630 7 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb6b8b7eb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237316 ft
Italy

After 2 months from the purchase of my Mavic, I had this problem:
                                                                                                  [size=11.000000pt]Problem Description [size=11.000000pt]- Few days before the crash occured, the drone used to show some intermittent signal relevant on DJI GO4 radio-control. The issue was already evident even considering very short distances. The above mentioned problem had not determined any flight troubles until the day of the crash when the drone – after having completed the take-off and reached 1 m altitude – resulted in a total out-of-control mode without any possibility at all of recovering it. Thereafter few seconds of uncontrolled hovering, I finally switch on the radio-control once more and re-establish the contact with the drone. By that time, I tried to land the drone but, on the contrary, the drone gained altitude again very quickly and at a very high speed without any possibility for me to restore the control on it and it crashed against a tree, remaining hung on the same tree. Once recovered the drone, I tried to reactivate it several times in order to ascertain the damages and during the inspection I discovered that the camera was leant slightly. Later I tried again to fly my drone and I detected an additional flitting about during the video live session with a partially black screen and, again, the previously reported intermittent signal of the symbol from the radio-control.
[size=11.000000pt]

[size=14.666666984558105px]After 1 month without news, I received a repair estimate of the cost of about € 100 for the replacement of 2 engines.
Hence an odyssey was born with which dji did not want to hear reasons. By asking me the choice to use or the dji care refresh at 99 € or repair at 100 €.
What makes me angry is that the crash was caused by a problem with the connection of the drone and not by my erroneous piloting.

But what left me most amazed is the fact that I sent the drone into repair for a camera problem and sent a repair quote for 2 engines.

The Italian assistance gave me the personal contact of the Dutch repair manager who, after writing an email, did not even answer me.

This is the mail:[size=12.800000190734863px],
[size=12.800000190734863px]My name is Paolo ******* and I am the owner of the DJI Mavik Pro Drone cas number CAS-************ and RMA ****
[size=12.800000190734863px]On 25 November 2017 the drone was returned to the costumer support for repairs, following a radio controller – drone connection malfunction that caused the drone to crash inducing a camera misalignment. As you can read from the incident report (annexed at the end of this email) the drone crash was due to a drone - radio controller system malfunction.
[size=12.800000190734863px]Mr *************i from Italian Assistance  explained to me that you cannot visualize the telemetry data relevant to 19 November 2017 (the crash day), but this seems strange to me do to the fact that I have provided to synchronize on DJIgo4 application the flight logs "versus everybody".   
[size=12.800000190734863px]In addition seems also strange to me that the repair estimate you sent me was relevant to the replacement of two engines and the drone case; whereas, as you can read in my crash report, after the crash the drone was able to fly, but was returned to the costumer support for the problems detected on the camera and the persistent connection problem experienced between the drone and the radio-controller.
[size=12.800000190734863px]Being a long time DJI customer, using your drones to perform my job, and since I'm waiting a reply from you for already two month, I kindly urge you to give me a quick and clear response about the feasibility that the repairs could be performed under warranty.
[size=12.800000190734863px]My opinion is that the drone warranty is fully applicable in this case because the damages were only due to a drone misbehaviour leading to an uncontrolled crash without any possibility by the pilot to recover controlled flight. On the contrary, in case the warranty could not be applied, I kindly ask you to provide me with an explanation and the reason for the replacement of two engines and the drone case listed in the repair estimate you sent me without mentioning any failure to the drone camera and radio-controller.

2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

That must have been frustrating for you, I'm sincerely sorry for the troubles. Could you leave your case number here? I've failed to get the case number via your forum info, please kindly confirm, thanks!
2018-2-1
Use props
Paolob
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 18:36
That must have been frustrating for you, I'm sincerely sorry for the troubles. Could you leave your case number here? I've failed to get the case number via your forum info, please kindly confirm, thanks!

Hi Susan, my cCAS NUMBER   :   CAS-1279749-J4K7L0.I decided to have it fixed because 2 months have passed and the drone is used to work.
If you want I have all the chat and email with your assistence.
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Paolob Posted at 2018-2-2 00:51
Hi Susan, my cCAS NUMBER   :   CAS-1279749-J4K7L0.I decided to have it fixed because 2 months have passed and the drone is used to work.
If you want I have all the chat and email with your assistence.

I will forward your case to the local team to help on this. Sorry for the difficulties again.
2018-2-2
Use props
Paolob
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-2 22:38
I will forward your case to the local team to help on this. Sorry for the difficulties again.

Hi..how are you?have you news of my case? thanks
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Paolob Posted at 2018-2-8 02:02
Hi..how are you?have you news of my case? thanks

Hi Paolob, since the previous case was registered by the information of your dealer, our supervisor has contacted your dealer for more details, did your dealer contact you?
2018-2-8
Use props
Paolob
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-8 02:19
Hi Paolob, since the previous case was registered by the information of your dealer, our supervisor has contacted your dealer for more details, did your dealer contact you?

Hi...NO.
He don't contact me..
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Paolob Posted at 2018-2-8 03:01
Hi...NO.
He don't contact me..

If so, could you please provide me with your contact info? I will tag it in the case log. Thank you very much.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules