No student discount on the MPP?
1978 22 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

So the student discount help is on specific orders only? The Mavic Pro platinum doesn't apply for students? That means i'm stuck with the Mavic Pro if i use the 10% discount code?
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe so as the platinum is still a relatively new product which is why no official dealers will discount it either.
2018-2-1
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-2-1 11:37
I believe so as the platinum is still a relatively new product which is why no official dealers will discount it either.

Student discount on a drone...
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kimosabe Posted at 2018-2-1 11:48
Student discount on a drone...

And one that is silent and flies for miles
2018-2-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-2-1 11:49
And one that is silent and flies for miles

lol, students make much less salary. If i want a drone one day (been saving 50$ a week since dinosaur age) , 10% is like the minimum to help a broke Canadian student out lol...  
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-1 12:24
lol, students make much less salary. If i want a drone one day (been saving 50$ a week since dinosaur age) , 10% is like the minimum to help a broke Canadian student out lol...

Only messing mate - we've all been there! The original Mavic Pro is still an excellent drone to start out with or what about the new Mavic Air which is even cheaper?
2018-2-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-2-1 12:27
Only messing mate - we've all been there! The original Mavic Pro is still an excellent drone to start out with or what about the new Mavic Air which is even cheaper?

I would like to have the extra range on the MP. With the student discount the MP fly more combo comes out to like 1170$..So only like 170$ more.

I don't think i'll be able to afford another drone until i finish my studies (another 3 years to go). Won't be upgrading soon. The MP 4 will be out by then hehe
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-1 12:30
I would like to have the extra range on the MP. With the student discount the MP fly more combo comes out to like 1170$..So only like 170$ more.

I don't think i'll be able to afford another drone until i finish my studies (another 3 years to go). Won't be upgrading soon. The MP 4 will be out by then hehe

Take my advice - get the standard combo of the Platinum with one extra battery, a good set of ND filters and a decent shoulder bag and landing pad with a 32gb Micro SD card - forget the rest and save the difference. 2 batteries will give you a solid 50 minutes in the air with one pit stop.
2018-2-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-2-1 12:33
Take my advice - get the standard combo of the Platinum with one extra battery, a good set of ND filters and a decent shoulder bag and landing pad with a 32gb Micro SD card - forget the rest and save the difference. 2 batteries will give you a solid 50 minutes in the air with one pit stop.

Ordered the Lowepro protactic already (I have a dSLR and a 18-140mm to carry with my drone)

I'll be doing the camper van in iceland so i figured I would need 3 batteries and car charger with hub

In my savings, i've considered the MP fly more combo, i've considered a 32gb SD card, ND filters (vivid collection) and a rugged 2TB hard drive for working my files on. Do you approve?

2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-1 12:38
Ordered the Lowepro protactic already (I have a dSLR and a 18-140mm to carry with my drone)

I'll be doing the camper van in iceland so i figured I would need 3 batteries and car charger with hub

Um - Yes LOL - For a road trip for sure! Go and get it and don't look back
2018-2-1
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-2-1 12:41
Um - Yes LOL - For a road trip for sure! Go and get it and don't look back

hahaha ok that was more clear
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Harry, sorry to tell Mavic Pro Platinum doesn't support Education discount at the moment. You can see the supported drones on this web. Thank you for understanding.
2018-2-2
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-2 00:40
Harry, sorry to tell Mavic Pro Platinum doesn't support Education discount at the moment. You can see the supported drones on this web. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks! If the MPP doesn't go on the list, i'll just have to stick with purchasing the MP, still an awesome drone !
2018-2-2
Use props
Theppgcowboy
lvl.3
United States

If you don't vacation in Iceland you can afford your mpp. Problem solved.
2018-2-2
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

Theppgcowboy Posted at 2018-2-2 06:26
If you don't vacation in Iceland you can afford your mpp. Problem solved.

True but false story haha. I live in Montreal with no car, its a highly populated city with a lot of buildings. Travelling triggered the idea of purchasing the drone!

Hopefully i'll find some time and place to film around here.
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I was trying to scrape by for cost of tuition and books. Never once thought about a student discount for a luxury........
I wonder if the Porche dealer gives student discount............ cough cough.
2018-2-2
Use props
NolocProduction
lvl.2
United States

Heres a tip. Im a student too.

I have Amazon Prime Student account. I bought my MPP off Amazon but before I purchased I used the CHAT feature to chat with a rep and asked about possibly getting a student discount because DJI offers one (I didnt know it didnt apply to Platinum, oops!).

Rep gave me 20% refund after I placed the order.

Use the Chat feature. The reps have to handle multiple chats at the same time so they do whatever they can to get make you satisfied and happy as fast possible.
2018-2-2
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

NolocProduction Posted at 2018-2-2 07:37
Heres a tip. Im a student too.

I have Amazon Prime Student account. I bought my MPP off Amazon but before I purchased I used the CHAT feature to chat with a rep and asked about possibly getting a student discount because DJI offers one (I didnt know it didnt apply to Platinum, oops!).

thanks for the tip! I'll give it a shot when the time comes!
2018-2-2
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

Bulldog Posted at 2018-2-2 07:35
I was trying to scrape by for cost of tuition and books. Never once thought about a student discount for a luxury........
I wonder if the Porche dealer gives student discount............ cough cough.

Let me know if they do

Student discounts is apart of the culture here in montreal. 99% of local businesses offers a discount to students. Weather its 10% on a 2$ espresso, a 10$ car wash or even buy shoes and clothes to meals and drinks! It's marketing!

So whenever i want to spend a 1$, I'll always ask if there's a student discount. That was my concern on the MPP.

Think about it. Let's say my student budget is to spend 10 000$ (hypothetical number) a year on whatever it is, at the end of the year 10% is 1000$ and 15-20% is almost 2000$!
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

I need a student discount for a private jet but that damn Boeing ain't doing those lately.
2018-2-2
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

It's a shame that the Mavic Pro Platinum is an exception here. For students every dollar counts!
2018-2-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-2-2 07:49
Let me know if they do  

Student discounts is apart of the culture here in montreal. 99% of local businesses offers a discount to students. Weather its 10% on a 2$ espresso, a 10$ car wash or even buy shoes and clothes to meals and drinks! It's marketing!

Well....... I support all that. I like private business doing things without government telling them they have to. Kind of like military discounts. Good luck with your studies. Flying a drone sounds like a fantastic way to blow off some steam.
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_8R388N3BtTuI
New

United States

Poor students always want discounts on something. If I ever need something I get it  - no matter with or without  discount.
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules