Custom stick mode; wrong direction
3020 11 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
Netherlands

I'm flying the Spark only very recent, but follow this forum for quite a while. The Spark is really fun to fly. I'm getting used to the controls, but for myself I thought the yaw controls on the sticks felt a bit unnatural in Sticke Mode 2. So I tried the Custom mode; on the right stick forward/backward and turn left/right and the left stick with up/down and move left/right. What happens now on the left stick when I push it to the rght, the Spark moves left and vice versa. So just the other way around as the stick movement. When I change the move L/R to the right stick (like in Mode 2), the stick behaviour is normal again. Anybody else seen this behaviour? It's on both when I set it by iPad Mini or Galaxy S8. Not a really big deal, but looks like a small bug in the Custom mode.

Screenshot_20180203-111923.png
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting though I always use mode 2
2018-2-3
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

The reversing in your controls comes from the order in which you touched the "destination" locations for your right stick.  You needed to select "yaw left" and then click on the left side of the right stick.  If you touch it to the right side, the control will be reversed.  
2018-2-3
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Netherlands

I tried that as well. As you can see on the screenshot all arris are pointing outwards. But even if I drag and drop them differently, no difference. It only works properly if left/right are assigned to the right stick.
2018-2-3
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Mode 2 FTW!
2018-2-3
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
United States

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-2-3 09:30
I tried that as well. As you can see on the screenshot all arris are pointing outwards. But even if I drag and drop them differently, no difference. It only works properly if left/right are assigned to the right stick.

in your screenshot, your left and right yaw controls are reversed.  you need to drag those controls off and then back down, but drag the yaw right to the "right stick ->" side so that it is set up correctly.  
2018-2-3
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

You can try mode 1 which is just those controls swapped
2018-2-4
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

This is a user error. Have fun fixing it
2018-2-4
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Don’t forget to switch back to mode 2 afterwards. Unlearning a special flight mode later is very difficult.
2018-2-4
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
United States

I made a quick how-to on setting up custom controller configurations if you don't want to use one of the standard modes.   Hope it helps.  

2018-2-4
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Netherlands

Thanks for the reactions, I finally figured it out. Now the stick movements behave like expected. The dragging and dropping sometimes come quite precise... Now I can focus on getting the natural feeling of flying this little bird. It's a bit different then the glider planes I used to fly, but I'm amazed how stable the Spark is in the air.
2018-2-4
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

Mode 2 is a standard method use for most RC aircraft.    Mode 1 is popular in Australia, but to me it’s not intuitive...especially for a drone/heli.

I would stick to Mode2, so if you venture into other RC aircraft you are already familar with the controls

2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules