsung S7. Upgraded to this phone after my old android phone could not cope with the DJI Go app and was laggy with loss of transmission. I have so far been impressed with the S7.

That should be good to go for the Go4 app
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-1 07:50
That should be good to go for the Go4 app

It's been fine for the 3 months I've owned it. I suspect that the issue is not the RC or the phone but something to do with the Wi-Fi circuitry on the spark
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yakboy Posted at 2018-2-1 08:17
It's been fine for the 3 months I've owned it. I suspect that the issue is not the RC or the phone but something to do with the Wi-Fi circuitry on the spark

Very strange indeed
2018-2-1
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like you've exhausted everything you can try on your own. Maybe time to call DJI and open a ticket?
2018-2-1
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Yakboy Posted at 2018-2-1 03:47
If you read my post you will see I have tried all methods, 3 second press, 9 second press of both, some of the weird and wonderful combinations suggested on you tube but the controller just beeps angrily at me and flashes red and as you have red now DJI GO thinks I have a mavic air. I am going to do a 6 second press and see if this will get the go app to recognise the spark but the controller issue remains the same

No open channels for the spark to use to connect to the controller.  How does the spectrum page look?  Lost of open channels for the Spark or are they all red columns?  My controller wouldn't link either until I changed to 5.8ghz.  Busy area I live in.
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've already contacted DJI  (twice) but no response yet. I will have a look at the channels but I live in a small village in North Yorkshire so we are not over-run with wi-fi traffic and the problem started when I was in the mountains in Austria with zero wi-fi signals around
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Yakboy Posted at 2018-2-1 11:13
I've already contacted DJI  (twice) but no response yet. I will have a look at the channels but I live in a small village in North Yorkshire so we are not over-run with wi-fi traffic and the problem started when I was in the mountains in Austria with zero wi-fi signals around

Sir, please provide me a screenshot of the image screen. Can you search the wifi of RC? If the DJI Assistan 2 can not recognize the firmware, please try the 1.2.0 or 1.2.2 version of DJI Assistant 2. Thanks for your support.  
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Elektra, please can you elaborate on what screen shot you want me to take. The RC wi-fi is OK and is visible to the phone and links to it. I could fly the drone from the phone a few days ago but not now
2018-2-1
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

OK so had a little spare time today so thought I would try and get a screen shot for Elektra, so went through the linking process (the app driven one)with the RC and it linked successfully !! and did a couple of  little test flights without issue. So I thought I would link it to the phone and see what happens, so 6 second ( 2 beep press). The drone is showing no wifi signal at all to the phone. So 3 second press (1beep) and tried to relink to controller. Would not link initially but did after another 3 second (1 beep) press and the GO 4 app relinked, so I don't know what is going on? Happy to be able to fly off the controller but still convinced there is something wrong with the drones Wi-Fi circuits and a little nervous to fly off the RC in case it delinks mid flight? Any idea's Elektra?
2018-2-4
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Just don’t fly at home or where there are other knows networks than the spark rc.
Otherwise your phone may reconnect to one of them during flight.
Also make sure home point is correctly set before takeoff.
2018-2-4
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Heliman,

The phone can discover and link to the RC without problems. It's just that in the past week the spark does not give out it's own Wi-Fi signal when you try to fly it with the phone only. This seems to indicate a problem with the drone and I am nervous that it at some point will no longer be controllable by the RC
2018-2-4
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Just as a reminder, that you do need to select spark from the DJI Go 4 app drop down menu as the default is MAVIC Air.  Probably you noticed that already.
2018-2-4
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yep noticed that but not when it detects the RC it changes over but as on wi_fi mode the drone isn't outputting a signal it doesn't change
2018-2-4
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Quick update, after a web chat with support today, I did the contacting as nobody had got back to me, the spark (& controller)is going back to DJI for them to take a look at so will update when they've figured out what's going on
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules