Finally got to stretch Spark's wings and fly!
831 18 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I've been flying around in my yard since purchasing the Spark Fly Less package in December.

Today I took a short drive to a local park/recreation center/dog park and let the Spark loose.  So much fun!  With some wide open fields, I was able to try out the RTH function without worrying about hitting anything.  It worked great and came back nearly to the spot where it took off.  I grabbed a sphere pano while messing about and a few shallow focus photos.

It really was liberating to get the Spark in an environment where I could safely learn to fly it.  I'll be returning to this park more often to practice.  Then it will be out and about to different locations to shoot some interesting videos and photos.  I hope! LOL!

Here's one of the shallow focus shots from the park.

LeeAndCR-Z.jpg
2018-2-1
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

So nice to see you got out to play with your Spark. The shallow focus effect looks nice. I'm still trying to figure out how that works with the Spark. I was out over the weekend and played with the Dronie effect. It's so much fun, isn't it?
2018-2-1
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Thank you, Linny! I was having a lot of fun while flying in my yard, but now that I've had a taste of what the Spark can do with some room to manuever, it takes fun to a whole new level!!

I forgot to take a dronie while there, that will be on my to-do list next time I'm at the park.

I'm glad you're enjoying your Spark as well!!!
2018-2-1
Use props
DroneManDan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

It's definitely been tough to fly in the winter. Glad you got to fly!
2018-2-1
Use props
DroneManDan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

2018-2-1
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

DroneManDan Posted at 2018-2-1 14:06

Thank you, DroneManDan! This wide open area is great to get some real flight time in. When I feel truly comfortable flying the Spark, then I'll wander elsewhere for the scenery.  Can't wait for the weather to warm up and add some color to these gray days.
2018-2-1
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Nice shallow depth picture!
Happy flying!
2018-2-1
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Thank you, BeastMaster! I do enjoy taking shallow focus photos much more than I thought I would.  If the weather holds out, I'll be returning to this park tomorrow for some more flying.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's see your sphere!
2018-2-1
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-2-1 17:41
Let's see your sphere!

I didn't capture a very good sphere pano.  The exposure was way off. Was having too much fun flying! LOL!
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Enjoy flying more away from the back yard
2018-2-2
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-2 00:40
Enjoy flying more away from the back yard

I'm hoping to get a chance to return to the park today.  It was so much fun flying the Spark with lots of room to manuever!
2018-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-2-2 07:19
I'm hoping to get a chance to return to the park today.  It was so much fun flying the Spark with lots of room to manuever!

Makes all the difference - have fun!
2018-2-2
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

You have a car so don't return to the park.  Look on Google maps for new parks or open areas.  Go to another park ff it looks iffy for RC model flying (you can't fly a plane there) Exploring is part of it.  I looked at a CRZ but wanted an all gas motor version.  The salesman and the mechanics couldn't give me an accurate price for a new battery for the car so I said no.  Seems the price on a couple thousand 18650 cells soldered together into a pack is hidden for some reason.   
2018-2-2
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-2 09:35
You have a car so don't return to the park.  Look on Google maps for new parks or open areas.  Go to another park ff it looks iffy for RC model flying (you can't fly a plane there) Exploring is part of it.  I looked at a CRZ but wanted an all gas motor version.  The salesman and the mechanics couldn't give me an accurate price for a new battery for the car so I said no.  Seems the price on a couple thousand 18650 cells soldered together into a pack is hidden for some reason.

The park I'd love to fly in is adjacent to one of our airports. It's most definitely a NFZ.  This park is great for me to practice flying in.  Hardly anyone there during the day, so no worries about annoying folks. LOL!

I love my CR-Z.  Bought it on the first day of sales in North America (a bit over 7 years ago) and have put 85,000 trouble free miles on it.  Gets respectable fuel economy and I love the fact that it's a 2-seater. Not fast, but peppy. LOL!  The traction battery has an 8 year, 100,000 mile warranty on it, so I'll be hitting the end of that warranty late this year.  No idea what the replacement cost would be for a new battery.  Would probably get a refurbished pack for substantially less than a new one if I ever needed to.  My previous favorite car was my 1985 Nissan 300ZX (owned that car from 1984 thru 2000), the CR-Z is my favorite now.  

The weather's looking pretty good right now, I think I'll eat some lunch and take the Spark out to the park and fly!  
2018-2-2
Use props
seanie2322
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2356873 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

i am impressed with the shallow focus effect, creates some nice bokeh!
2018-2-2
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

seanie2322 Posted at 2018-2-2 12:20
i am impressed with the shallow focus effect, creates some nice bokeh!

Yes, I enjoy the shallow focus effect as well. I have found that I usually get at least one shallow focus photo that will not download or create the effect every time I shoot them.  That's why I take several in a row.
2018-2-2
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-2-2 10:27
The park I'd love to fly in is adjacent to one of our airports. It's most definitely a NFZ.  This park is great for me to practice flying in.  Hardly anyone there during the day, so no worries about annoying folks. LOL!

I love my CR-Z.  Bought it on the first day of sales in North America (a bit over 7 years ago) and have put 85,000 trouble free miles on it.  Gets respectable fuel economy and I love the fact that it's a 2-seater. Not fast, but peppy. LOL!  The traction battery has an 8 year, 100,000 mile warranty on it, so I'll be hitting the end of that warranty late this year.  No idea what the replacement cost would be for a new battery.  Would probably get a refurbished pack for substantially less than a new one if I ever needed to.  My previous favorite car was my 1985 Nissan 300ZX (owned that car from 1984 thru 2000), the CR-Z is my favorite now.  

I loved my 87 Civic DX that I bought new when that was all I could afford.  The payment book they handed me with 60 each $160 payment stubs shocked the young me into taking care of it and not buying another car for 15 years.  It was a great car that just needed regular maintenance for the 235k miles I put on it.  

Now I have a S2000.  I was going to add the CR-Z for longer trips.  This has the car in the beginning of the video and skip to the end to see how I use the Spark video.  Not drone shots so much as merging with other video.

2018-2-2
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-2 15:37
I loved my 87 Civic DX that I bought new when that was all I could afford.  The payment book they handed me with 60 each $160 payment stubs shocked the young me into taking care of it and not buying another car for 15 years.  It was a great car that just needed regular maintenance for the 235k miles I put on it.  

Now I have a S2000.  I was going to add the CR-Z for longer trips.  This has the car in the beginning of the video and skip to the end to see how I use the Spark video.  Not drone shots so much as merging with other video.

Great video!
Funny coincidences (sort of) here.
I almost pulled the trigger and bought a Segway minipro last year.  Those look like so much fun!
When I was looking for a 2nd car to compliment the CR-Z, I went in to buy a pre-owned S2000.  Someone was already making a deal on it, so I lost out on that.  The car was extremely well maintained with low miles.  I ended up paying cash for a pre-owned 2010 Honda Insight.  Had a 2008 Civic Coupe that I traded on the CR-Z.  The finance guy said he couldn't believe it when he saw my Civic payments were less than his cell phone bill.  LOL!
The Spark footage in your video fit perfectly after all the ground level footage.  Well done!
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules