United Kingdom

Zzzzzz.         
2018-2-1
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

if this is true, i am sure forum mods will be among the last to find out.
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

This could only mean Spark 2 on horizon. I mean, with all the rigid legislation you want your bird as small and quiet as possible to keep low profile and be as discreet as possible.
Something at 249 grams, with sensors in all directions, ocusync 2.0 (with 1080p link and 10-12km range worldwide), decent camera (somewhat like improved p4p) and 65 db noise is the next logical step and would probably kill everything else.
2018-2-1
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I don’t think so, but at the same time wouldn’t surprise me.  The Mavic Air is the Spark2 what everyone has been asking for.    Other than price, why would you get a spark over a Mavic Air these days.

If it happens, it’s ok with me...I won’t feel ripped off or betrayed....My spark will still fly the same way it did when I bought it.   I would they would continue to support the spark for at least another year or so though
2018-2-1
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-2-1 13:29
I don’t think so, but at the same time wouldn’t surprise me.  The Mavic Air is the Spark2 what everyone has been asking for.    Other than price, why would you get a spark over a Mavic Air these days.

If it happens, it’s ok with me...I won’t feel ripped off or betrayed....My spark will still fly the same way it did when I bought it.   I would they would continue to support the spark for at least another year or so though

Good attitude! I agree. Still love my Spark!
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Actually, in my interpretation, Spark should mean less mass and smaller factor, quieter.
Something considered toy for the legislation and being quite capable video and photowise.
MA is noisier, bulkier, heavier and especially in red color more attention drawing than Spark.
So maybe DJI named it right, more baby Mavic than Sparks big brother. The only missing link with
Mavic is lack of Ocusync.
2018-2-1
Use props
Sparky Sparkinson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5614 ft
United States

I don't see any clearance prices anywhere on the web. Seems like a bogus click-bait article to me
2018-2-1
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 13:41
Actually, in my interpretation, Spark should mean less mass and smaller factor, quieter.
Something considered toy for the legislation and being quite capable video and photowise.
MA is noisier, bulkier, heavier and especially in red color more attention drawing than Spark.

i like your line of thinking - that would be the ideal drone for many of us.
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So we could be the owners of something so rare , maybe it will become a cult drone.
2018-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 14:11
So we could be the owners of something so rare , maybe it will become a cult drone.

It already is a cult drone. Redefined the size vs. capability in drones. However, being sold in millions, it hardly will be rare drone ever.
2018-2-1
Use props
Scott V.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241791 ft
United States

IF it does go away, I would suspect it replaced by Spark 2 or whatever they call it.  I don't think they would leave the $400-500 product offering empty.  

$400 Spark
$800 Mavic Air
$1000 Mavic Pro
$1100 Mavic Pro Platinum

There is a segment of consumers that will spend up to the Spark price point and thats it. There are plenty of people out there, myself included, (think Spark owners) that would not own a drone right now if the lowest DJI offering was $800.
2018-2-1
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I agree with you as well... next version of spark should be under 250grams and use occusync instead of wifi... I don't want a bigger drone.  Oh.. and a cellular modem to report it's gps coordinates if it gets lost would be nice.. can't be that hard to add.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

The " attraction" of a 250 gm spark is not a criticism of it.
It's precisely because it is so staggeringly good I want to fly it (a lot) more.
2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I doubt we'll see a discontinuation for some time yet.
2018-2-1
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 13:25
This could only mean Spark 2 on horizon. I mean, with all the rigid legislation you want your bird as small and quiet as possible to keep low profile and be as discreet as possible.
Something at 249 grams, with sensors in all directions, ocusync 2.0 (with 1080p link and 10-12km range worldwide), decent camera (somewhat like improved p4p) and 65 db noise is the next logical step and would probably kill everything else.

If something with those specs come out, Ill be like "TAKE MY MONEY" but the expectation seems a little to high but possible. and about that article I dont think it will be discontinued, DJI still makes P3S...
2018-2-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-1 14:11

Yeah, I keep it wrapped in plastic  with the Cabbage Patch dolls
2018-2-1
Use props
kenchi28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19957 ft
Singapore

i just wish the spark 2 will have folding arms this time.. then take my money! lol
2018-2-1
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

May be Spark 2 or Spark Pro was coming
2018-2-1
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

There's no story, it's the writer's own assumption based on discounted Spark.
2018-2-1
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I believe the Air is actually quieter than the Spark.

A couple of reviews i’ve seen advise it’s a fraction quieter...maybe even less than a db lower....but no nosier

In terms of size..it’s smaller folded up, and thinner I think...so easier to transport, but it is bigger in the air.

Would like to see one in real life to hear the difference.
2018-2-1
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Even if their is any truth in the story, my Spark will continue to fly for many more years,, (barring any fly always!!)
2018-2-1
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazon is still selling just below $600 for the Fly More.  And store.dji.com has actually raised their prices.  It went from $399/$599 just a week or so ago to $499/$699.

From my perspective, I would guess that DJI will keep the Spark line of products as their low end entry level drone.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it go below the 250g line like some others have mentioned.  There are many of us that the Spark has been the gateway into this hobby because of its lower price.  I would be shocked if DJI would go away from that portion of the market.
2018-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't see any evidence, but then again, who am I
2018-2-1
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148596 ft
United States

Yeah I don't see the logic in it. A lot of people want the entry level drone still. They don't need the 4k, obstacle avoidance, and other advanced features. The Mavic Air didn't replaced the spark but bridge the gap from spark to the mavic and beyond. The only thing I may see is with the price jump higher could be a sign of a newer Spark coming by the end of the year maybe.
2018-2-2
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Please do not make it lighter as it then would be more affectable by wind.
I dont think they will give it occusync as this drone is not ment to be "pro".
2018-2-2
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Fake news
2018-2-2
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

DylanR2011 Posted at 2018-2-2 00:00
Yeah I don't see the logic in it. A lot of people want the entry level drone still. They don't need the 4k, obstacle avoidance, and other advanced features. The Mavic Air didn't replaced the spark but bridge the gap from spark to the mavic and beyond. The only thing I may see is with the price jump higher could be a sign of a newer Spark coming by the end of the year maybe.

Good point..having said that.  I didn’t buy the spark based on price (although that helped), i based it on size.  I wanted something small to travel with.    It has exceeded all my expectations in performance, quality, reliability, flight characteristics..etc.   But if I had my time again, I’d probably get the spark...(probably), because it has the features AND the form factor
2018-2-2
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Re 250 gram. Too early to say here but according to another post spark is underthe 250 gram threshold in USA, since battery weight may be discounted.
Seems unlikely.
But if sub 250 gram are not subject to registration, then someone has deemed them not a risk, certainly such that would require tracing the owner.
Could be common sense's greatest hour.
2018-2-2
Use props
Kaiserboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60302 ft
United States

I bought my Spark as the Fly More kit or whatever for only $399 at Micro Center in Ohio.  Seemed like a Christmas deal. They said they bought a lot of them, so it was the bulk rationale for retail.  I've never seen elsewhere any price less than $599 for the combo, so that was a real privilege.  I did not take it to mean looming discontinuation.  Who knows.  They did NOT name the new one Spark 2, so I think that the $400 level will always hold an open nnovative model called Spark.
2018-2-2
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Hopefully they discontinue this bird xd
2018-2-2
Use props
InTheReeds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347103 ft
United States

"Dealers are beginning to post-clearance style prices." Really? Where? I'd love to have another one
2018-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Rage quitting Spark, anyone? I'll be interesting in having your Fly More Combos for 100US$ or less.
2018-2-2
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Don't really think it will be discontinued since it's not even a year old yet
2018-2-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't think DJI will discontinue the Spark any time soon. Look at how old the Phantom 3 Standard is and you can still buy them.
2018-2-2
Use props
CarolinaDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 568570 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love my Spark and I sold my Mavic Air as soon as the Mavic 2 Pro was released. I have several drones and my Spark gets more air time than any of them. It’s ready to go on my charging station all the time. I had problems with the Air from day 1 and was happy when I sold it.

There are signs that the Spark is being discontinued or replaced by something in the DJI Store since it looks like you can only get Alpine White or Red right now. The other colors are gone, not out of stock.

I too would like to see a Spark 2, and believe that they will release one soon. I have gotten a lot of my friends into quads, and most of them get a Spark. I can’t see DJI dropping one of the most popular drones on the market.

Let’s just hope that they do continue the Spark Line...
2019-1-13
Use props
CarolinaDrones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sparky Sparkinson Posted at 2018-2-1 13:50
I don't see any clearance prices anywhere on the web. Seems like a bogus click-bait article to me
2019-1-13
Use props
CarolinaDrones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sparky Sparkinson Posted at 2018-2-1 13:50

I have bought 4 Fly More Combos for less than $400 each.
2019-1-13
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-1 13:25
This could only mean Spark 2 on horizon. I mean, with all the rigid legislation you want your bird as small and quiet as possible to keep low profile and be as discreet as possible.

Sounds good for me. I am voting for this too
2019-1-13
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

as long as our spark is still flying, nothing to worry about that.
2019-1-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules