SD card problem fixed with duct tape
1228 23 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ape
lvl.1
United States

Okay my SD card will not stay in. So I took a small piece of plastic and duct tape. It woks just fine now
2018-2-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That was easy. But do you trust it, 100' in the air?

RedHotPoker

2018-2-2
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-2 14:56
That was easy. But do you trust it, 100' in the air?

OMG  Red Green would be proud of the young lad!
2018-2-2
Use props
Malolojoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312844 ft
United States

Kind of scary you need duct tape. You might miss some recordings at an inopportune time. Have to tried a different card?
2018-2-2
Use props
Ape
lvl.1
United States

I do. I have flown it 10 times now with the duct tape fix. No issues. Now it stays in and ejects as normal. Being the second owner and not wanting to send it to DJI and wait for it for 2 months to fix it. I am stocked mr duct tape fixed it
2018-2-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I would send that drone in for service.

Something like this should be easy to fix, and hopefully free of service charges.

RedHotPoker

2018-2-2
Use props
Ape
lvl.1
United States

I have tried other cards. It keep ejecting them. The guy I got it from he had the issue. I paid 225. Dollars for it and Mr duct tape does work and does not impede the camera at all. Works perfectly
2018-2-2
Use props
Ape
lvl.1
United States

Who would fix the issue if I am the second owner.

2018-2-2
Use props
Ape
lvl.1
United States

Hi am a Beebe at this. So fun . I live in SoCal I will look for someone close to me. Thank you guys
2018-2-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Duct tape fixes everything.  When I was a poor college student, I used it to hold my sneakers together.  It was with great reluctance I finally bought a new pair of shoes.
2018-2-2
Use props
bugbee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167556 ft

United States

What color duct tape?
2018-2-2
Use props
Ape
lvl.1
United States

Black because I have tons of it . I use to road race motorcycles and well when you crash it’s a quick fix for fairings
2018-2-2
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Well I guess you can't argue with something that works...I wouldn't care for that setup, but...
If nothing else it just goes to help prove that Duct Tape will fix anything...
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Ape, thanks for sharing with us. I'm afraid that the stability can not be ensured in this kind of situation. We're glad to help if the drone is still in warranty period.
2018-2-2
Use props
Ape
lvl.1
United States

Thank you guys for the input. I used a small piece and the stability is fine, works perfectly. The vids I posted on Sky pixel look great. Like I said the SD card reader on the camera is now working just fine. The card stays in and comes out fine now. I thought the pin inside was bent. I was going to replace it but cannot find one. That’s when I came up with the duct tape fix and it worked lol no no need for it it now works fine , strange but it kind of fixed it self. Thank you again and Susan if something else goes wrong I will be in contact
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

Ape Posted at 2018-2-2 17:34
Black because I have tons of it . I use to road race motorcycles and well when you crash it’s a quick fix for fairings

I would hate to ride at whatever track allows you to do that. I've seen the repercussions, and concussions, that result from improperly-secured fairings.

2018-2-2
Use props
Ape
lvl.1
United States

Ok I raced all over and I would never fix my body work on the race bikes with just duct tape but when needed I would use some here and there. I have used on my race suites for a patch job on a small tear. Nothing too crazy as I made a living at it when I was a young lad. Anything to get on the bike to race after a small low crash. Duct tape the quicker fixer upper
2018-2-2
Use props
Malolojoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312844 ft
United States

My OCD would let me use the Duct Tape fix. I'd have to buy a new AC
2018-2-3
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Well if it works, at least it’s not a critical part of the aircraft. Myth busters would be proud of you finding another use for duct tape.
2018-2-3
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like it's as good as a $200 repair.  Nice going.
2018-2-3
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

As we all agree...duct tape does fix everything! LOL I totally understand your situation. Seems like a minor problem and sending in the drone would certainly take a few weeks. Probable would be a very simple fix. I would just say as much as I love duct tape, and I use it too, that it should be considered just a bandaid. I would make sure you keep removing your data each time you fly though, which you are hopefully doing. I mean worst case is you either loose the card of miss getting footage right? Might think about wiping the area off once in a while with some alcohol too. After repeated used of the tapes, I know it seems to leave a little adhesive and starts to become slimy. I have actually had this happen before on other devices where the latch inside the card reader gets stuck or doesn't latch. Who knows, it may start working again at some point.
Good luck to you!   
2018-2-3
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m not afraid to use duct tape, 2 part epoxy, what ever it takes to keep my quads in the air. Just do not under any circumstances use super glue on dji quads, not only does it not stick, it melts the plastic...
2018-2-3
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Ape Posted at 2018-2-2 17:34

i used to work on LMP's and you would be amazed what was held together with gaffa tape! the drivers were ok with it , all they worried about was did the throttle go all the way to the floor
2018-2-3
Use props
Ape
lvl.1
United States

Yes my duct tape friends. The card slot is working again
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules