1402 17 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well i like to get the crystal sky screen. I easily can get this from several retailers  her in the netherlands, but unfortunately all mounts ( for mavic and phantom 4 pro) are out of stock everywhere, also in the dji store. Its really not a good thing that they didnot include some kind of adjustable mount or mounts in the package and because of the lack of mounts it holds me back buying one as i cannot use it .

Suchba expensive item depending on a mount?
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There are many third party mounts on the market, but you have a point.
One of the biggest problems with CS is dji don’t seem interested in updating software CS still on 4.1.18, where as android now on 4.1.24, so very frustrating and as usual no word from dji.
2018-2-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 12:06
There are many third party mounts on the market, but you have a point.
One of the biggest problems with CS is dji don’t seem interested in updating software CS still on 4.1.18, where as android now on 4.1.24, so very frustrating and as usual no word from dji.

One only example of troubled CS is disappearing "Tap To Focus" feature in Go 4 app, obviously when used with Inspire camera ... After several days of dealing with CS I still have no idea how to get it back ...
2018-2-1
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am using now ipad mini 4 , but want to try the cs in the hope there will not be very bad image transmission. Also used the iphone x , with a little bit less bad transmission. When is am flying i am full of adrenaline when seeing bad videotransmission starts ,and constantly have bad feeling and not flying relaxed.btw with the mavic pro no problem. But the p4p very very bad.
Does any of you encounter bad transmission with the cs.?
2018-2-1
Use props
fanse7d78dd3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buy from Mavmount it also fits crystal sky
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-2-1 12:27
One only example of troubled CS is disappearing "Tap To Focus" feature in Go 4 app, obviously when used with Inspire camera ... After several days of dealing with CS I still have no idea how to get it back ...

Sometimes only way is to do a simple reset.
2018-2-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 12:43
Sometimes only way is to do a simple reset.

Would you happen to know how to perform CS reset, Brother Hallmark?
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-2-1 15:19
Would you happen to know how to perform CS reset, Brother Hallmark?

Go to settings, down to personal then click on backup & reset, then factory data reset, after this you can do the necessary download to get you back to where you started.
2018-2-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 15:44
Go to settings, down to personal then click on backup & reset, then factory data reset, after this you can do the necessary download to get you back to where you started.

Been there, did that (now I remember!) ... no success: Tap To Focus green square didn't re-appear ... Gonna try again anyway, maybe with Go 4 app re-installation? ... Joy-oh-joy ...
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-2-1 12:27
One only example of troubled CS is disappearing "Tap To Focus" feature in Go 4 app, obviously when used with Inspire camera ... After several days of dealing with CS I still have no idea how to get it back ...

Hey Matthew, we have been aware of this issue and will fix it in the next APP of CrystalSky. Sorry about this. Please try to focus manually at this moment.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, we're sorry about this. We will update if the Mounting Bracket restocked. Please click the In Stock Reminder to get the notification.
2018-2-1
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

One of the biggest problems with CS is dji don’t seem interested in updating software CS still on 4.1.18, where as android now on 4.1.24, so very frustrating and as usual no word from dji.

They are interested to update the CS it´s just that the release cycle is no aligned with the standalone Android app release since it need to be integrated in the CS operating systems package. Probably you could run the latest Android standalone on the CS you just have to install it. This would however contradict the whole point of using the CS as a device optimised for just running one app  with low latency, local maps (temporary disabled) etc..
2018-2-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

That´s a pity that the mount is out of stock, guess I was lucky to get hold of the mount. I was a bit concerned over the price but I was in for a surprise once in arrived. A lot of engineering whent into the mount and its rock solid. Also when you turn on the controller the CS turns on automatically. Personally I have the CS to be a) able to fly in really cold temperatures where ordinary devices just die after a while b) be able to stand in direct sunligt during winter and summer, where ordinary devices are useless unless you find a spot in the shade.
2018-2-6
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Really sad and unacceptable about support for Crystal Sky, since it is so expensive.
I had my heart on purchasing a 7.85 ultra bright in a few weeks but am now having some serious reservations.
In your opinion, is it still worth purchasing and do you think all of the issues complained about will be resolved soon.
Here is a slight comparison of the CS cost. For a little more than the CS, I just upgraded our desktop computer at home. That included 32gb of ram, A 500gb ssd drive to run the OS, a nice Nvidia video card, and a 27 inch 4k monitor.
2018-2-7
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello
Coming back to my issue regarding no mounts in stock for the phantom 4 pro controller and crystal sky. I noticed that there are reviews from back to june 2017 that mount for p4p and crystal sky. So still figuring out if it makes sense to buy a crystal sky as you can not put it on the controller. So anyone has suggestions for third party product? I cannot find anything . I csnnot image the sale of the screen goes very well. Maybe someone has a suggestion
2018-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rickyber Posted at 2018-2-7 19:01
Really sad and unacceptable about support for Crystal Sky, since it is so expensive.
I had my heart on purchasing a 7.85 ultra bright in a few weeks but am now having some serious reservations.
In your opinion, is it still worth purchasing and do you think all of the issues complained about will be resolved soon.

I can’t tell you when update will come, but hopefully soon, I can tell you that the 7.85 is an exceptional monitor and has the potential to be a great monitor with updates, it is the way to go and yes I would advise getting it for both using when filming and for use in rewatching work you have done.
2018-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-7 22:36
Hello
Coming back to my issue regarding no mounts in stock for the phantom 4 pro controller and crystal sky. I noticed that there are reviews from back to june 2017 that mount for p4p and crystal sky. So still figuring out if it makes sense to buy a crystal sky as you can not put it on the controller. So anyone has suggestions for third party product? I cannot find anything . I csnnot image the sale of the screen goes very well. Maybe someone has a suggestion

Mounts should be back in stock soon, IMO you would be better waiting for dji mount it works really well, hopefully they will have it soon.
2018-2-8
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi hallmark

Do you have the 7.85 normal ine or the ultra. I wonder if the 7.85 normal monitor is also good ,
as ultra is too xpensive for my budget
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules