Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New phantom
3728 9 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adampee420
New

Australia

New Phantom drone
unnamed.jpg
photo 2.JPG
DJI00812.jpg
2015-4-27
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like the main arm is bent and twisted.
This video shows how to strip down and replace the ribbon cable, (which you don't need to do) but you will need to remove the arm so that you can try and repair it.
Video is
Good luck.
2015-4-28
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Dayum!

I just started another, almost identical thread - at least in terms of upcoming weddings!

Mines nowhere near as bad as yours - In fact, I was able to tweak it back into 'free' movement, which is why I didn't want to hijack your thread, but I guess we'll both be watching both!

Good luck,
Cheers,
Ian
2015-4-28
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You've got at least a couple of options:

Repair by somebody else:
- Be prepared to wait
- Get out your checkbook/Credit Card
   1) Take it to the local dealer (if available)
   2) Take a shot with www.usdronerepair.com  Looks like they would charge a minimum of $80 to fix the gimbal.
   3) Get an RMA and send it in to DJI and see if they'll repair it
   4) Just bite the bullet and go ahead and spend the $675.00 for a new camera now

Repair-it-yourself option:
- Can save money and yu can learn more abuot your hobby
- How handy are you with intermediate electronics, a sodering iron and small parts?
- Bizillions of YouTube video on practically evey conceivable

You may be able to get it back into a workable condition with a minimum of effort.   As long as the shaft isn't rubbing on anything that would affect movement, I'd just fix the camera tilt.  That is relatively easy (compared to replacing the bent shaft).  Check out the YouTube video:
* DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Gimbal repair  (Don Carey 7:32  )  http://youtu.be/5iTz3Dd2Ecs

GimbalShaftMisligned.gif
2015-4-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

adampee420@gmai Posted at 2015-4-29 10:46
Hey mate,

Just read your post. Bizzare similarities to say the least. It looks as though both of  ...

Your YAW ARM is bent.
2015-4-28
Use props
adampee420
New

Australia

Thanks for your help!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phan ... sions-/111590877393

This would be what I'm after.

I have a yaw arm off my old gimbal which I thought I could use.. But turns out that one is also bent. Definitely a flaw in the gimbal design.

How safe/easy is the whole process? I'm sure I'm capable, just not overly confident in completing it without damaging other components of the camera.
2015-4-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

adampee420@gmai Posted at 2015-4-29 14:52
Thanks for your help!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-Plus-Gimbal-Yaw-Arm-all-versi ...

That part is what is bent and needs replacing.  This is what I found on a quick search on youtube.

It is a rather complicated fix, as you will be working with the ribbon power cable and everything else.  I'm sure there are more videos out there that might explain better than this one.  Good luck with that.
2015-4-29
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

There are also some gimbal arms for sale on eBay. Not cheap around $115 + dollars. Still if your camera is repairable by replacing the arm that a lot cheaper than a new camera/gimbal unit. Good luck and hope you can bend yours back.
2015-4-29
Use props
hoggluver73.gma
New

United States

Hey guys how do you post a question on the forum?
2015-5-3
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

hoggluver73.gma Posted at 2015-5-4 11:23
Hey guys how do you post a question on the forum?

Hogg,

Hit the "new thread" button in the upper right of the main page. Select "Question" and Ask away!

Jerry
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules