Some confusion regarding FCPX
533 5 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Addie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48704 ft
Pakistan

Hello guys, i wonder am i able to use videos shot by iphone 7 and the spark at the same time in a single project in FCPX?

Asking this because i shot 1080/60fps from my iphone and the spark shoots at 29.7fps something, so will there be any problem if i export the project in 29.7fps at the end because i can't decrease it or increase it as the spark's footage may become laggy. HELP!
2018-2-1
Use props
Addie
lvl.4
Pakistan

29.97fps spark footage*
2018-2-1
Use props
TheFlyingDutchmanInNorway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

You must decide what frame rate you want your Project to be.
Either way either your Spark footage OR iPhone footage (at 60 FPS) will be converted.
2018-2-1
Use props
Addie
lvl.4
Pakistan

TheFlyingDutchmanInNorway Posted at 2018-2-1 05:50
You must decide what frame rate you want your Project to be.
Either way either your Spark footage OR iPhone footage (at 60 FPS) will be converted.

so that means i cannot take the full advantage of the iphone video which is shot at 60fps for smoothness?
2018-2-1
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, you can combine them as the spark shoots at 30fps (29.97fps) and the iphone at 60fps the spark being half the fps as the phone. It would be tricky if you shot at say 24fps and 60fps.
You will need to work on a timeline set to output at 1080p@60fps.
Just remember, if your timeline is at 60fps and you add a spark clip, it will play the spark clip at 60fps or twice as fast. You will need to interpret this clip up to 60fps. You may need to use optical blend for the frame blending method too. What this does for example takes frame 1 and frame 2. looks at whats different and creates a new frame in between 1 and 2 and repeats this between each frame. Doubling the framerate to 60 without introducing stuttering or speeding up the footage.
What editor are you using?
2018-2-1
Use props
Addie
lvl.4
Pakistan

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-2-1 07:28
Yes, you can combine them as the spark shoots at 30fps (29.97fps) and the iphone at 60fps the spark being half the fps as the phone. It would be tricky if you shot at say 24fps and 60fps.
You will need to work on a timeline set to output at 1080p@60fps.
Just remember, if your timeline is at 60fps and you add a spark clip, it will play the spark clip at 60fps or twice as fast. You will need to interpret this clip up to 60fps. You may need to use optical blend for the frame blending method too. What this does for example takes frame 1 and frame 2. looks at whats different and creates a new frame in between 1 and 2 and repeats this between each frame. Doubling the framerate to 60 without introducing stuttering or speeding up the footage.

Thanks for the help, its a little hard to understand at the moment but thats another thing :p

Well im using FCPX
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules