Osmo mobile stand is wobbly
2048 12 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yum
lvl.1

Australia

The Osmo branded table stand for the Osmo Mobile the $15 one is  wobbly. Is this normal?
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Yum, sorry that I didnt get your post very clearly, do you mean the Osmo Base is not stable? If yes, any chance to show us a short video about the issue? Thank you very much.
2018-2-3
Use props
Yum
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 00:41
Hi Yum, sorry that I didnt get your post very clearly, do you mean the Osmo Base is not stable? If yes, any chance to show us a short video about the issue? Thank you very much.

Not the base but the fitting of the handle of the OSMO into the base. I have to jam a business card into the base to keep it stable. If you still need a video I'll do that, however I've seen this same  complaint from others so it seems that it's the actual mold that has been made wrong. It does work if it's put in facing the wrong direction though. If it's turned so that the locking mechanism is on the wrong side of the handle then it sits in there firmly. But then it's not locked in.

2018-5-9
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1
Australia

yes mine's wobbly too. pretty bad design.
2018-6-7
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I'm going to use the base for timelpase work, I slide a piece of folded paper in next to handle and base for a more solid connection.
2018-6-7
Use props
Terry Lau
lvl.2
Canada

I bought one and it is very good
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Do you mean that the Osmo itself will not fit perfectly to the Osmo base? Kindly check the picture below.
2018-6-7
Use props
Yum
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-7 15:18
Do you mean that the Osmo itself will not fit perfectly to the Osmo base? Kindly check the picture below.
[view_image]

Hi Sorry for the late reply. Yes I have that OSMO base and It is very wobbly if it is put in the correct way around so that the latch clicks in to the handle. If the handle is put the wrong way around so that the latch   does not lock on to the handle then it fits OK.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Yum Posted at 2018-7-29 01:19
Hi Sorry for the late reply. Yes I have that OSMO base and It is very wobbly if it is put in the correct way around so that the latch clicks in to the handle. If the handle is put the wrong way around so that the latch   does not lock on to the handle then it fits OK.

Hi, would it be possible if we can provide a short video of this issue so that we could check it for you?
2018-7-29
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I have the exact same problem.  The handle in the base is wobbly, not a perfect fit.  Video not needed as plenty of people have the same problem.  The base is not a well made.
2018-8-10
Use props
hihenning
New
Sweden

anthonyb Posted at 2018-8-10 01:43
I have the exact same problem.  The handle in the base is wobbly, not a perfect fit.  Video not needed as plenty of people have the same problem.  The base is not a well made.

Same problem here.
It fits better if you mount the handle the wrong way (!).
2018-10-13
Use props
ataraxia
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have this same problem, and it's very noticeable. Putting the Osmo in the bracket the wrong way around keeps it stable, but seems rather daft.
2018-10-25
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

Are you not screwing the base into the tripod mounting socket on the bottom of the handle?

See...

(I confess I bought - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GST1C2Z which is very stable. It also avoids the issue in the review video as it is mounted flat on the bottom of the handle.)
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules