1356 5 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hello,
Just introducing myself and happy to express my excitement about being on the preorder list for a new Phantom 3 Advanced.
I was invited to attend the local DJI New Pilot Experience here, and wasn't quite sure what all, I would see and learn there.
Upon witnessing the quality built into these new units, instantly captivated me, also by the current new technology available including Lightbridge.
That technology cost more than this unit combined with a Tx, only a year or so ago. Now it's built in an included with the purchase.
You would have had to buy an Inspire 1 to have that onboard, before the Phantom 3 came out this month with it included.
I also really like the flying SIM built into the Pilot App. This will come in handy on those rainy days, or other times when the weather doesn't permit much airtime outdoors.
I am new to the forum, and haven't had a lot of time to read many of the older threads, but it seems like a great bunch of members here, who mostly all seem to get along with each other... You need a thick shell on most forums anyways, but yeah... Mostly Friendly Banter.

Looking forward to learning, sharing and flying with some of you in the near future...

RedHotPoker
2015-4-27
Use props
pooljunki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641148 ft
United States

welcome to the forum hopefully we will be flying soon
2015-4-27
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Congrats!  On your new purchase, and happy piloting
2015-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Thanks @pooljunki and @Bobcat90!!
Yes, I too wonder how long, until these deliveries will land, at our hobby shops for pickup, beyond mid May?
Thankfully we are getting into this new adventure near the beginning of release date.
So even though it won't be too long, the anticipation will have to build a bit longer...

It's going to be fun, unboxing the Phantom 3, for the very first time, charging the batteries and playing on the SIM... Eager to take her up.

RedHotPoker
2015-4-28
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Welcome to the forums. Take everything you read with a grain of salt. DJI needs to improve on some things, but overall they make a good product.  What is your experience level with Drones or RC in general?
2015-4-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hi @Gatorone30,
Thanks, Yeah, with a few grains of course sea salt... ;-)
Yes I am seeing the improvements over the first iteration, from DJI, in only a few or ten years, pretty awesome, so far.

I have been toying with RC models for only a couple of fun years myself.
Bought an HPI Savage X 4.6 Big Block as my beginning into RC. Then discovered I liked flying so purchased an entry level Parrot AR.Drone 2.0.
That is a simple fun craft, in its own way, but very limited. Then I bought a Heli-Max 1SG with a Tactic Any Link, connecting my Spectrum DX6i. Just for laughs I have  a tiny Traxxas QR-1. A few months later, a bit bigger Blade mQX Quad was acquired. Then it was time to get serious about flying. So I went big. And bought an Align T-Rex 700E DFC HV kit, to assemble. It was a lot of work, for an amateur first time heli builder. The final build steps and electronics will have to be completed by an expert/friend setting up the ESC, SERVOS, Digital configurations with electronics and Tx, batteries, charger... In the meantime, I bought myself a Blade mcpX BL, and Spectrum DX8 just to keep in practice and muscle memory.
So, I am with very little experience, actually... ;-)
But it's a lot of fun learning. Crashing, not so much... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2015-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules