stuck at connect controller
3802 12 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirSnaps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United Kingdom

Just tried to take the new Mavic air out and had a problem connecting the controller to my iPhone (Step 3 of the setup) it just wouldn't recognise that the phone is plugged in and the next button stayed grey rather than going blue. Mavic, controller, DJI go 4 and iPhone are all on latest versions of software. Went and got my ipad which is also on the latest ios and it worked straight away.

Any ideas what's going on here, is it just the typical poor DJI software and is there any way around it?
2018-2-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

did you try pulling the cable out of the bracket and inserting it properly into the phone ?  if not switch off the remote, insert the cable connector firmly (remove from the bracket and push the connector firmly into the phone) and then try connecting again. A friend here had the same problem, it turned out he was trying to connect the phone with a case on it and the connector cable was not inserted properly.
2018-2-1
Use props
AirSnaps
lvl.4
United Kingdom

cyborg Posted at 2018-2-1 06:42
did you try pulling the cable out of the bracket and inserting it properly into the phone ?  if not switch off the remote, insert the cable connector firmly (remove from the bracket and push the connector firmly into the phone) and then try connecting again. A friend here had the same problem, it turned out he was trying to connect the phone with a case on it and the connector cable was not inserted properly.

cable is definitely inserted fully, tried with case and with no case, I get the buzz when the cable goes in and the phone starts charging, just the DJI Go app doesn't see it.
2018-2-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

AirSnaps Posted at 2018-2-1 07:12
cable is definitely inserted fully, tried with case and with no case, I get the buzz when the cable goes in and the phone starts charging, just the DJI Go app doesn't see it.

not sure which iphone you're using. There were some issues with iphone8 (and iphone x too) connecting to the mavic remote reported earlier, you can take a look here..

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... i-go-4.26486/page-2

can't say much about the ios version and compatibility,  me being an android user.
2018-2-1
Use props
AirSnaps
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's an iphone 6.

Thanks for the link but most people on there seem to have been on older versions and the newer version of IOS fixed it. I'm already on the latest.
2018-2-1
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

AirSnaps Posted at 2018-2-1 07:55
It's an iphone 6.

Thanks for the link but most people on there seem to have been on older versions and the newer version of IOS fixed it. I'm already on the latest.

You mention the DJI Go app, but you are aware that you need the DJI Go 4 app?

EDIT: sorry, I see that you are.
2018-2-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

AirSnaps Posted at 2018-2-1 07:55
It's an iphone 6.

Thanks for the link but most people on there seem to have been on older versions and the newer version of IOS fixed it. I'm already on the latest.

did you try the bottom port too ? btw, i think you need to disconnect the micro usb side connector if you are trying the bottom usb port..
2018-2-1
Use props
AirSnaps
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tried the bottom port with an apple lightning cable and got the same thing, not sure I disconnected the micro usb cable though, I'll have to try that. Don't really want to be using that port though.
2018-2-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

AirSnaps Posted at 2018-2-1 08:09
Tried the bottom port with an apple lightning cable and got the same thing, not sure I disconnected the micro usb cable though, I'll have to try that. Don't really want to be using that port though.

i agree, you should be able to use the micro usb port itself, but this would be an option to try and see if it behaves any different.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AirSnaps Posted at 2018-2-1 08:09

You need to remove the left cable when trying to connect via the bottom port. For your issue, may I know the specific version of your iOS and DJI GO 4 app? The iOS v11.2.5 might have the compatibility issue with DJI GO 4.2.4, and now DJI GO 4.2.5 is releasing in stages. Please check if you can update to this version. If you are already in this version, please try if the bottom port works. Thank you.
2018-2-2
Use props
AirSnaps
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-2 01:56
You need to remove the left cable when trying to connect via the bottom port. For your issue, may I know the specific version of your iOS and DJI GO 4 app? The iOS v11.2.5 might have the compatibility issue with DJI GO 4.2.4, and now DJI GO 4.2.5 is releasing in stages. Please check if you can update to this version. If you are already in this version, please try if the bottom port works. Thank you.

DJI Go 4 - v4.2.5 (3072)
iPhone 6 - iOS 11.2.5 (15D60)
I'm taking the Air out again at lunch so I'll try it then and see how I get on.

Thanks.
2018-2-2
Use props
AirSnaps
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tried with the other port and it worked, I also got it working on the correct port but I had to close/open the app a couple of times before it picked it up. Very odd. Hopefully it's just the app playing up
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_Ieidlnv3ONvC
New

Singapore

Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue, but with Android 8.0.0 - Oneplus 5.
I have tried connecting the phone to both ports of the controller and the DJI app 4.2.4 still does not recognize it (stuck on step 3). The controller has the latest firmware.
I can connect the phone directly to the drone via wifi, but the controller is not linking to the app.
Anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks.
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules