6027 22 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17615 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cannot Load Firmware List . PeaseRetry.                     Thats all it says ,the retry is in blue ,when I go to it and click it just does the same thing over and over    ,on the same screen it also says " RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS"      when I click on that it asks in another box to confirm? click yes and it says ,,,factory reset failed,, over and over,,  whats up with that?
2018-2-2
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17100 ft
United States

I fought this for hours tonight, and it was the version of Assistant 2.  I found a link for v1.2.something.  Downloaded that version and never saw"Restore Factory Defaults" and its failure again.  Still no video feed from drone, but at least on to the next problem.
2018-2-2
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
United States

I fought this for hours tonight, and it was the version of Assistant 2.  I found a link for v1.2.something.  Downloaded that version and never saw"Restore Factory Defaults" and its failure again.  Still no video feed from drone, but at least on to the next problem.
2018-2-2
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TonyJ Posted at 2018-2-2 21:53
I fought this for hours tonight, and it was the version of Assistant 2.  I found a link for v1.2.something.  Downloaded that version and never saw"Restore Factory Defaults" and its failure again.  Still no video feed from drone, but at least on to the next problem.

Hi ,, I deleted dji assistant 2 times and reinstalled and still the same thing,,, did you get yours to work yet? and where did you find the link to an older version of assistant
2018-2-3
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

Google is your friend, try phantom help, the latest version of Assistant 2 is 1.2.2 and is available from the Mavic Air download page, the Goggles page also has a version of Assistant 2 but V 1.2.2 works for me.
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249846 ft
United States

Dan T Posted at 2018-2-3 18:02
Hi ,, I deleted dji assistant 2 times and reinstalled and still the same thing,,, did you get yours to work yet? and where did you find the link to an older version of assistant

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Depending on whether you have Windows or MacOS, download the DJI Assistant from there.

I did this yesterday and it worked for me without error.

2018-2-3
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

StevieJSmall Posted at 2018-2-3 18:25
https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Depending on whether you have Windows or MacOS, download the DJI Assistant from there.

Hey ,Thanks for the link,, that version dji asssistant had the firmware updates for the goggles so I could finally update them,, and this morning after the update they finally work on my MA,, headtracking and all
2018-2-4
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TonyJ Posted at 2018-2-2 21:53
I fought this for hours tonight, and it was the version of Assistant 2.  I found a link for v1.2.something.  Downloaded that version and never saw"Restore Factory Defaults" and its failure again.  Still no video feed from drone, but at least on to the next problem.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads ,, downloaded this version of dji assistant thanks to stevies reply below ,, updated the goggles with the latest update and finally got them to work ,, if your still having the link problem give it a try
2018-2-4
Use props
fans613f94c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46821 ft
United States

Dan T Posted at 2018-2-4 07:23
Hey ,Thanks for the link,, that version dji asssistant had the firmware updates for the goggles so I could finally update them,, and this morning after the update they finally work on my MA,, headtracking and all

Dumb question.  I have the Mavic Air fly more with goggles package on order, and want to be prepared to get right to using it when it comes in.  After all the firmware updates, do you connect the goggles to the USB port on the bottom of the controller, or the micro-USB port that normally connects to the phone?  Or would either work?  Aside from that question, I've read that you can't use the goggles and phone at the same time, is that correct?  Could you possibly use the micro-USB connected to the phone and the full USB port at the bottom connected to the goggles at the same time?  Appreciate the insight!
2018-2-4
Use props
TonyJ
lvl.2
United States

Dan T Posted at 2018-2-4 07:27
https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads ,, downloaded this version of dji assistant thanks to stevies reply below ,, updated the goggles with the latest update and finally got them to work ,, if your still having the link problem give it a try

Just went thru all of it again, and still no video.  I guess it is still an RE thang.
2018-2-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans613f94c7 Posted at 2018-2-4 11:46
Dumb question.  I have the Mavic Air fly more with goggles package on order, and want to be prepared to get right to using it when it comes in.  After all the firmware updates, do you connect the goggles to the USB port on the bottom of the controller, or the micro-USB port that normally connects to the phone?  Or would either work?  Aside from that question, I've read that you can't use the goggles and phone at the same time, is that correct?  Could you possibly use the micro-USB connected to the phone and the full USB port at the bottom connected to the goggles at the same time?  Appreciate the insight!

Well if its similar to the Mavic Pro controller you can use either port, BUT, if the lower full USB port is used then the micro USB cable must be unplugged from the side for it to work. This must be to stop two devices trying to work on what I think is one port with parallel output.

Now that may not be the case with the Air controller, but easily proven.
2018-2-4
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans613f94c7 Posted at 2018-2-4 11:46
Dumb question.  I have the Mavic Air fly more with goggles package on order, and want to be prepared to get right to using it when it comes in.  After all the firmware updates, do you connect the goggles to the USB port on the bottom of the controller, or the micro-USB port that normally connects to the phone?  Or would either work?  Aside from that question, I've read that you can't use the goggles and phone at the same time, is that correct?  Could you possibly use the micro-USB connected to the phone and the full USB port at the bottom connected to the goggles at the same time?  Appreciate the insight!

The way I got mine 2 work was use the cable that comes with the goggles to the usb on the bottom of the controller and do not hook up the iphone or whatever you use to the micro usb on the side powered on MA then controller and wait till the light on the controller quits blinking and the power on goggles hooked up top the bottom usb port,, good luck and have fun

2018-2-4
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TonyJ Posted at 2018-2-4 12:23
Just went thru all of it again, and still no video.  I guess it is still an RE thang.

humm , that link to dji assistant showed the latset update for goggles ,,,and they went from doing nothing to actually working ,, hope you get them to work soon  and maybe it does only work with the white ones
2018-2-4
Use props
fans613f94c7
lvl.1
United States

Dan T Posted at 2018-2-4 13:33
The way I got mine 2 work was use the cable that comes with the goggles to the usb on the bottom of the controller and do not hook up the iphone or whatever you use to the micro usb on the side powered on MA then controller and wait till the light on the controller quits blinking and the power on goggles hooked up top the bottom usb port,, good luck and have fun

Great, thanks for the info!  Any opinions on how it works, especially the lag time?
2018-2-4
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans613f94c7 Posted at 2018-2-4 16:43
Great, thanks for the info!  Any opinions on how it works, especially the lag time?

havent gone outside to test yet ,, cold snowey and windy  will soon  hopefully
2018-2-5
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249846 ft
United States

Dan T Posted at 2018-2-4 07:23
Hey ,Thanks for the link,, that version dji asssistant had the firmware updates for the goggles so I could finally update them,, and this morning after the update they finally work on my MA,, headtracking and all

No problem, glad it was helpful and that you're up and running now!
2018-2-5
Use props
fans613f94c7
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone confirmed what the range is with the mavic air connected directly to the goggles?  I have read that the range will be limited as if it's in beginner mode unless you connect to the app first, then disconnect and plug the goggles into the controller. Anyone try or verify this?  It would be nice to get maximum range without having to use a phone or tablet.
2018-2-10
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

same exact thing here.......so frustrating....exactly the same
2018-2-14
Use props
Dan T
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

kowal63 Posted at 2018-2-14 10:05
same exact thing here.......so frustrating....exactly the same

Hi , Deleted dji assistant from comp , downloaded the link stevie used , see above ,,  could see firmware versions for the goggles finally ,, updated to latest version .. updated ma and controller to their latest firmware,  then turn the ma on first let it boot up , then power on controller ,,, dont hook up anything to it yet,, when the light on the controller quits blinking and turns green then power on goggles,, then plug the cord supplied with  the goggles into the usb port on the controller and cross your fingers and hope the video from the camera shows up to view with the goggles
2018-2-15
Use props
tommydurango
New
Flight distance : 248317 ft
United States

I had a hell of a time updating the mavic pro, controller and goggles from .0300 and .0400 to v01.04.0500. The latest version of Assistant 2 worked with the aircraft and RC but not goggles. I couldn't do any through android and finally an iPad worked. Now all are on .0500 and happily playing together. Good thing I had options
2018-11-29
Use props
RobertMD
lvl.1
United States

I had same problem.  It was that my IOS MacBook Pro software would not allow download of software from DJI because it was not recognized. Delete all previous DJI assitant and go to preferences security setting and click on allow DJI and others to download. It should download new version then.
2018-12-4
Use props
fans1afe9434
New
United States

I wanted to let you know that I solved this update problem by fully charging my battery.  It apperently also works with my 6S drone battery.  At less than 43% charge on oem battery it will throw that error when trying to update.  
2021-7-20
Use props
fans1afe9434
New
United States

I wanted to let you know that I solved this update problem by fully charging my battery.  It apperently also works with my 6S drone battery.  At less than 43% charge on oem battery it will throw that error when trying to update.  
2021-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules