Out of focus, but back in business DJI did good!
588 2 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BYL5BsrCRtTF
New
Flight distance : 2779 ft
United States

For those of you that may be having the same out of focus issue, you are not alone!  I purchased the Mavic Pro Platinum from a distributor. When I received it, I had made sure that all I did to set up the drone was correct.  I took it for it's maiden flight and noticed in my phone that the focus was off from the get go. I thought it was my phone or my eyes since I have to use readers. Yep over 45.  When I got back home and reviewed my footage, I definitely noticed that the focus was off through out the whole shot. Not just one side or around the edges but the whole footage was out of focus.  I called DJI and explained.  They went though the first line of defense by having me do another IMU, compass and Camera reset. Nope, nada, no clear focus.
DJI sent a shipping label with a Case # via email within 24 hours. Once they received the drone, they were really good about sending me notification on their progress.  They received, inspected and decided to repair the drone all on the same day they received it.   Even though the invoice (which I did not pay anything on) stated that they replaced a couple of wires, I ended up with a brand new drone instead.  Found this out when I tried to connect to my controller and they would not sync. I looked ar the serial number and sure enough it was a different number and then noticed that there was still a few of the protective clear stickers all over the arms and on the gimbal.  Once I linked the controller and the drone together with help from the conveniently included directions on linking, I wass good to go.   
My advice, call DJI rather than doing everything via email. You have an opurtunity to ask more questions and get a more clear answers to those questions. If they were bad before, they are definitely getting better at their repair process!  Would hope that they have taken a  serious look at their Quality Control work flow and have made the necessary improvements.

Note, yes this a positive comment for DJI and no, I do not work for them.....  Kudos only given when deserved, they derserved this one.

2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_BYL5BsrCRtTF
New
Flight distance : 2779 ft
United States

Out of Focus , Back in Business DJI did GOOD!

For those of you that may be having the same out of focus issue, you are not alone!  I purchased the Mavic Pro Platinum from a distributor. When I received it, I had made sure that all I did to set up the drone was correct.  I took it for it's maiden flight and noticed in my phone that the focus was off from the get go. I thought it was my phone or my eyes since I have to use readers. Yep over 45.  When I got back home and reviewed my footage, I definitely noticed that the focus was off through out the whole shot. Not just one side or around the edges but the whole footage was out of focus.  I called DJI and explained.  They went though the first line of defense by having me do another IMU, compass and Camera reset. Nope, nada, no clear focus.
DJI sent a shipping label with a Case # via email within 24 hours. Once they received the drone, they were really good about sending me notification on their progress.  They received, inspected and decided to repair the drone all on the same day they received it.   Even though the invoice (which I did not pay anything on) stated that they replaced a couple of wires, I ended up with a brand new drone instead.  Found this out when I tried to connect to my controller and they would not sync. I looked ar the serial number and sure enough it was a different number and then noticed that there was still a few of the protective clear stickers all over the arms and on the gimbal.  Once I linked the controller and the drone together with help from the conveniently included directions on linking, I wass good to go.   
My advice, call DJI rather than doing everything via email. You have an opurtunity to ask more questions and get a more clear answers to those questions. If they were bad before, they are definitely getting better at their repair process!  Would hope that they have taken a  serious look at their Quality Control work flow and have made the necessary improvements.

Note, yes this a positive comment for DJI and no, I do not work for them.....  Kudos only given when deserved, they derserved this one.
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, thank you so much for your positive feedback, we are so glad to hear that. It absolutely provides us with a greater motivation to keep moving to provide a more professional service and great products to our customers. Wish you have a great time on flying, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help. Appreciate again for sharing the story with us.
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules