Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom.CH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47156 ft
Switzerland

Hi there,

Tom from Switzerland...
After about one year flyming my Mavic Pro using a Nexus 6P phone, I got my new Mavic Air today and changed my phone to a Nokia 8.

So here is my issue, on my Nexus 6P the App runs fine with the controller of the Mavic Air but on my Nokia it keeps asking what to do with the remote controller (USB Device).
Stangely the Nokia works like a charm with my Mavic Pro controller... So the issue is caused by the Mavic Air controller...

Does anyone have an idea about this issue?

Regrads Tom
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tom, as you mentioned that Google Nexus 6p works fine with the Mavic Air controller, it shouldn't be the issue of the controller. I suggest that you can try to reinstall the latest DJI GO 4 app on your Nokia 8, please note to back up the files and sync the records to the cloud before reinstallation. Or try to change another connecting cable, note to resolve the left cable first when using the USB port on the bottom of the RC. If it doesn't help, it might be the compatibility issue, fly with the Google Nexus 6p or try to wait for the next DJI GO 4 app update. Thank you.
2018-2-1
Use props
PitSwiss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93615 ft
Switzerland

Same here: Mavic Air and Nokia 8, Nokia keeps to open up USB for data traffic, won't let you enter "yes". So I switched on Developer Mode on the Nokia and deactivated USBrestrictions, restarted phone, now it does not ask about the usb, but still won't connect to the controller.
2018-2-2
Use props
PitSwiss
lvl.1
Switzerland

That's strange as Nokia 8 is a pure Android without any bloatware.
2018-2-2
Use props
PitSwiss
lvl.1
Switzerland

Same problem here, same configuration. Nokia 8 keeps asking about using SUB but won't accept answers; I activated Developer mode and deactivated USB restrictions on the Nokia, now it asks just once but stilll won't connect to the controller. Nokia 8 is pure Android, no bloatware or other.
2018-2-2
Use props
Tom.CH
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-1 22:29
Tom, as you mentioned that Google Nexus 6p works fine with the Mavic Air controller, it shouldn't be the issue of the controller. I suggest that you can try to reinstall the latest DJI GO 4 app on your Nokia 8, please note to back up the files and sync the records to the cloud before reinstallation. Or try to change another connecting cable, note to resolve the left cable first when using the USB port on the bottom of the RC. If it doesn't help, it might be the compatibility issue, fly with the Google Nexus 6p or try to wait for the next DJI GO 4 app update. Thank you.

Strange thin about is that it works (Mavic Air controller) on a Nexus 6P, a Nexus 5X as well as a HTC U11... But not on the Nokia 8, neither using the side-USB nor the alternative USB port... Either different cables are not changing the game at all...

Regarding that the same Nokia 8 is working fine using the Mavic Pro controller doesn't make me think it's a Nokia issue rather than a firmware issue on the Mavic Air controller...

Anyone other here facing the same issue as I and PitSwiss are facing... even on other android devices?
2018-2-2
Use props
Tom.CH
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi there, once more....

I've been able to update my Nokia 8 to Android 8.1.0, just as the Nexus 5x and 6P I'used to, but unfortunately it did not resolve my USB connection issue with the Mavic Air controller.

so here we go again, hoping for a firmware update on the controller...

Regards, Tom
2018-2-5
Use props
PitSwiss
lvl.1
Switzerland

Tom.CH Posted at 2018-2-5 09:27
Hi there, once more....

I've been able to update my Nokia 8 to Android 8.1.0, just as the Nexus 5x and 6P I'used to, but unfortunately it did not resolve my USB connection issue with the Mavic Air controller.

Tom, ich hab's - found it.

First, activate developer mode in your Nokia:

look for "Settings/About device/Build Number"

Tap on the Number seven times (no joke - after two times, a dialog appeares, telling you how many taps remain.)

After that, "developer settings" ("Entwickleroptionen") are available under Settings/System.

In there, scroll down to "Debugging" and toogle on "USB Debugging").

Not done yet!

scroll further down (way down) to Choose USB configuration ("USB-Konfiguration auswählen"), where it says charging ("wird aufgeladen") and tap on it.

Screenshot_aufgeladen.png

in the following dialog, chose "RNDIS (USB-Ethernet)".

Screenshot_20180208-123120.png

Quit settings, maybe restart your phone.

Plug it into the dji controller. Answer dialog when asked wheter to authorize USB data transfer.

Fly your Air!
2018-2-8
Use props
djiuser_V17tM6mmiW5O
New
Germany

That really solved it for me...

But you should not restart your phone, because that causes a reset of the USB-Settings.

Thanks a lot
2018-2-14
Use props
djiuser_H8ZQTxXWrRau
New

Yes, it really works for me too but reboot resets this developer option. Does anybody know if DJI or Nokian is going to chnage this strange USB behaviour? I mean I new controller FW version might fix this?!
2018-3-30
Use props
Wicked1
New
United Kingdom

I am a brand new Mavic user, and have a Nokia 8. I thought I was going mad until I saw your thread. For me too the phone does not talk to the controller. Is there any sign of a real fix for this?
2018-5-1
Use props
Nokia 8 User
lvl.1

PitSwiss Posted at 2018-2-8 12:30

yup me too, my Air just showed up today. im finding that even after changing the USB mode to RNDIS the instant i unplug the controller the mode switches back, any way around this?
Im not sure if DJI can fix this but please for the love of god try! trying to do firmware updates with this going on in the background is painful and really not a good first user experience.
2018-5-2
Use props
EirikViking
New

Norway

Same issue! Nokia 7 plus with stock Android 8.1 and a mavic air!
2018-5-27
Use props
Lansetti
New
Finland

Same here. Nokia 6.1 with stock Android 8.1 and a Mavic Air.
2018-6-8
Use props
djiuser_xX3nOTk10cuH
lvl.1
Czechia

EirikViking Posted at 2018-5-27 13:42

Hello. Did you make the controller work according to the instructions that Tom.CH added? Or it did not work? Next week I wanted to by Nokia 7 plus...
2018-6-9
Use props
djiuser_xX3nOTk10cuH
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi there
Maybe it helps this setting in the DJI application ... I do not have a phone (nokia) on which I would try it.
1. go to section "Me"
2. tap to Gear icon in top right corner
3. Enable USB Developer option (USB Debugging)

2018-6-11
Use props
King Alawaka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250968 ft
Thailand

This solution works for me. But after disconnect from remote settings are changed. before connecting the phone better to change to USB Ethernet setting. Thanks a lot for the answer
2018-6-14
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Anyone on this thread find a long term solution for this problem? Suffering the same (on an HTC).
2018-8-30
Use props
Harold Glenn Causing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302904 ft
Philippines

EirikViking Posted at 2018-5-27 13:42

Hi EirikVikig, do you have new update about nokia 7 plus connecting to the controller of Mavic Air?
2018-9-16
Use props
Jan Sierens0
New

Belgium

Harold Glenn Causing Posted at 2018-9-16 01:25
Hi EirikVikig, do you have new update about nokia 7 plus connecting to the controller of Mavic Air?

The work around posted by PitSwiss works for me. You do need to repeat it each time before connecting the usb and starting the app. Also if you power toggle the controller, you will need to re-enable rndis.
2018-9-28
Use props
OlliK
lvl.1

Finland

Jan Sierens0 Posted at 2018-9-28 05:32
The work around posted by PitSwiss works for me. You do need to repeat it each time before connecting the usb and starting the app. Also if you power toggle the controller, you will need to re-enable rndis.

Hello Everyone!
Good news for users with Nokia 7 Plus.

I bought this phone few weeks ago and was extremely annoyed as it did not work with DJI Spark + Controller setup. Could not get connection with OTG cable, nor with WIFI to the controller. Never tried actually to connect directly to the spark, as had the controller.

Anyhow,
after I installed new Android 9 patch everything started to work like a charm, except OTG thing (maeby I have wrong cable, not DJI one).

Some rare occasions I have had extreme video lag, but always related to a error message saying something about "Video cache full".

I am little lazy to scroll up the forums, this post I found with Google so, I hope I don't push this thread up for no good reason. So, if there is better topics around about this matter, so this might be worth to mention in other threads too.
2018-10-17
Use props
ohaeman
New
Flight distance : 235148 ft
New Zealand

Your post saved me brother.
Thank you heaps. I running Nokia 8 with older Mavic Air classic.
Go fly again, yee haa
2-8 14:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules