Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Air Remote won't connect with the DJI Go 4 app * HELP*
51797 53 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2349 ft
Italy

djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq Posted at 4-1 01:21
I Have the same issue. DJI store in MIlan told me "it is a cable issue, change the cable with original one" or the "smartphone usb port is broken".
I changed 3 cable, and also 3 smrtphone but the problem persist, i'm unable to connect RC to Phone.
What i have to do? Buying a new controller?? Please help, i spent a lot of money for DJI Mavic Air, and is not possible to not receive assitance. Mavic air has 13 months of life, so DJI CARE is just expired...

Hi guys, i was able t solve my problem.  
The issue was the motherboard of my Samsung s8, after replace it, i was able to connect phone with rc without any issue.
Please note, that my phone worked perfectly, i didn't experience any other issue except usb connection (charging was working but transfer file no)
PS. another smartphone (Huawei P20 Lite) is still unable to connect to RC, but Samsung s8 and s9 are working!

2019-4-3
Use props
Mr_Kaufman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298684 ft
Dominican Republic

SOLUTION! I fixed it by pairing remote WITHOUT the DJI go 4 app. Once aircraft paired with remote without the app or phone connected i simply connected the phone and opened the app. WORKED! Follow these instructions to pair without cellphone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s&t=01m17s
2019-4-9
Use props
TimDoherty007
New

Canada

Don't know if this will help, but I was having the same "Link to aircraft" not turning blue so I could click on it.  I thought it could be a cable issue, but then I remembered that sometimes the Lightning cable won't charge my phone because of lint in the connection on the phone.  I cleaned the lint out and, what do you know, the "Link to aircraft" turned blue and I was connected.
YMMV.
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_LWdOjyczf7T3
lvl.1
United States

JUNE 24 2019, I got the drone about 2 days ago. However, after flying it 7-8 times on the first day in less than 8 hours later my drone RC won't connect to the DJI GO APP. I can fly the drone using the phone itself but it won't let me fly using the remote controller and not able to accomplish any sort of connection at all. Have you guys found any solution for this issue? Please advise, thank you.

-Abdullah
2019-6-24
Use props
akAir
lvl.1
United States

This software and firmware is just junk. It's the biggest time waste since Facebook. The connection from the RC to the aircraft or RC to phone has been buggy since day one if you ask me. Sometimes it likes to connect and sometimes it doesn't. I hadn't used my Mavic Air for months and then I pull it out to try to fly and it wants to update firmware. What load of BS. First it tries via app. No good. Total waste of time.

Then I use DJi Assistant. That worked for updating the aircraft but it doesn't even SEE my RC. I can't tell if my RC firmware has been updated or not. I try to fly and it wants to update the warning zone database. Great. I've tried that more times than I'd like to admit now. I have a connection to the aircraft, then it says I should update. Select update. Download. Then it returns to a screen that says update! WTF? Press Update. It now says I have to connect to the aircraft in order to update!! I was connected when I started! IT does this every stinking time so I quit.

Then I try to fly and now the app pops up with take a quiz. No thanks. Then it won't connect or if it does, it immediately says there's an rc connection issue. ?? Different cables doesn't change anything. If you read tall the posts in this forum about this software not working like it should I think you get the picture. Waste of time and money. I think I'll be selling my Mavic. Too bad as I think it's a great drone with crappy software and a forum for support where questions and answers are all over the map.

FWIW, I've been a network engineer for about 30+ years and I've installed more software and firmware into servers, pc's, switches, routers, wifi and mifi and pbx's and you name it than I care to remember. I've seen some quirky firmware updates in my time but I have never, ever seen such a mucked up failed bunch of crap as this. I'd be happy if there were just some straight forward instructions with version numbers to follow that actually worked.
2019-7-8
Use props
fanseb1cd7f8
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hello fellow dji users. , been dealing with this issue where i connected the drone to my phone via wifi, and when trying to connect back the phone and drone WITH RC, it would not connect. I finally found the issue and was able to get my drone back in the air with my RC (phone also connected) if you are still having this issue, id like to help as much as i can, for a small donation(anything would help ) for time and energy figuring thousands of things to make it work while going to school and studying. If interested RP or DM to further diagnose and solve this issue.
2019-7-24
Use props
fanseb1cd7f8
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Update! July 24th!
Solved issue with RC and phone not being able to connect!!
2019-7-24
Use props
Matt McCann - NJ
lvl.1

fanseb1cd7f8 Posted at 7-24 18:57
Update! July 24th!
Solved issue with RC and phone not being able to connect!!

does anyone have a fix for this?
my mavic air seems to connect to Either the controller Or my phone; not both at the same time.  app updated, tried linking controller via the app (doesn't work), manually linking the controller to the aircraft works but kicks off connection with phone/app.
my spark works flawlessly.....no cable needed.  this mavic air = piece of crap.
what is the fix and what is the exact sequence to do everything?
-frustrated
2019-9-26
Use props
JpCav
New

Australia

Hey guys,
I was having this problem in September 2020. Phone would not connect to RC, neither using micro-usb connection to the remote nor the regular USB-A to Micro-usb on the b.ottom of the phone. There was a power charging connection, but no data connection

I have gone great lenghts to connect my Mavic Air and Remote Controller to my pc using DJI Assistant and doing firmware refresh on both (encountered new issue with Remote Controller not connecting to PC, solved by this fix: /youtu.be/SC9WB3qxxd4 ).

In the end, what solved my problem was restarting my phone, a Galaxy S6 Edge. After that, my phone was able to connect to the RC through the app without a problem.

2020-9-13
Use props
Codywilson76
lvl.1
United States

Well- brand new mavic air 2 won't connect the app to the controller. Tried with my Samsung A32 Droid and my iPad air.  Stuck on step three- link to aircraft.   I've installed uninstalled restarted tried different cables.  Tried connecting with wifi- can't tell what that does...  the TX has green lights on so I think it sees the drone but the app won't see the controller.  I've downloaded through DJI and the app store.  Once on my iPad it said it needed a c5 controller and asked if I wanted to install the app for it- selected yes and was presented with dozens of random apps so I backed out.  Have not seen that message again...

I follow the djigo4 app "connect the aircraft" steps exactly- i plug the phone in and it beeps and starts charging.   I plug in the iPad and it beeps.  Step 4 will not complete.  

My inspire is having similar issues so I bought the air 2 thinking "problem solved"  man was I wrong...  what support is there to actually fix this?  Or ahould I just eat a bullet?
2022-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The air 2 uses the FLY app not the GO4 app, could that be your problem?
https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-4-2
Use props
Codywilson76
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 18:10
The air 2 uses the FLY app not the GO4 app, could that be your problem?
https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

You nailed it- got my android phone and my wifes iphone12 to connect.  

Why is it every video i found on you tube said to use djigo4?  

Thank you *puts the pistol away*
2022-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Codywilson76 Posted at 4-2 18:36
You nailed it- got my android phone and my wifes iphone12 to connect.  

Why is it every video i found on you tube said to use djigo4?  

Let's just say ''some youtubes are not overly accurate''. I guess you were unfortunate enough to have found them. Or did you watch videos for the Mavic Air?

2022-4-2
Use props
Codywilson76
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-2 19:24
Let's just say ''some youtubes are not overly accurate''. I guess you were unfortunate enough to have found them. Or did you watch videos for the Mavic Air?

I dont know why i fixated on go4.  I watched probablyna dozen videos on the mavic air 2.  Glad its working now!
2022-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules