Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with Assistant 2 ver. 1.2.2 for Windows
4830 16 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Got message about updating the NFZ database.  Didn't work through the Apple iPad Pro with cellular connected to the P4 Std.

Plugged the P4 into a WIndows computer with Assitant 2 ver. 1.2.2 and it wanted me to sign in since I installed it being new.

Turns out I cannot sign in as the Captcha code isn't working right.  I get some cryptic symbol unrelated to anythign on a keyboard.  Tried it numerous times and once emailand password is entered, the Captcha sysmbol reappaears and is still the cryptic one.

See image:

Unknown Captcha.

Unknown Captcha.
2018-2-1
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

windows 10 ?   
2018-2-1
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I've also received the same update message but couldn't update, don't know why. On the next day message disappeared, and no new basic precise fly database was updated. But i've never seen this symbol :O
2018-2-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

Yes.  Windows 10-64x all updates and current, etc.

Okay.  Version 1.2.2 is busted with 10-64x here.

Deleted and reinstalled old Assistant 2 version 1.2.0 and Captcha now works and able to log in (Small yay!).

However, the " Precise Fly Database" warning is now coming up when beginning to fly.   Back home to use Assistant 2 version 1.2.0 (Which also is broken for the "Update Failed: Upload Data Log" Javascript error when it reports to the Windows Store.), and now I have no ability to update the " Precise Fly Database" using Windows as nothing transfers to the drone, neither firmware nor database using Assistant 2 1.20 or the busted log-in version 1.2.2.

Isn't working trying to update the " Precise Fly Database" using the iPad Air 2 either in the field (iPad has cellular too.).  So that "Update in the field" part is also busted with the Apple.

I think DJI Assistant 2 is officially broke as far as Windows 10-64 is concerned.  I had to do the P4 version .700 firmware via the iPad Air 2 which worked, but their " Precise Fly Database" does not work on the iPad Air 2 now, nor will it install after it downloads with Windows 10 and Assistant 1.2.0 or the broken log-in Captcha with 1.2.2 either.

Just great.  
2018-2-1
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

i know some people solvet it in another win 7 Machine ..
2018-2-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

I suspect with Windows 10-64x, the downloads download into the computer, but they do not go to the drone to install.  Happens with both firmware and the NFZ updates both using Assistant 2 v1.2.0 here.

With Apple and the Precise Fly/NFZ update, the screen with the "Hook up phone/tablet to the drone with the cable and hit OK" screen does nothing beyond that.  With Windows 10-64x, it opened the "Downloading" window if approved (But then stalls on installation with the yellow "Update Failed" Send Update Log" which opens some window with a selection to "Search" but the only ability to click the Yes button goes to MS Windows Store which reports a Javascript error.).

However, I'm not even getting to the "Downloading" window for the Precise Fly/NFZ update with the the Apples.

Below is the infamous Windows 10-64x error screen using Assistant 2 v1.2.0 following any completed firmware or NFZ update "Downloading" shown below:

Update Failed screen.

Update Failed screen.
2018-2-1
Use props
phmkingston
lvl.3
Flight distance : 469147 ft
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-1 12:39
I suspect with Windows 10-64x, the downloads download into the computer, but they do not go to the drone to install.  Happens with both firmware and the NFZ updates both using Assistant 2 v1.2.0 here.

With Apple and the Precise Fly/NFZ update, the screen with the "Hook up phone/tablet to the drone with the cable and hit OK" screen does nothing beyond that.  With Windows 10-64x, it opened the "Downloading" window if approved (But then stalls on installation with the yellow "Update Failed" Send Update Log" which opens some window with a selection to "Search" but the only ability to click the Yes button goes to MS Windows Store which reports a Javascript error.).

I get exactly the same error message using 64 bit Windows 10. Have tried many things without resolve. Had to update via Go App
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The Captcha code will be available if there are strong internet. Regarding the firmware and database update, may I know what's the current version? Please kindly offer a screenshot in About page for check. Alternatively, you can change to another PC to verify.
2018-2-2
Use props
P4Mano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-1 12:39

With Apple and the Precise Fly/NFZ update, the screen with the "Hook up phone/tablet to the drone with the cable and hit OK" screen does nothing beyond that.  With Windows 10-64x, it opened the "Downloading" window if approved (But then stalls on installation with the yellow "Update Failed" Send Update Log" which opens some window with a selection to "Search" but the only ability to click the Yes button goes to MS Windows Store which reports a Javascript error.).

I also had this problem!
try with windows 10 (32bits) with me it works !
2018-2-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-2 00:20
Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The Captcha code will be available if there are strong internet. Regarding the firmware and database update, may I know what's the current version? Please kindly offer a screenshot in About page for check. Alternatively, you can change to another PC to verify.

Susan, problem solved.

I deleted Assistant 2 ver. 1.2.2 from Windows 10-64x and reinstalled Assistant 2. ver. 1.2.0 where the Captcha again worked.  Prior, ver. 1.2.2 Captcha was done same spot in house with WiFi as was reinstalled 1.2.0 which the Captcha worked again.

Don't know why the Captcha never worked right in version 1.2.2 other than version 1.2.0 is still on the P4 std. page when I downloaded it and got the version 1.2.2 off the Mavic Air page as others suggested.

Other issues ensued though with the Fly Safe updates which were taken care of using a Android phone.   Assistant 2 1.2.0 refused to load Precise Fly Safe update into the drone (Download worked, but would not go to drone without the "Update Failed: Upload Data Log" error common with Assistant 2 with the firmware as well.

The Precise Fly Safe also did not load into the drone using an Apple iPad Air 2 either  (Some say it loads using an iPhone though but not an iPad.  ???).  Since neither Assistant 2 nor the iPad Air 2 would load the Fly Safe updates, I used a Android phone and got it to load and work and all seems updated now.  

Aside, I also had to update the Fly Safe in the Inspire 2 from its iPad Pro and it went without a hitch.  Something in the P4 Std. seems to balk at loading the software into it from Windows 10-64x (Upload Failed error message.) as well as the iPad Air 2 which just sits there and hitting the OK to update does nothing.

Lots of bugs!
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-2 07:50
Susan, problem solved.

I deleted Assistant 2 ver. 1.2.2 from Windows 10-64x and reinstalled Assistant 2. ver. 1.2.0 where the Captcha again worked.  Prior, ver. 1.2.2 Captcha was done same spot in house with WiFi as was reinstalled 1.2.0 which the Captcha worked again.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our engineers are working on the DJI Assistant 2 and would like to offer better service in the future. Again, we apologize for the troubles.
2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_lifukranURwR
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-2 00:20

Strong internet? To see the Captcha code? I do not believe that is the problem. Please fix this!
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_lifukranURwR Posted at 2018-3-14 07:53
Strong internet? To see the Captcha code? I do not believe that is the problem. Please fix this!

I've checked at our end, and sorry to tell you that the issue did not recur. The troubleshooting will be helpful to confirm the exact status. Appreciate your cooperation.
2018-3-15
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

1.2.4 and the Capcha code still doesn't work!

edi: we have found the issue and are working on a fix, it was a website the CAPCHA resides on that was being blocked.
2018-6-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

Fwiw, I cannot log into this site via Firefox's latest version 60.0.2.  The Captcha code window does not load at all, just the email addy and password work.  For me to now get in to this forum, I have to use Windows Edge.

Probably time to retire Captcha overall since I had problems with it using Assistant 2 in 1.2.2 above until I rolled back to an older Assistant 2.

2018-6-8
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You don't think like DarkZero has posted above that you have some firewall/antivirus software that block something for you?
I am using latest Firefox on Win10 x64 and has no problems beside i have it very hard interpreting those dammed things, specially those with small pictures in a grid.
2018-6-8
Use props
gjbevil
New

United States

The problem I found out is that I was trying to link my smart controller to DJI Assistant 2.  My Mavic 2 Pro and my Mavic 2 Zoom both linked without a hitch.   Then I noticed there is another DJI assistant 2 for Mavic program.  I downloaded that and my Smart Controller linked up perfectly.  Site below.  Unfortunately its battery had drained, so I don't know if the update to the latest  soft ware will  work or not.   Hope this helps.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules