632 5 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just wanted to say that I don't have the problems that some are experiencing (yet) and I really enjoy the bright screen in the sunlight without a shade. The extra stuff you get like hdmi out and dual sd slots make this a killer unit.   

I am getting concerned about the whole update situation.

I just thought I would post this for anyone who doesn't already have this monitor and is wondering if they should get one.

Sometimes all you see are the bad things in the forums.

I hope others here get things straightened out as well.

Fly On!
2018-2-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you using a CS Ultra, most of the issues are with the Ultra, I've only heard of one panel failure with the 5.5
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

lannes Posted at 2018-2-1 16:00
Are you using a CS Ultra, most of the issues are with the Ultra, I've only heard of one panel failure with the 5.5

I own both 7,8 Ultra and 7,8 Normal.
At the moment, the overheating issue only appears with the Ultra CS. No prob with the norrmal 7,8.
2018-2-1
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Yes the whole update issue is very concerning and anyone considering buying a Crystalsky need to be aware that;
- at present it is several updates behind with the DJI Go 4 app
- at present it will not work with all DJI drones, namely the new Mavic Air.
- at present it can not be connected via cable to all DJI drones.
- at present it cannot be mounted via the DJI CS mount to all DJI drones.
- at present DJI has been silent about the points above.

IMO it is still the best screen available for viewing in bright sunlight but the drawbacks are quickly adding up.

2018-2-2
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do have the Ultra. I forgot to state that.
2018-2-2
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this is going to sound kind of weird but it worked.  I hadn't flown my Mavic for quite sometime so I was behind in maintenance along with my Crystalsky.  I was able to update my Crystalsky but not my Mavic.  It kept on failing .... even if I used the DJI Assistant 2.  I wound up putting my MAC Mini on my Mavic controller and the update went through.  I am now once agin able to get my Crystalsky to work.  My symptoms where a such:  I wasn't able to connect to my Mavic in Crystalsky but my controller was.  Now that everything is updated, everything works great.  Just wanted to share with you all what worked for me.
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules