Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Option to disable this main screen on DJI Go
2264 22 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drn3px69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Hi everyone!
I imagine that this screen is displayed when we press GO FLY into the app as method to check that all go well with the drone.
But really bother me.
Maybe would be nice that exist a option to "always display" or "display only to show alerts" to this screen is displayed when exist some type of notification/alert, and if not exist the app go directly to fly screen.
Maybe sound that is not too important, but on "edge" and bigger screens, its a difficult press on the small "x" to close when the mobile is into the remote and also add a extra innecesary step when we like take off ASAP
Thanks!

main.jpg
2018-2-1
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Not a problem for me and most people. There are no options for that currently.

It's important because it tells you if your sensors, your IMU and your compass are working fine.
2018-2-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed very valuable information and in my opinion a must have.
2018-2-1
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Argentina

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-1 20:23
Not a problem for me and most people. There are no options for that currently.

It's important because it tells you if your sensors, your IMU and your compass are working fine.

Thanks, yes, I know, because this I suggest this.
Sorry, but, maybe you not read my complete post: I know that is useful info, but when show a alert. If not mean that all go well.
Also, if some users prefer this main screen, with my proposal, also can keep "always on". No difference.
2018-2-1
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Argentina

Woe Posted at 2018-2-1 20:34

Please, re-read. I suggest that can be user selectable.
You can keep it, me no. Everyone very happy

Also I can´t understand now, maybe I wrong... but: if all sensors work OK, what is the logic of see a screen before every flight that say: NORMAL-NORMAL-NORMAL?
I believe that is better if only is displayed when need show me a alert or something go wrong on the check.

Is like have a meeting in 10 hours and I stay all these 10 hours looking the clock until reach this time. More effective is add a alarm that ring 10 minutes before and ready.
2018-2-1
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-2-1 20:37
Thanks, yes, I know, because this I suggest this.
Sorry, but, maybe you not read my complete post: I know that is useful info, but when show a alert. If not mean that all go well.
Also, if some users prefer this main screen, with my proposal, also can keep "always on". No difference.

Oh don't worry I read your post. I simply had trouble understanding it because of its illegible content.

Warnings like this are necessary. Sometimes, I wish I could remove the "critical battery" warning but I know it is safer to keep it on.
2018-2-1
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Argentina

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-1 20:46
Oh don't worry I read your post. I simply had trouble understanding it because of its illegible content.

Is not the same, not comparable things.
alerts/warnings need to be displayed...
2018-2-1
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-2-1 20:51
Is not the same, not comparable things.
alerts/warnings need to be displayed...

A defective compass is something to be worried about. It is the same thing.
2018-2-1
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Argentina

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-1 20:53
A defective compass is something to be worried about. It is the same thing.

On this case you get a alert, if you get an alert this main screen are displayed...  (showing that COMPASS have a error instead display the word "normal")
2018-2-1
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-2-1 20:55
On this case you get a alert, if you get an alert this main screen are displayed...  (showing that COMPASS have a error instead display the word "normal")

It is WAY SAFER and that is strictly NON ARGUABLE that this POP-UP IS MUCH SAFER. IT IS NEEDED for noobs and you want them to be able to calibrate their stuff if it is defective.

We ignore warnings all the time. Know that "HIGH WIND WARNING" you got yesterday? YEP, YOU IGNORED THAT.
2018-2-1
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Argentina

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-1 21:07
It is WAY SAFER and that is strictly NON ARGUABLE that this POP-UP IS MUCH SAFER. IT IS NEEDED for noobs and you want them to be able to calibrate their stuff if it is defective.

Maybe my english is not correct and clear or you not understand anything.
You have another point of view and is good also. My idea is not to change your point of view, I not have interest on this, mainly is make a suggestion that something that is not completely good from the usability, and because this I suggest this to be a user selectable/custom option.
2018-2-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-2-1 20:45
Please, re-read. I suggest that can be user selectable.
You can keep it, me no. Everyone very happy

I understood the post. Just stated my opinion.
2018-2-1
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Argentina

Woe Posted at 2018-2-1 21:19
I understood the post. Just stated my opinion.

Thanks Woe!
2018-2-1
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-2-1 21:15
Maybe my english is not correct and clear or you not understand anything.
You have another point of view and is good also. My idea is not to change your point of view, I not have interest on this, mainly is make a suggestion that something that is not completely good from the usability, and because this I suggest this to be a user selectable/custom option.

And I'm telling you that I perfectly understand what you mean. However,  that is a BAD idea and will not happen because it's not safe at all for newbies and even more experienced pilots
2018-2-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-1 20:46

What the OP is suggesting is that this screen should only appear IF there is anything untoward to report. With an option to perhaps toggle between that and always displaying the full screen even if no errors to report.

Edit:- i.e. report by exception, if nothing is wrong then no need to report.
2018-2-2
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Argentina

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-2 02:59
What the OP is suggesting is that this screen should only appear IF there is anything untoward to report. With an option to perhaps toggle between that and always displaying the full screen even if no errors to report.

Exactly, thanks!
2018-2-2
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I also agree with you post. That would be a nice feature.
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-2 02:59
What the OP is suggesting is that this screen should only appear IF there is anything untoward to report. With an option to perhaps toggle between that and always displaying the full screen even if no errors to report.

Oh my god thank you so much
2018-2-2
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I think it is like airplane/jet "check" list. Like real airplanes/jets would have to make sure it is aok with everything. People take this hobby very seriously and have spent a lot of time with it and consider themselves professionals. Some of them have pre-flight check lists before they even turn their UAV's on. I like having it there. I scroll through and look at everything every flight.
It keeps people from being lax in checking out their drone and makes them at least look at it. If they just close it then it's on them if something isn't right.

Whether it should have an off/on switch that's up to DJI. Maybe they will take your suggestion to the devs. You never know.
2018-2-2
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Argentina

rolling56 Posted at 2018-2-2 11:15
I think it is like airplane/jet "check" list. Like real airplanes/jets would have to make sure it is aok with everything. People take this hobby very seriously and have spent a lot of time with it and consider themselves professionals. Some of them have pre-flight check lists before they even turn their UAV's on. I like having it there. I scroll through and look at everything every flight.
It keeps people from being lax in checking out their drone and makes them at least look at it. If they just close it then it's on them if something isn't right.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!
From my point of view is different. On airplanes you have a check list (1) that need check/compare looking on the instruments/panels/etc (2).
Here we have all in the same place (1) and if no error exist not exist anything to check.
Also turning off this screen, if error exist, the screen is displayed. Like @Aardvark says: "report by exception, if nothing is wrong then no need to report"
Even if to some users like check all the sensors, even when all is "normal", in a comparison method like (1)vs(2), can do it in more precise way like on airplanes: going to the TOP-RIGHT corner of the app > ... > drone > Advanced settings > Sensors State, for example, and others, doing a perfect pre-fligth check.
And for the user that prefer keep "alwasys on" this screen, also can do it.

2018-2-2
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Woe Posted at 2018-2-1 20:34

^This in a nutshell^
2018-2-2
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-2-2 11:15
I think it is like airplane/jet "check" list. Like real airplanes/jets would have to make sure it is aok with everything. People take this hobby very seriously and have spent a lot of time with it and consider themselves professionals. Some of them have pre-flight check lists before they even turn their UAV's on. I like having it there. I scroll through and look at everything every flight.
It keeps people from being lax in checking out their drone and makes them at least look at it. If they just close it then it's on them if something isn't right.

Since we're counting opinions here.  I have a mental checklist that I go through EVERY flight.  Props, batteries, App, phone, cable, settings...  I like the list showing up and like others here, I scroll through it.  If I can't hit the "X" in the corner, I scoot the phone down a bit in the brackets so that I can hit the "X" and I can also hit the 3 dots in the upper right corner during flight if I need to.  

But a lot of people complain about the Go4 App and some of it's functionality.  I'd rather have the list pop up so that I can scroll through and check one last time before flying than trust an App to tell me "Oh, go ahead and fly.... I've checked everything and you're ok here..."

And yes, I have no problem with the option to turn this off if needed, however I won't be hitting it.  I prefer to follow my checklist.  
2018-2-3
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-2-3 14:44
Since we're counting opinions here.  I have a mental checklist that I go through EVERY flight.  Props, batteries, App, phone, cable, settings...  I like the list showing up and like others here, I scroll through it.  If I can't hit the "X" in the corner, I scoot the phone down a bit in the brackets so that I can hit the "X" and I can also hit the 3 dots in the upper right corner during flight if I need to.  

But a lot of people complain about the Go4 App and some of it's functionality.  I'd rather have the list pop up so that I can scroll through and check one last time before flying than trust an App to tell me "Oh, go ahead and fly.... I've checked everything and you're ok here..."

I think just on or off would be best. Less trouble to fix that way.....and be more appt to make that change hopefully. I think it is there to cover their @$$ but maybe not. Just my opinion lol

I remember when it came up for the first time. I don't recall it being there last May 2017? When did they release it anyone know?
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules