Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[RESOLVED] Remote controller won't connect to dji assistant
35215 31 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wworrall
lvl.1

United States

My new mavic air  is having major problems with the remote.  My prior drone was the dji P2V.  I have yet to fly this new one due to two problems:
1. the RC beeps constantly, but if you go into the djigo4 ios app it will stop when you calibrate the sticks, the calibrataion saves ok, but when you turn it off and back on, the beeping is back.  the led on rc is red when beeping.  It can connect to the aircraft and show the camera view.  In djgo4 app it shows the version number for aircraft and rc, and they are all as they are supposed to be with latest firmware.  

2. I can't reset the RC firmware because it won't connect to pc dji assistant software on windows pc.  the aircraft connects to pc just fine.  Turning off firewall and antivirus, installing and running as administrator, and authorizing each component of the dji assistant install doesn't fix the failure to connect.  I tried this on 3 different PCs with  win 10, win 7, and win 8, no different.  I notice that on all the PCs I hear the usb device (RC) connecting and disconnecting sound over and over again from each PC (and of course the RC keeps on beeping).  I tried 3 different usb cables including the one provided with the micro-usb c to micro-usb adapter.  I read all the posts I could find regarding the beeping and the PC dji assistant connection problem and tried the suggestions.

I got no effective help from DJI chat, I sent an email suggesting a return or exchange is going to be needed.  But if anyone has any solution, please let me know.  thanks

2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, do you download the DJI Assistant 2 in Mavic Air page? Is there a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager? If not, I'm afraid that you may consider to send it in.
device manager.png
2018-2-2
Use props
wworrall
lvl.1

United States

Good question.  I am using the dji assistant 2 from mavic air page.  I DO have yellow exclamation marks on two  devices that pop up briefly in device manager, then go away, as the PC sound indicates a usb device connecting and then disconnecting over and over again.  the properties of the problem USB device indicate "the device cannot start (code 10)" and "a device which does not exist was specified".   Any suggestions?  Again, this is on 3 different computers with 3 different versions of windows os and with antivirus/firewalls off and with 3 differed usb cables.  I will try to upload the screen shot of device manager.
thank you!
2018-2-3
Use props
wworrall
lvl.1

United States

And here is the driver info from that properties box for the problem usb device (image uploaded)
what I found about the error:
"The Code 10 error is one of several Device Manager error codes. It's generated when Device Manager can't start the hardware device, a situation usually caused by outdated or corrupted drivers. A device may also receive a Code 10 error if a driver generates an error that Device Manager doesn't understand"
2018-2-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I have the same problem when I try to connect my RC to my Windows 10 PC.
2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_9ZForQHFzsot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106188 ft
United States

Add me to the list. I also have the same problem when I try to connect my RC to my Windows 10 PC.
2018-2-3
Use props
wworrall
lvl.1

United States

Today the beeping is gone, I think it was the obstacle avoidance beep warning that I encountered even though I did  not even start the motors. but I don't know really.  It flies fine.  And when flying I hear the same beeping when near obstacles that I heard yesterday when I wasn't flying.

I CANNOT connect my RC to pc dji assistant, this is the ongoing issue.
2018-2-3
Use props
techy_traveler
New
Flight distance : 57615 ft
United States

Same here and I've downloaded it a couple of times. No solution yet? :-(
2018-2-4
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Same problem here, the Mavic Air is perfectly accesible with the DJI Assistent, the Remote however isn't willing to connect. Constant USB connect and disconnect sounds and apearance and disappearance in the WIndows 10 Device Manager.

No issues with connecting to the Android App thankfully.
2018-2-5
Use props
wworrall
lvl.1

United States

Perhaps others could contact DJI about this issue?  Maybe they will fix the issue if they get more reports.    I have gotten no where with them through their support communication.  After 5 emails back and forth they advised me to reset the wifi on the aircraft, relink the RC to the aircraft, and then perform firmware updates via dji assistant.  Each time they respond it is a different person, and obviously they are not paying attention to the information I provided them.  I already had a working RC link to aircraft, and I can't do anything on the PC with DJI assistant 2 and the RC because the RC is not recognized on the computer, most likely due to the RC not properly communicating with the USB driver.  If the RC had a reset to factory status button on it, or a factory reset function  for the RC through the DJI go4 app, then this would likely be easy to resolve.
2018-2-5
Use props
wworrall
lvl.1

United States

I am returning the mavic air.  support never seemed to understand what the problem was and kept giving me suggestions that were of no use.   don't want the 14 day return window to run out so I opened a case# for refund/return.; and I opened a dispute case with paypal in case DJI doen't do the refund.  I may buy another one in a few months when they work out the bugs.
2018-2-6
Use props
wworrall
lvl.1

United States

RC connection to dji assistant 2 resolved in my case (with my second MA)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=134139

2018-2-15
Use props
wworrall
lvl.1

United States

[RESOLVED] Remote controller won't connect to dji assis...

marked resolved
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Everyone. Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note of the issue for the Mavic Air remote and DJI Assistant 2, and have forwarded it to our Field Application Engineers. We will update you soon once we have feedback.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. PM sent.
2018-2-15
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm this works.
2018-2-15
Use props
Franco64
Second Officer
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

Also for me. Well done, DJI folks!
2018-2-16
Use props
Kevjones1959
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Well Windows just released build 1803 April update which just broke the driver again.
2018-5-6
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-5-6 07:57
Well Windows just released build 1803 April update which just broke the driver again.

yeh it dosnt connect for me ether. no FCC mode for kevin ;(
2018-5-10
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

hey mind sending another PM to the devs. the drivers are broken on the latest 1800 version of windows
2018-5-10
Use props
fansdb17f747
lvl.3

Kevinab Posted at 2018-5-10 05:57
yeh it dosnt connect for me ether. no FCC mode for kevin ;(

Please send me the working driver. Thanks
2018-8-17
Use props
Steve_BP
New
Australia

I know it's an old thread and one of the procedures mentioned in the link below is discussed here but I found these instructions worked for me. As it turns out my main issue was the device driver certificate. The guy has a link to a newer and claimed easier method in the video description but I found his old method first and it worked like a treat.
2018-11-3
Use props
highbar
lvl.1

United States

Steve_BP Posted at 2018-11-3 12:43
I know it's an old thread and one of the procedures mentioned in the link below is discussed here but I found these instructions worked for me. As it turns out my main issue was the device driver certificate. The guy has a link to a newer and claimed easier method in the video description but I found his old method first and it worked like a treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60lhb2D-VdU&t=591s

I can confirm this works:
Nothing worked for me - tried older versions, back to 1.0.7...  Then I installed the flight simulator, which includes its own driver packages.  I actually had DJI Assitant 2 v. 1.2.4 running in background + powered on RC plugged in - all while the flight simulator install ran.   As soon as it finished, the RC became available in Assistant 2.  
We should not have to troubleshoot $700+ products like this!
2019-1-4
Use props
fans4dd9c5f7
New
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-15 18:50
Hi. PM sent.

Hi, I’m having the same problems as everyone else, I had the mavic 2 from new on Thursday and can’t get the tv to connect to the pc or drone, but maybe the driver for the pc would allow me to install the new firmware, any chance u could send it over? Thanks
2019-6-9
Use props
jcforbes034
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44108 ft

United States

Hi, My DJI Spark Controller Doesn't By the DJI Assistant 2
2019-12-7
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Folks,YouGottaFlashSuccessfully.
In2018TheAndroidCabledIntoRcDidSuccessfulFlashingIntoRc&Drone&ParticularDroneBattery.
ButDroneEyesHadToBeCalAsst2Done.
ManyHitWindowsObstructsWorseningCalQuests.
OriginatingPostWasFlakyHeldDigitalDataPrescribedSuccessfully.HowIsItTheSuccessfulWritesBecomeCorrupt&OrMissing&OrDisappearedFromRepositoryChip?
IfRepositoryChipCanNotWithstandItsPunchesByVoltageReWritingDataThenThatRepositoryChipNeedsImprovementForFlakingOutFromWhateverHasCausedTheDataToFubar.
2019-12-7
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

highbar Posted at 1-4 21:36
I can confirm this works:
Nothing worked for me - tried older versions, back to 1.0.7...  Then I installed the flight simulator, which includes its own driver packages.  I actually had DJI Assitant 2 v. 1.2.4 running in background + powered on RC plugged in - all while the flight simulator install ran.   As soon as it finished, the RC became available in Assistant 2.  
We should not have to troubleshoot $700+ products like this!

MaybeDifficultiesEncounteredBeforeHaveNowTransformedByFurtheredMicrosoftChanges&RevisalsOfWindowsPlatforms(WasntXpProSp3JustGreat?).
MoneyCouldAlsoHaveSeededDriverBlessings&Woes.
ButDefinitelyEndusersMustPerformTheWorkaroundsEnablingUseOfTheOffendingSoftwareLimelightedByMicrosoft.
2019-12-7
Use props
Radek Szmagliński
New

Poland

Hi,
I am having the same issue. DJI Assistant 2 1.2.5 does not detect my RC controller (Mavic Air) and i am not able to update it
My drone updated without any problem.
Please help. I cannot find DJI Assistant v 1.0.7 so I cant check this solution.

Cya!
2019-12-12
Use props
TP24
New

United States

Hi,   Mavic drone, same issue here. Re-image laptop with no results. Detects my controller then it disappears.  Dell laptop - Win10 1903.

1. Connected controller thorough a USB HUB (Dlink DBU-H7) I suppose any would work as long as it has it's own power supply) and the controller works good. I can upgrade the firmware and the device stays connected.

2. Further testing WITHOUT the USB HUB. Enter your computers BIOS settings and "Enable USB PowerShare". This should also fix the issue. At least it did in my case so that I don't have to use any USB HUBS.

Hope this helps,

Thanks
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_pnFmNwF5EkhU
lvl.1

United States

SOLUTION: If you've turned off the firewall in settings and OK'd the DJI driver and it's still a no go, I found the reason they all say to try different USB cables, it's for one reason only... Many of these cables are for charging things ONLY, not data transfer. Go on Amazon and buy a good rated, usb "data transfer" cable and your drone should then connect. I had two "charger only" cables which is why nothing was working. My Mavic Air uses a USB-C to a regular USB (A) cable to my computer, but again, HAS to be a "data transfer" cable!
2023-2-7
Use props
djiuser_pnFmNwF5EkhU
lvl.1

United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-3 09:56
I have the same problem when I try to connect my RC to my Windows 10 PC.

SOLUTION: If you've turned off the firewall in settings and OK'd the DJI driver and it's still a no go, I found the reason they all say to try different USB cables, it's for one reason only... Many of these cables are for charging things ONLY, not data transfer. Go on Amazon and buy a good rated, usb "data transfer" cable and your drone should then connect. I had two "charger only" cables which is why nothing was working. My Mavic Air uses a USB-C to a regular USB (A) cable to my computer, but again, HAS to be a "data transfer" cable!
2023-2-7
Use props
djiuser_pnFmNwF5EkhU
lvl.1

United States

2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules