Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Calibration Failure.
2824 12 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travoose42
Flight distance : 130315 ft
United States

I just purchsed a Mavic Air and I was trying to calibrate the APAS system utilizing the DJI Assistant app and it must be me, but I cannot for the life of me, get the red lines to line match up with the green lines on the computer screen.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  Anyone else try this out yet and have better luck or any tips for me?
Also, I would upload a picture...but I click on the "Upload File" option when it prompts me to upload my picture and nothing happens.

2018-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you read through the instructions manual that came out today?
2018-2-1
Use props
travoose42
United States

Yes, and from what it says, it doesn't seem to help.  Also watched the DJI tutorial.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, after clicking the Upload File, it should pop up a window for choosing the picture, after uploading the picture, click the picture and let it show in the text. If it doesn't work, you can upload the screenshot to Dropbox and paste the link there for a further help. Thank you.
2018-2-1
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn’t bother unless you have problems, your failed attempts won’t have done any harm as the drone needs a successful calibration before it carries out an update to the stored parameter data, which it will do following a successful calibration.

The only calibration I have done is the compass, and only because it asked me too after my first flight. It is also the only calibration I carry out ‘routinly’.

2018-2-1
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yup why are u updating ? Did the app tell u it needed updating? Otherwise you are just goimg to create a problem (bad calib)
2018-2-1
Use props
JT-SkyHigh
Flight distance : 319662 ft
Australia

I am getting a warning to calibrate the vision sensors.

But when you check the sensor status it's normal:

Unfortunately I can't get the Assistant App on a Mac to recognise the Mavic Air - it thinks it's a Pro and when you click on it the App crashes.

2018-2-2
Use props
Takahane

Hungary

Your DJI Assistant version is 1.2.0  You need to install 1.2.2
Here
2018-2-2
Use props
travoose42
United States

Finally got the picture working (hopefully).

Wanted to calibrate it because I thought it should be calibrated before I fly it; guess not.  So basically what I am gathering is that I should just fly it until it alerts me to calibrate it?
2018-2-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
France

Yes that's it, fly and have fun, save tinkering and calibration for later, unless the aircraft asks for you carry out a calibration fly and enjoy.

Carrying out calibrations when you don't need to is likely to introduce errors.

Most important thing to do is make sure you have a good GPS lock, you get the verbal 'The home point has been recorded, please check it on the map' and it is correct. Take off, hover wait for the fast green status light to flash slow, then you know it has a good home point, and the vision system has a good image of the take off point & off you go.

If you experience a Compass error or a sudden switch to ATTI mode, land calibrate the compass and that's all you need to do to have a stress free afternoon/morning of exploring the capabilities of this amazing little drone.

Study the RTH functions in the now available manual, it works differently to many of DJI's other aircraft!

ATTI Mode switching and a failure to understand the RTH function fully are the biggest causes of a lost drone!
2018-2-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
  • >>>
France

JT-SkyHigh Posted at 2018-2-2 02:08
I am getting a warning to calibrate the vision sensors.
[view_image]

You didn't do a 'Quick Calibrate' from the Go4 App did you? That will carry out an imprecise calibration which will need you to carry out a full calibration using Assistant 2, later.
2018-2-2
Use props
JT-SkyHigh
Flight distance : 319662 ft
Australia

Takahane Posted at 2018-2-2 04:50
Your DJI Assistant version is 1.2.0  You need to install 1.2.2
Here

Thanks I finally worked that out and it’s now sorted.
2018-2-2
Use props
a men
Flight distance : 26260 ft
Belgium

Hi All,

For me, impossible to begin the calibration. The same message appears after each try: "reboot the aircraft".
The latest firmware is installed, and my  Driver Signature Enforcement is turn off.

Any solution for me? Thanks for your help.

2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules