Still No Low Battery Audio Warning
2715 37 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I am still not getting a low battery audio message.  All current updates and iPhone 6S.
2018-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How far down do you take the battery %?
2018-2-2
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

that is fine! as long as you can still see the curretn battery percentage mate!
2018-2-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-2-2 10:46
that is fine! as long as you can still see the curretn battery percentage mate!

The problem with relying on that is, you have to keep looking at the app which means your eyes aren't on the AC. Low battery sneaks up on you and by the time you notice, it's possibly too late to get it home.
2018-2-2
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I take it down to 20%...and this was a feature that was available when I first got the Spark last summer.
2018-2-2
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

make sure your device's audio is up
2018-2-2
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Okay...this is not a me issue...I know how to work my phone...others are having the same problem...no low battery audio alert.  I was posting to see if any others with the problem had gotten it fixed or maybe get an administrator to forward it up to tech.  This feature was available at one time...now it's not.
2018-2-2
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-2 11:21
The problem with relying on that is, you have to keep looking at the app which means your eyes aren't on the AC. Low battery sneaks up on you and by the time you notice, it's possibly too late to get it home.

are you that lazy?
2018-2-2
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

It's not a question of being lazy...it's where your eyes should be and any extra distraction like having to look down and check battery level gives an opportunity to lose sight of the drone or not pick up that it just decided to flyaway.  The audio "Low Battery" was a nice feature that somehow has been lost in DJI Go 4 updates.  
2018-2-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lazy has zero to do with it, it's a matter of safety. Are you that careless?
2018-2-2
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-2 16:33
It's not a question of being lazy...it's where your eyes should be and any extra distraction like having to look down and check battery level gives an opportunity to lose sight of the drone or not pick up that it just decided to flyaway.  The audio "Low Battery" was a nice feature that somehow has been lost in DJI Go 4 updates.

Did you turn it off or leave it off in your Aircraft Battery preferrences?  It is on the battery page on the drone screen.  I think mine is set to 30 percent.
2018-2-2
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I set anywhere from 20% to 25% depending on winds, out over water, etc...so my settings are good.  When I get to that % that I set I get a visual (on the top of the screen) red, low battery warning.  I do not get an audio "Low Battery Warning".  I used to get that audio warning but I don't anymore.  Something changed in one of the updates.  I have an iPhone 6s.  I am not the only one on this forum with this problem.  There is another thread I started in which several people texted experiencing the same problem. Can anyone else verify they have the same problem?  Can an administrator move this up the chain?
2018-2-2
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Rustic, I’m using iOS same phone as you and no longer have the battery warning.
I was at a distance and height, still vlos, but could not see the rear lights blinking red. I looked down and had an ut oh moment when I saw the battery level.
I agree the battery warning was a useful feature and I hope it gets fixed.
2018-2-2
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-2 18:09
Lazy has zero to do with it, it's a matter of safety. Are you that careless?

you are just lazy
2018-2-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

God bless you, have a blessed day.
2018-2-2
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-2 12:13
Okay...this is not a me issue...I know how to work my phone...others are having the same problem...no low battery audio alert.  I was posting to see if any others with the problem had gotten it fixed or maybe get an administrator to forward it up to tech.  This feature was available at one time...now it's not.

I just checked, didn't get an audible warning either, just the red strip at the top of the screen saying "Low Battery Warning".
iPhone7, iOS 11.2.2, DJI GO4.2.4
2018-2-2
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Well, Soundwave439, you've called three of us lazy in this thread and another guy a liar in another thread about his camera taking two shots at a time...which was validated by others and fixed by DJI.  Your opinions don't seem to hold a lot of weight as far as I'm concerned.
2018-2-2
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

iPhone 6s here as well - no audio warning either - would be nice to have restored
2018-2-2
Use props
dgchichester
lvl.2
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-2 18:46
I set anywhere from 20% to 25% depending on winds, out over water, etc...so my settings are good.  When I get to that % that I set I get a visual (on the top of the screen) red, low battery warning.  I do not get an audio "Low Battery Warning".  I used to get that audio warning but I don't anymore.  Something changed in one of the updates.  I have an iPhone 6s.  I am not the only one on this forum with this problem.  There is another thread I started in which several people texted experiencing the same problem. Can anyone else verify they have the same problem?  Can an administrator move this up the chain?

I second this, same situation: iPhone 6s, no longer an audio alert. And disagree with the folks picking on this: it's not laziness, it's a feature that was a good way to get your attention and has inexplicably vanished.
2018-2-3
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I know Spectrum has audio alerts for what ever you want announced when a threshold is reached.  Battery voltage, RPM, Mode selected, etc.  So, I doubt it is removed.  Perhaps just hidden.  On the other hand, it wouldn't be unheard of for a non practicing entity to patient troll audio alerts that inform the user of a threshold.  
2018-2-3
Use props
Djr01974
lvl.3
Flight distance : 175364 ft
United States

Same here. All latest updates and no audible low battery warning. I’m using iPhone 8plus. It was there at one time
2018-2-8
Use props
fanseaf3c3f9
lvl.1
United States

Yep, this got me into trouble today.  I was always used to hearing the alarm at 30% and returning to land with plenty of reserve.  Today I glanced down while I was taking pictures and noticed the little low battery message on the app, but there was no audio alarm.  I tried to land as fast as I could, but it went into low battery RTH, shot up into the tree branches overhead, lost control, and crashed to the ground.  It happened so fast I couldn't cancel the RTH in time.  Just a heads up to others that are used to hearing that alarm, it totally caught me off guard.  
2018-2-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, I'm not on iOS ;-), but I got audio battery warnings today.
How about resetting the 30/25/xx% for a try?
Change 30% to 33% or 35% , fly and check if the audio is back.
But perhaps it is another bug in the latest App version!
"We give em OTG, but we take the audio battery  warning

Actually I agree, that it is important to get that warning 'told'!
2018-2-8
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Audio low battery warning also working on crystalsky (Android).
2018-2-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Still not working on iPhone 6S
2018-2-22
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Interesting ,, flying on IOS and have no audio which I used to have and did rely on it!!.. Bit nervy having to keep checking the screen to see battery level while trying to maintain VLOS !!!. Would be nice to have this feature back. (Even trade OTG for Battery Warning,, )
2018-2-22
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361552 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-2-8 20:21
Ok, I'm not on iOS ;-), but I got audio battery warnings today.
How about resetting the 30/25/xx% for a try?
Change 30% to 33% os 35% , fly and check if the audio is back.

Happy I came across this thread, I will be trying what you suggest this evening, thanks n maybe it will work
2018-3-16
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

Nope, didn't work....but as I was looking at change log on recent iOS DJI Go 4 app update, I noticed this with what's new----Fixed bugs causing app crashes when audio warnings sounded while running iOS 9.x-----oh boy, wondering if this is what broke the low battery audible ???? I am fine without it BUT it was a really nice feature and can save your butt if you are focused on getting that perfect photo/vid.
2018-3-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, I do not know how to get on iOS the audio low batt warning back.
But how about a little workaround?
You all know for how long you can fly, till your spark is down to the batt-level that you wanna land with.
Do this time minus 2 minutes (p.ex.) in a countdown timer on you phone and start it with the take off.
And for now, you have a flight time alert and can check on the battery
2018-3-19
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
United States

I figured a workaround...funny for my day When the battery reaches the percentage I have it set, let's say 25% - I loudly announce that my battery level is at 25% -
2018-3-19
Use props
TheFlyingDutchmanInNorway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

I get the low battery beeping. Loud and annoying, but it's there. I am on latest Go app for iOS on an iPhone 7.
2018-3-19
Use props
unclebuck48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4596 ft
United States

This problem exists in IOS, seems fine with Android.
2018-8-31
Use props
unclebuck48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4596 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-3-19 06:47
Ok, I do not know how to get on iOS the audio low batt warning back.
But how about a little workaround?
You all know for how long you can fly, till your spark is down to the batt-level that you wanna land with.

It's an IOS issue, works fine on Android.
2018-8-31
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

I use two Android phones with my Spark, a Samsung 5 and a Samsung 7. One gives me an audible warning for low battery, the other doesn't, and  believe it or not, they're the opposite when it comes to announcing that the home point has been set(???). I've just learned to live with it, like a lot of things about this drone. I generally check the displays on the app anyway between shots, especially the battery, but I agree that it would be better and safer with an audible warning. I'm lazy like that.
2018-8-31
Use props
TheGemster18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359413 ft
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-2 11:24
I take it down to 20%...and this was a feature that was available when I first got the Spark last summer.

Hello Rustic17 my name is Joe oh, I also have a DJI Spark and I use it with both my iPad Mini 4 and I use it with my Galaxy S9 Plus. I am having the same exact problem you are having! I do not get a low battery audio warning when I use this drone with my iOS device, just like yourself all I get is a red indicator on top of the screen of the DJI go 4 app indicating that the battery is in low battery warning! It is quite frustrating! As this used to work perfectly! Also, I do not have the same issue when using it with my Android device! It works fine and gives me the low battery audio warning! I was wondering if you ever had a resolution for this? Thank you in advance.
Screenshot_20190515-113940_WhatsApp.jpg
2019-5-30
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

TheGemster18 Posted at 5-30 17:04
Hello Rustic17 my name is Joe oh, I also have a DJI Spark and I use it with both my iPad Mini 4 and I use it with my Galaxy S9 Plus. I am having the same exact problem you are having! I do not get a low battery audio warning when I use this drone with my iOS device, just like yourself all I get is a red indicator on top of the screen of the DJI go 4 app indicating that the battery is in low battery warning! It is quite frustrating! As this used to work perfectly! Also, I do not have the same issue when using it with my Android device! It works fine and gives me the low battery audio warning! I was wondering if you ever had a resolution for this? Thank you in advance.

No resolution...
2019-5-30
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

My Son  flies his with an IPhone 6S.... If i remember, I'll have him fly a battery tonight and report back on the low battery audible - I have to say, I thought it always did it just like my android devices do....
2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

White Ox Posted at 6-24 08:45
My Son  flies his with an IPhone 6S.... If i remember, I'll have him fly a battery tonight and report back on the low battery audible - I have to say, I thought it always did it just like my android devices do....

" If I remember, ... " - " ... I thought "

Well, when will we see the result?
(no offense, please ;-)
2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules